Help settle an argument

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

Okay, I got a buddy who claims that if Superman had had Batman with him his first fight with Doomsday wouldn't have ended so bad for him, the part he couldn't answer was how Batman would have actually helped in the fight. Now I firmly believe if he had worked with the classic JLA team it would have gone way different mostly due to folks like the Flash, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter actually using his full power (See for those that don't know MM was there in the guise of Bloodwynd and didn't know who he really was at the time) but I'd like to know if people honestly thought Batman alone would have helped and how? And please no "Cause he's Batman" or vague statements about prep time.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Are you talking about Man of Steel?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: No I'm talking about The Death of Superman, you know when him and Doomsday fought for the first time and both died. Okay technically Superman went into a coma and Doomsday only died temporarily. Tho beating Superman into a coma is still an impressive feat.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine008

@joshmightbe:

Ah, okay. Well, no. Without any sort of preparation or knowledge on Doomsday, Batman would have been useless when Superman fought Doomsday. Probably would have been killed at that.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@wolverine08: That's what I said, as it was Dday walked all over a GL and Maxima without even slowing down.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

He'd headbutt Doomsday with his pointy Cowl and Impale his heart :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber: But then Dday would have come back immune to Bat fan service, making him the most powerful villain in DC.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@joshmightbe: But Morrison would Write Bad God to travel through Time as a Pirate, Pilgrim, Caveman etc and defeat Doomsday :P

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9 juiceboks  Moderator

Batman would've been even more useless than all the other heroes that tried to fend off DD before Superman fought him

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@joshmightbe: Are you going to settle this debate with your friend, show him this thread? And no, I agree with the other sentiments on this thread. Batman would have been useless in this fight. He had no foreknowledge on DD and even if he did, there was no way he could have done anything physically to help Superman anyway.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hope your friend isn't going to try to bring up Kryptonite, because that didn't become a weakness for Doomsday until much later...and even then, he'd just evolve out of it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Batman could not help in anyway to stop Superman from dieing. Due to this being doomsday first appearance and batman not know what it is or if it has any weakness.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: This has been a long standing argument for a while now and honestly I just wanted to confirm for myself that I was right. I'll probably send him a link to this tho. Tho in the writing of this statement it occurs to me that this could be somewhat petty.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Perhaps but there is merit in educating people about the overrated superiority that Batman actually has in comics and in his feats.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would have been useless. Heck, the next time Doomsday was rampaging through Metropolis of his own volition, Batman was like "screw the city, we use the anti-Doomsday cannon right now." Gog had other plans, though, so it never happened.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I'm not a Batman hater but I don't really like when his fans act like he's some all powerful god. If they really had respect for the character they claim to adore then they'd know he was never meant to be unbeatable.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I remember correctly the fight did not span over multiple days, so there is no prep time argument to make for Batman helping in anyway.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Batman's my second favourite character and I hate it when people do the same thing. He's good yes but he's not a godlike being with prep time.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: I think the time span was only meant to be a couple of hours and the only thing that even gave Dday pause was Superman. I have serious doubts he even felt the attacks from the rest of the JLI.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Batman even with any amount of prep or anyway couldn't had helped his friend except joining him in death & then DC would have to rename comic Death of Superman into Death of the World's finest. Only Adam West Batman who actually is on nigh-omnipotent level with Anti-Doomsday device can beat Doomsday lol

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Ya in most threads, though it is a factor, prep time seems to get blown way out of proportion.

Avatar image for _ashleyhomicide_
_AshleyHomicide_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's tHe Goddamn Batman

-ABstract4$$#073-

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman wouldnt have been able to do crap. He has no prior knowledge of doomsday (as lex luthor found him in the ground), so he cant prep against him. Not to mention that if superman was struggling to put him down, i highly doubt that batman's baterangs or gas would have done anything.

well, i take it back. batman would have been a great distraction for doomsday before doomsday oneshots him. superman could have used that 1 second to land some more punches on doomsday.

now, with the justice leagues help, yeah, superman probably wouldnt have died. it would have been 7v1 and doomsday wouldnt have been able to focus all of his attention on superman

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: Actually in the book no one found Dday he just managed to escape from where he was imprisoned and just started wrecking s**t.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe

i havent read the comic, so i was just going based off of the movie

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: The comic never explained where Dday came from or why he was destroying stuff. They just pieced that together in later stories. In the original run no one knew anything about him aside from him being a monster who destroyed everything he came within arms reach.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Emperorb777

Batman would have been useless in the DOS fight just like every other fight that involves a powerhouse. The only real use Batman would be is writing checks for the destruction.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: And wasn't he fighting one handed and still wrecking s*&% for a while.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: Yea I believe either Booster Gold or Blue Beetle pointed out that he had one hand tied behind his back while he kicked the crap out of all them before Superman showed up.