#1 Posted by lcarver2084 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys,

Marvel started putting books bimonthly and this is really hurting my wallet and I'm going to college soon, so I have to cut down on books anyways, so if you all could please help me cut this down. I want to be at about 15 or 17 books. I have also included my thoughts on the book next to the title. Stars indicate titles that I won't cut ever.

1. Deadpool (Fun, Enjoyable, Makes me Smile)

*2. Skullkickers (Fun, Enjoyable, Makes me Laugh, Awesome Action)

3. All New X-Men (Thought Provoking, Makes Uncanny X-Men more full)

*4. TMNT (Tons of Fun, Enjoyable, Crazy Fun)

5. Guardians of the Galaxy (I love the Cosmic Universe, Gaiman is tagging on, No brainer)

*6. Daredevil (No Question, Best Comic on Shelves)

7. Uncanny X-Men (Best X-Men book at the moment)

8. Superior Spiderman (I love this book, very interesting)

*9. Batman (I love this book, Essential, miss the old inker, but still great story)

10. Green Arrow (Great DC Book, Incredible Art)

*11. Indestructible Hulk (One of the books I always love reading)

12. East of West (Great Art and Premise, Totally Love it)

*13. Hawkeye (No Question, Best Comic on Shelves)

14. Ten Grand (Fills my Hellblazer, Pulpy Supernatural Void)

15. Superman Unchained (Best Superman Comic, I love Superman, No Brainer)

16. Batman and Superman (The Art is awesome, Story is interesting, Cross Dimensional Shit)

17. Fatale (Phenomenal Book, Wouldn't actually mind getting trades)

18. Cable and the X-Force (Enjoyable Premise and Team)

19. X-Men Legacy (I love this book, seeing a teenager mutant conquer his own demons, literally)

20. Flash (Enjoyable book, Great Art, Love Barry Allen)

*21. Saga (Incredible Book, Will never give up)

22. Invincible (Gonna Pick up after I catch up wouldn't mind only one Invincible Title)

23. Invincible Universe (Gonna Pick up after I catch up Wouldn't mind only one Invincible Title)

*24. The Wake

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6129 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcarver2084: First off, welcome to Comic Vine!

As for your pull list, I don't read that many of those titles, so I can't help you out much, but there was a front page article on this site a few weeks ago about cutting down a pull list. Here's a link, I hope it helps:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/how-to-deal-with-cutting-your-pull-list/1100-146347/

#3 Edited by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Massive list you got there. I agree with your keepers.

Keep: Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Superman Unchained, Fatale, Flash.

Drop everything else. Keep in mind just because you're dropping something now, doesn't mean you can't come back to it.

#4 Edited by batmannflash (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcarver2084:

Welcome to Comic Vine!

I can't speak for yourself. You're off to a good start, you already have certain titles you won't cut ever. Then choose those that you like but still could be able to drop. It's much easier to think of which titles you won't drop rather than looking for titles you will drop. Separate your starred titles from your non-starred titles. That's 8 titles. Then choose 7-9.

Not counting the ones you have starred,

a) I haven't read Invincible, Invincible Universe, Fatale, East of West, or Ten Grand so I can't talk about those. You said you wouldn't mind one Invincible title so cut, you're probably gonna be forced to cut one of those.

However, out of the ones not starred, I really like: Deadpool, Green Arrow, Flash, Batman & Superman, All New X-men and Superior Spider-Man.

b) Guardians of the Galaxy, Uncanny X-Men, are good but not great.

c) Cable and the X-Force, and X-Men Legacy: I don't like these titles.

Superman Unchained has great promise. I wouldn't drop a title after only one issue.

So if I were you, I would drop the titles from "a" that you don't really like (I haven't read them, so...), "b" and "c." You should manage to get close to your target number of titles. From there, maybe cut a couple more and then you'll reach your goal.

Again, this is my opinion on the titles you have listed. I can't speak for yourself, but this is what I would do. Break it down step by step.

#5 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7569 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcarver2084:

As Mr. Universe (sorry for the pun, I couldn't help myself) said welcome to Comic Vine! :)

And that link helped me allot.

#6 Posted by ColonelRunAway (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible Universe can be skipped. It's not written by Kirkman, and so far isn't nearly as good as Invincible, or necessary for understanding it. Whereas Invincible is a must buy.

I'd say the rest of the list is more subjective.

#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6129 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ccraft (5045 posts) - - Show Bio

You gotta keep TMNT!!!

#9 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

All the ones with a *star* keep and cut the rest. You're Welcome

( + )

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep:

1. Skullkickers
  2. All New X-Men
  3. TMNT
  4. Daredevil
  5. Superior Spider-Man
  6. Batman
  7. Green Arrow
  8. Indestructible Hulk
  9. East of West
  10. Hawkeye
  11. Batman/Superman
  12. Saga
  13. Invincible
  14. The Wake
#11 Posted by sagejonathan (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read much of these, but at first glance I would drop Invincible Universe, Ten Grand, and Cable and the X-Force. Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy too. I read it and it's pretty awesome but not THAT good.

#12 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

Massive list you got there. I agree with your keepers.

Keep: Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Superman Unchained, Fatale, Flash.

Drop everything else. Keep in mind just because you're dropping something now, doesn't mean you can't come back to it.

Good advice, When I went to uni I dropped my list down to three a month, none of which are now what they were when I started, but I stuck to the limit of three. Your going to need the cash and it was rightly pointed out here you can always pick these up at a later date.

#13 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

Cut The Flash

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep:

1. TMNT
  2. Daredevil
  3. Green Arrow
  4. Indestructible Hulk
  5. Hawkeye
  6. Superman Unchained
  7. Batman/Superman
  8. X-Men Legacy