Help me pick the right character for me?

sillypoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sillypoo

Hi I'm new to comics and idk what the right character is for me. I like Captain America and I have this old "Infinity Gauntlet" comic which looks cool but I never really read it.

Here are some factoids about myself: I like fencing (swordfighting sport), asian women, the Navy SEALs, candy/snacks, doing pushups, watching football. I'm at college studying communication and gonna try to get my MBA after. I also love puppies, I wanna get a dog so badly. My favorite movies are Lord of the Rings, Hurt Locker, Avengers, Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises, American Psycho, Warrior, Act of Valor, and a few others. I live in the midwest.

What would be a good comic character for me? Preferably someone in Marvel or DC?

sillypoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sillypoo

is it okay if i bump?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twentyfive

Wolverine. Cap. Batman.

sillypoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sillypoo

@Twentyfive said:

Wolverine. Cap. Batman.

How do I pick a character that is right for me?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lykopis

@sillypoo said:

Hi I'm new to comics and idk what the right character is for me. I like Captain America and I have this old "Infinity Gauntlet" comic which looks cool but I never really read it.

Here are some factoids about myself: I like fencing (swordfighting sport), asian women, the Navy SEALs, candy/snacks, doing pushups, watching football. I'm at college studying communication and gonna try to get my MBA after. I also love puppies, I wanna get a dog so badly. My favorite movies are Lord of the Rings, Hurt Locker, Avengers, Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises, American Psycho, Warrior, Act of Valor, and a few others. I live in the midwest.

What would be a good comic character for me? Preferably someone in Marvel or DC?

I would get into Psylocke on the Marvel side of things although I am not too sure if you would rather get into a male character. Daredevil is another one as well. I would describe both to you, but its best to take a look at them yourself via their profile pages that I linked to this post.

Can't advise on DC but I am sure someone will come along.

:)

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@sillypoo: whats do you like? comedy, action ?, prefer male or female characters?

sillypoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sillypoo

I dont want some hipster character like Psylocke or something I never heard of

I like comedy, action, just fun stuff. people tell me im a very funny guy.

I'm a college student tohugh, I need someone who can motivate me to do well in school. Someone smart (even though most superheroes seem pretty smart b/c they're scientists or something), but also someone who likes to relax and have a good time and have fun. I hope these kind of heroes exist!

I hear this is the best comic book/superhero forum on the internet so that is why i came here

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@sillypoo: action comedy best bets are Deadpool, Spiderman and Ghostbusters by IDW

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@sillypoo said:

I like comedy, action, just fun stuff. people tell me im a very funny guy.

Going by this i'd go for Deadpool or Spider-man.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Aiden Cross

Sounds like you'd like Spider-Man a lot.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twentyfive

@sillypoo: Psylocke is an... Asian chick. There is no real way to pick our favorite characters. Just get a couple of books with some of the most popular Marvel/DC characters, and whichever character's personality, or story/setting resonates with you the most will be your character. For me that was Superman, Spider-Man, and Thor.

Although, I don't have that many Spider-Man books... He is just a great character. Probably the greatest comic character.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmashBrawler

@sillypoo: You should try out stories and characters you're interested in and good stuff people recommend. You never know when you're going to find out your new favorite character. For example you may (or may not) think Aquaman is lame, but I won't stop recommending you his series because it truly is an amazing series that more people should check out.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Blood1991

Lol hipster characters? Captain America is a great character and Brubaker has written some great stories for him.Wonder Woman and Batman are great reads right now too.

@Twentyfive said:

@sillypoo: Psylocke is an... Asian chick. There is no real way to pick our favorite characters. Just get a couple of books with some of the most popular Marvel/DC characters, and whichever character's personality, or story/setting resonates with you the most will be your character. For me that was Superman, Spider-Man, and Thor.

Although, I don't have that many Spider-Man books... He is just a great character. Probably the greatest comic character.

Agreed, as we are introduced to characters we choose our favorites. I'm more a Marvel guy and have read mostly X-Men and Avengers comics. Hawkeye and Storm are my favorites throughout my personal experiences with their characters and my history with comics.

thespeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thespeter

If you're game to pick a female character, you would totally groove on Magik. If not, I'd bet you'd like Deadpool...

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xybernauts

I don't think a character is something someone should suggest to you, it's something you have to chose for yourself. There has to be a character that you are drawn to in some way or another. What encouraged you to start reading comics or what character onscreen attracted you to this site? simply, everyone has a favorite, what's yours and if you don't know then maybe you don't like comics as much as you think (no offense intended).

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#16  Edited By Joygirl

@sillypoo: Read Secret Six.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By tomlikesfries

Dude, read Snyder`s Batman or The Amazing Spider-Man (start with spider island).

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#18  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

If you're wanting a good Cap read get the Brubaker run starting with Winter Soldier. Batman has been brilliant and so has Amazing Spider-Man

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThexX

MARVEL

Captain America, Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier), & Deapool

DC Comics

Batman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, & Team 7

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By ImmortalOne

Batman. Always pick Batman.

tuananhxu99001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tuananhxu99001

fencing, loves dogs and asian women; sounds like Wolverine

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By stumpy49er

Are you planning on dating this character? I don't think anyone needs all your personal info. Just pick a random character that you like and root for him/her/it... whatever. You really don't need strangers on the internet to set you up with a comic book character. Good luck with your search though.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

sillypoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sillypoo

It's come down to a few ppl:

Hulk, Deadpool, Captain America.

I like Hulk a lot because he never takes sh** from anyone and honestly I find humor in his constant destruction and chaos because he is just so extreme.

Would Hulk and Deadpool be a good duo? I feel like Deadpool would make Hulk stronger by pissing Hulk off all the time

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spider-Man

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Jorgevy

Aquaman, always pick Aquaman

And I think Wolverine has some stuff in common with you, so you could try that

Avatar image for rickthunderclees
RickThunderclees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RickThunderclees

@sillypoo: Is this a legit post? xD

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chaos Prime

@tuananhxu99001 said:

fencing, loves dogs and asian women; sounds like Wolverine

sounds like me lol my GF is from the Far East i have 2 dogs & i trained in Kendo many moons ago..

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xybernauts

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: @Strider92: @thespeter: Win!

@sillypoo said:

I like Hulk a lot because he never takes sh** from anyone and honestly I find humor in his constant destruction and chaos because he is just so extreme.

Would Hulk and Deadpool be a good duo? I feel like Deadpool would make Hulk stronger by pissing Hulk off all the time

I think they'd make a good due, if you can make/find a pic small enough for your avatar. Here's one good pic I found online.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool vs. Hulk! Art by Bong Dazo, story by Daniel Way, from DEADPOOL #37. from http://agentmlovestacos.com/post/4985634020/deadpool-vs-hulk-art-by-bong-dazo-story-by

Here are some potential avatars you can use or you can make your own by using the Comic Vine pic editor to crop a pic.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Cap10nate

I would have to recommend Captain America starting with Brubakers run the whole way through the current Winter Soldier series. It has been a great espionage action story. Also reading some of the events may help you find a different favorite character because it brings so many of them together for one story. Civil War is a great one that is pretty well self contained in its own mini series. Secret Invasion is a good story but only if you read most of the tie-in books. They really fill in a lot of the details that the main story leaves out.

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GillaDro

Why don't you try a team book like the Avenger's, or the Justice League, with multiple characters, so that you can get to know which one you like best.