Herald Level Characters.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Easternwind

So, I was having an argument about characters and being herald level.

Maybe you guys can help.

The characters in reference were

• Darkseid
  • Thanos
  • Silver Surfer
  • Mr Majestic
  • Fernus
  • Nate Grey
  • Despero

And what I said , was Thanos and Darkseid are above herald

and I said Majestic, Fernus, Surfer, Nate Grey , and Despero were all herald level.

What would you guys say about that?

Is there an actually definition of herald level?

The way I see it , Sufer is the very high benchmark for herald level, and then Thanos/DS are one level up, then Skyfathers are another level up.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The above herald level I usually call team buster level, i.e these are villains/characters that teams like the entire Justice League or Avengers would have some serious difficulty with.

Here is how I have them set up.

Street Level

Low - jokingly bad characters like Arm-Fall-Off-Boy

Mid - Joker

High - Batman

Enhanced Street Level

Low - Bane

Mid - Captain America

High - Wolverine

Low Level Supers

Low - Cyclops

Mid - Spidey

High - Luke Cage

High Level Supers

Low - Iron Man

Mid - Invisible Girl

High - Black Bolt

Herald/Cosmic Level

Low - Hulk

Mid - Superman

High - Silver Surfer

Team Busters

Low - N52 Darkseid

Mid - Despero, H/P Doomsday

High - Thanos, Classic Darkseid

Skyfather Level

Low - Dormammu

Mid - Odin

High - Set, Shuma Gorath, Cytorrak

Universal Threats

Low - Inbetweener

Mid - Tyrant, Mxy

High - Galactus

Abstracts

Low - Eternity

Mid - Living Tribunal

High - Presence and TOAA

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Darkseid above herald
  • Thanos above herald
  • Silver Surfer very high tier herald
  • Mr Majestic high tier herald
  • Fernus above herald
  • Nate Grey high herald but not too sure
  • Despero above herald
mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mace1111

What level is king hyperion,superman prime with the time trapper powers and anti-man?

High herald or above it?

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Darkseid is not herald level. He only just recently destroyed his first planet. pre-52 he was only a match for Superman before Final Crisis. I really dont know where people get that darkseid is that level. by feats SS would stomp him. I don't like it but that is the way it is and has been.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: You're thinking of jobberseid. Those were avatars of Darkseid. Real Darkseid was PC Darkseid. Who stomped superman. After that it was implied every appearance was an avatar of him only. So yeah, Darkseid is way above herald level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the se people are above herald level, and thor should be considered herald level since he always beats silver surfer

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Wait clear that up for me...PC stands for Pre-Crisis or Post Crisis? what feats does Darkseid have to suggest he's above Surfer?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: pre crisis. During that time he stomped Superboy and supergirl at the same time, stomping silver age superman who had ridiculous feats like dragging solar systems and him admitting Darkseid is too strong for him, mind controlling 3 billion daxamites at once (all pre crisis), to being one shotted by superman (post crisis).

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Okay. So Pre-Crisis>herald, Post Crisis<<<<<<<<Herald, and New 52<<Herald.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: for now yes. New 52 destroyed a planet and knocked out Superman but silver surfer has before too and could definitely beat superman. I believe he will eventually be shown to be even more powerful since he only had one new 52 appearance but for now yes you're right.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

I'd like for DC to pay as much attention to power levels and feats as marvel because, personally, I think it's ridiculous that Surfer is more powerful than darkseid. Darkseid is one of THE biggest threats in the DCU and a character that Thor has bested could throttle him. Hell I could make a strong case for Thor throttling Pre-52 Darkseid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: superman beat him so yeah, you probably could. I just think some writers don't care about that stuff or making things consistent, they just want to make a good story and use whatever characters they want to make a point. But new 52 Darkseid already took on the entire justice league and is a planet buster so he's off to a good start so far.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@pperspectiveandreality: superman beat him so yeah, you probably could. I just think some writers don't care about that stuff or making things consistent, they just want to make a good story and use whatever characters they want to make a point. But new 52 Darkseid already took on the entire justice league and is a planet buster so he's off to a good start so far.

I challenge you to name a good Darkseid before Final Crisis. If the stories were actually good I could abide that logic, but, for the most part regarding not only darkseid but all the new gods, all the stories have been rubbish. Also it doesn't make sense that writers at Marvel can write good stories with exceptionally powerful characters while the writers at DC just can't figure out how to do that. Marvel has Thanos surviving a blackhole with minor scratches and Darkseid getting beaten into submission by Superman. See the disparity? What I'm trying to say is that it doesnt make sense that Marvel's powerhouse characters are written so much more powerful than DC's.