• 51 results
Posted by RazzaTazz (11941 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is something which I noticed and maybe someone can prove me wrong.  Comics never draw its favourite heroes having showers but it is not all that uncommon to see a heroine having one.  Take these for instance (Wonder Woman and Catwoman): 

This is when she was in prison and ended in a shower fight
I don't think I need to expand on this a whole lot.  Just the usual double standard in portrayal of men and women.  For instance when Bruce went to prison they didn't show him in any naked shower fights.  
#1 Posted by SC (15004 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree about the ratio, but there have been some, well, a few male examples, I can post, or reference later, as in tomorrow. Well thats great *SC now realizes will be going to bed, trying to think of men in showers*  

I think its because you don't read the awesome X-Men stories and books like me! *grin*  

#2 Posted by SC (15004 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, also fanservice/censor steam two hit combo, nice. Oh, and this was easy to find. I agree with your point as always... (or do I...)  

Funny fact, this was after Spider-Man made a deal with Hela, a death goddess. The shot is not as gratuitous either, really. 

#3 Edited by .o0Johnny0o. (770 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm noticing a running theme of 'tactical crotch steam' as well. 

Edit forgot to show this.  Weird shower attack, I forget what exactly was happening but the first panel's always taken out of context.

#4 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
"I agree about the ratio, but there have been some, well, a few male examples, I can post, or reference later, as in tomorrow. Well thats great *SC now realizes will be going to bed, trying to think of men in showers*   I think its because you don't read the awesome X-Men stories and books like me! *grin*   "

What X-"Men" Stories are these?
#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce wayne taking a shower here

Here's grayson

Bruce wayne "suiting up"
#6 Posted by RazzaTazz (11941 posts) - - Show Bio

I stand correctted, there its a double standard on the double standard, there are a lot more gratutious Batman/Nightwing shower scenes than there are women in shower scenes than there are men in shower scenes
#7 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26668 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: That picture with Black Canary is actually Dick Grayson taking a shower not Bruce Wayne.  
#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (16059 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz said:
"I stand correctted, there its a double standard on the double standard, there are a lot more gratutious Batman/Nightwing shower scenes than there are women in shower scenes than there are men in shower scenes "

LOL
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
" @entropy_aegis: That picture with Black Canary is actually Dick Grayson taking a shower not Bruce Wayne.   "

I know.
#9 Posted by jloneblackheart (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer in the Shower 
#10 Posted by warlock360 (28180 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to me people just see what they want to see ;)

#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5505 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember they used to show showers all the time in Archie comics. The girls always had soap bubbles around their chests and hips and the guys always had soap bubbles around their waist.
#12 Posted by Rheged (626 posts) - - Show Bio
@.o0Johnny0o. said:
" I'm noticing a running theme of 'tactical crotch steam' as well. 

Edit forgot to show this.  Weird shower attack, I forget what exactly was happening but the first panel's always taken out of context.

"

O_O

I don't know.  The context here reads pretty sexual to me.  They just bypassed overtones and went straight for the blatant.  LOL!
#13 Posted by TypingKira (3555 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"
"
Norrin Radd -- Chuck Norris Intergalactic Protege. 
#14 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (703 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:  I hate to nitpick, but that scene was from the 24/7 storyline, after Peter made the deal with Mephisto.  He was showering in aunt may's house after he saw her in bed with J Jonah Jameson's Father. Jameson Sr. hence the "Must Wash Brain"
#15 Posted by Asymmetrical (23748 posts) - - Show Bio

I know they're not superheroes but Lono being ultra-bad@$$ in the shower during Chill in the Oven of 100 Bullets is one of the finest examples of a male prison shower fight scene

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (40971 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"
"
LMAO
#17 Posted by SC (15004 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"
"

Just.. wow, I hope this was in a MAX publication, because I am not sure if I want my non existent, hypothetical future children, to read such gratuitous hyper sexualized displays of characters cleaning themselves. In fact not only that, but the blatant metaphor of his actions here as well...  

@GundamHeavyarms:  Actually I think we are both wrong, that scene actually took place, before the 24/7 storyline you suggest and after the Hela Bella storyline I suggested, in the OMG WTF storyline made and written by Chuck Austen where Spider-man makes a deal with Azazel, but in the process sees Havok reliving himself on Iceman and Angel making Love in the Club and getting Jiggy with It, in the Summertime with Husk in frony of Stacey X's mom. Hence the brain scrubbing part) 

@Hawkeye446: lol, X-Men was always good and inverting and subverting gender tropes. I still always think of Ororo first though and her vapor mist power of wind and clouds. Though I suppose she actually has control over those things so its much more logical... 
#18 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:

Did I miss something? Yes you would think so, but has there ever not been steam "pouring" out of the shower? You think someone would think of something different for once..
#19 Posted by SC (15004 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
"Did I miss something? Yes you would think so, but has there ever not been steam "pouring" out of the shower? You think someone would think of something different for once.. "

Now I am not sure, and feel I missed something? 0_0 

I think steam is okay... what's worse is fruit! LOL
#20 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: sorry thats my fault, you did miss something. My quote didn't publish correctly.... You said something about Havok reliving himself on Iceman, and Angel getting Jiggy. :S

#21 Posted by tyciol (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though somebody already posted the Bruce Wayne + Robin shower fight...

[quote]when Bruce went to prison they didn't show him in any naked shower fights.[/quote]

Since the surname isn't specified...

I'll raise another from Marvel: Bruce Banner almost getting raped in the YMCA showers.

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120506025438/animebaths/images/7/74/BruceBannerShower1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120506025444/animebaths/images/6/67/BruceBannerShower2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120506025449/animebaths/images/2/2c/BruceBannerShower3.jpg[/img]

Come at me feminists.

#22 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Batman and Spider-Man are shown in the shower sometimes...

#23 Posted by Jorgevy (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce went to prison? Oh boy......

Also, I remember a Ant-man - Ms Marvel shower panel too

#24 Posted by Primmaster64 (21663 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#25 Posted by Protoon (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Is that Black Canary walking in on him?

#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banner was shown in the shower too...

#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

As always my opinion is that it's a two way street applicable to both gender and thus not worth mentioning for one unless mentioned for both and that it is no more offense or counter productive for either gender

#28 Posted by primepower53 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

I demand more shower scenes of men and women!!! ^__^

They are awsome... I love bath time, its my favorite time of the day. Which comes three times a day for me. I am such a girl in some ways, I don't understand what the beef here is. It just feels like some folks are always looking for reason's to point fingers towards some make believe standard they have intevented in their minds for god only knows what reason.

I know there has been alot of bath scenes aswell, not just showers. Men and women alike... I think I can remember seeing Scott and Emma take a bath together, and I know I have seen Cable and Domino in a tub together before.

#30 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Yeah, I remember that issue, first read it when I was like 10, LOL

#31 Posted by primepower53 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: I read it at 12...I was mortified... :P

#32 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Naamah_Obyzouth:

Felica in the bath
#33 Posted by Ravager4 (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers said:

@Naamah_Obyzouth:

Felica in the bath

Is that a milk bath?

#34 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: @Andy Steven Summers:

MILK DOES A BODY GOOD!!! Felica is sooo gorgeous, I adore her thank you Andy!!! ^__^

You made me giggle with joy.

#35 Posted by Ravager4 (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

@Naamah_Obyzouth said:

@Ravager4: @Andy Steven Summers:

MILK DOES A BODY GOOD!!! Felica is sooo gorgeous, I adore her thank you Andy!!! ^__^

You made me giggle with joy.

Just seems like a waste of a lot of perfectly good milk xD Must be a pretty expensive bath expensive too. How many gallons do you suppose that is?

#36 Posted by JediXMan (32973 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@mr.obvious said:

Bruce Banner was shown in the shower too...

IIRC he damn near had sex with a woman in the shower...

Hulk issue 51:

http://www.comicvine.com/the-incredible-hulk-killing-season/37-131575/

I believe there was also an instance where he was almost the victim of rape... I forget when it was, but I want to say in the 70s given the clothes the other guys were wearing.

#37 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4:

About 10 too many I figure. ^__~

I wish that cat would drink faster, or his friends would join in.

You have to love that subtle humor of the cat drinking the milk from the bath, meaning she is very slowly being revealed. It teases at the mind of people like me.

As far as how much Milk it would take to fill a bath of that size, which looks more like a spa and less like a normal bath too me anyways.

OVAL SHAPED SPA (Depth x Length x Width x 5.9 = Capacity) and if the sides are sloped you would need to then ( x that by .85.)

Seeing as how we have no way of telling I would just say it is best left too our imaginations.

#38 Posted by Ravager4 (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I believe there was also an instance where he was almost the victim of rape... I forget when it was, but I want to say in the 70s given the clothes the other guys were wearing.

You mean this?

#39 Posted by JediXMan (32973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4:

Yeah, that.

#40 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: LOL yeah, that was prob the first nude scene I've ever read in a comic, well either that, or some issue of Punisher where Frank was making out with some naked chick... being 10 years old sure was a strange time back then... :P

#41 Posted by nickthedevil (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres a Tony Stark in the shower somewhere.

#42 Posted by knighthood (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie in the Dark Phoenix Saga. I couldn't find an English version (and I don't feel like scanning)...

#43 Posted by Dhor (296 posts) - - Show Bio

that is one hairy man:O

#44 Posted by umbrafeline (5919 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by reinhardjanssenwijaya (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Black cat take shower in evil that men do

#46 Posted by Jayc1324 (18129 posts) - - Show Bio

Most comics are written by, drawn by and read by men so what do ya expect

#47 Posted by antimutant001 (721 posts) - - Show Bio

fanservice for both males and females.

#48 Posted by JasonHawke (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

Came for the pictures...

Wasnt disappointed!

#49 Edited by Mark_Stephen (864 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not so much fanservice as an interesting way to introduce a new villainess, pretty tame by today's standards.

I still wonder what sort of detergent she used on Diana's costume.

#50 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8934 posts) - - Show Bio

so we've established comics engage in fan service. And?