#1 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Tried this before but I'm still spending far too much on books for my liking and I'm terrible at cutting titles. Every week, I say 'one more issue and then I'll decide,' and now I'm into double figures with most of those titles lol, so, would really like your opinions. Would like to start reading some independent stuff, give Batwoman another try, Winter Soldier starts soon, would like to add Uncanny X-Force/ Secret Avengers once I've caught up on the Dark Angel Saga tpbs/ Remender's run starts so really really need to cut this down.
Anyway, here's the books I'm reading;

DC
Swamp Thing (Not cutting these first three in bold, my favourite books of the New 52)
Animal Man

Batman and Robin 
Green Lantern
Batman 
Aquaman 
Catwoman
Teen Titans
Flash
Wonder Woman
Justice League 
Action Comics

-Seriously contemplating cutting the following-

Batgirl
Birds of Prey
Nightwing
Red Lanterns
Detective Comics
Batwing

Marvel 
Uncanny X-Men 
Incredible Hulk
X-Men Legacy
Fantastic Four
X-Factor
Daredevil
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man
Punisher
Venom
Avenging Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man
Black Panther (Ending anyway next month)
Captain America 
Scarlet Spider
Invincible Iron Man
Wolverine (Probably cutting once Aaron's run is done)
Defenders
X-Men
FF (Probably cutting once the War of Four Cities/Galactus stuff is over)

Only other titles I read are American Vampire and Fatale, which I won't be dropping.

#2 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you prefer a certain type of story, or do you like variety? And do like more self-contained stories, or ones that have good crossover potential?

I can't really help you with Marvel though, the only Marvel title I know anything about is Journey into Mystery, which you're not reading...

#3 Posted by Avalonia (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee said:

Tried this before but I'm still spending far too much on books for my liking and I'm terrible at cutting titles. Every week, I say 'one more issue and then I'll decide,' and now I'm into double figures with most of those titles lol, so, would really like your opinions. Would like to start reading some independent stuff, give Batwoman another try, Winter Soldier starts soon, would like to add Uncanny X-Force/ Secret Avengers once I've caught up on the Dark Angel Saga tpbs/ Remender's run starts so really really need to cut this down.

DC
Swamp Thing (Not cutting these first three in bold, my favourite books of the New 52)
Animal Man

Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
Batman
Aquaman
Catwoman
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Action Comics

Batgirl
Birds of Prey
Nightwing
Batwing

Marvel
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men Legacy
X-Factor
Daredevil
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man or Avenging (you don't need both)
Ultimate Spider-Man
Captain America
Scarlet Spider
Invincible Iron Man

Only other titles I read are American Vampire and Fatale, which I won't be dropping.

Keep these.

#4 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan: Well I was always a superhero/Marvel kid but my favourite books at the moment are Swamp Thing and Animal Man. Really like Fatale and American Vampire too so I guess I'm into horror titles? Think they're horror, not very good with comic genres. I like variety but at the same time I'm reading 6 X books and 8 Bat books. Not sure how helpful that is lol.
#5 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee:Heh, no worries.

For DC...keeping in mind what I feel you like, cut Batgirl, Red Lanterns, Nightwing, and Detective. I don't think Justice League is that great, though it should get better when the current 'flashback' arc is over...

In April, there are 6 new DC titles coming, 2 of which may be of interest to you. One is Dial H, because it's being written by a well-known author of horror/fantasy/'weird fiction' novels, China Mieville, and it's artist has done work on American Vampire. The other is Ravagers, because...it sounds exactly like Teen Titans.

#6 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan: Yeah Dial H is probably the one I'm most looking forward to out of the six, just because it's such an unknown quantity. Ravagers will depend on the roster for me.
#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally would cut these:

Catwoman

Teen Titans

Batgirl

Red Lanterns

X-Men Legacy

Avenging Spider-Man

#8 Edited by ThexX (1559 posts) - - Show Bio

DC

Animal Man

Batman and Robin

Green Lantern

Batman

Aquaman

Teen Titans

Flash

Wonder Woman

Justice League

Action Comics

Nightwing

From DC you should add Red Hood and The Outlaws & Deathstroke

Marvel

Uncanny X-Men

Incredible Hulk

Daredevil

Wolverine and the X-Men

Punisher

Venom

Ultimate Spider-Man

Captain America

From marvel you should add Uncanny X-Force, The Ultimates, & The Winter Soldier (comes out in February)

Keep These

#9 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright Red Lanterns is definitely gone, still not sure on the rest

#10 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

For DC. finish all the books up to logical where the first trade books will end. for marvel cut Uncanny X-Men X-Men Legacy X-Factor Amazing Spider-Man Punisher Venom Invincible Iron Man Wolverine ( once Aaron's run is done) Defenders X-Men

#11 Posted by fps_dean (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Catwoman

Teen Titans

Batgirl

Red Lanterns

X-Men Legacy

Avenging Spider-Man

I'd probably stick it out on Batgirl, just because I'm a Gail Simone fan, but yeah I pretty much agree with you.

#12 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio
@fps_dean said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Catwoman

Teen Titans

Batgirl

Red Lanterns

X-Men Legacy

Avenging Spider-Man

I'd probably stick it out on Batgirl, just because I'm a Gail Simone fan, but yeah I pretty much agree with you.

I really enjoyed it at first and couldn't understand all the criticism but I've found these last few issues to be pretty mediocre.
#13 Posted by Owie (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

I would keep these

Batman

Wonder Woman

Daredevil

Amazing Spider-Man

Punisher

Venom

Ultimate Spider-Man

Black Panther (Ending anyway next month) (I'm putting this on my "cut" list for the same reason)

FF (Probably cutting once the War of Four Cities/Galactus stuff is over)--I am too

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee said:

DC )
Swamp Thing (Not cutting these first three in bold, my favourite books of the New 52
Animal Man

Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
Batman
Aquaman
Catwoman
Teen Titans
Flash
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Action Comics

-Seriously contemplating cutting the following-

Batgirl
Birds of Prey
Nightwing
Red Lanterns
Detective Comics
Batwing

Marvel
Uncanny X-Men
Incredible Hulk
X-Men Legacy
Fantastic Four
X-Factor
Daredevil
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man
Punisher
Venom
Avenging Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man
Captain America
Scarlet Spider
Invincible Iron Man
Defenders
X-Men
FF (Probably cutting once the War of Four Cities/Galactus stuff is over)

Cut all bold

#15 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were you this is what I would drop. By the Way Swamp Thing is my favorite tied with Teen Titans and Red Hood

Green Lantern (Drop)

Catwoman (drop)

Batgirl (I Dropped after the 4th issue but that was because of a budget, I actually liked this unlike most)

Birds of Prey (Drop)

Red Lanterns (get in trades)

Detective Comics (You have Batman which is way better)

Batwing (drop)

Marvel

X-Men Legacy

X-Factor (I would drop this and get X-Force!!!)

Wolverine and the X-Men (Disappointed)

Ultimate Spider-Man (HAHA Not a big fan of the new Ultimate stuff)

FF (You have Fantastic Four)