• 78 results
#1 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Much similar to the other thread I made, this is about the DC Universe. I've been doing some casting, and I need your help!

Justice League

Teen Titans/Young Justice

Superman Characters/Villains

Batman Characters/Villains

Green Lantern Characters/Villains

Flash Characters/Villains

Other Characters/Villains

As you can see, I've casted the majority of the main heroes and villains of the DCU, but there's a lot that remains untouched. Help me finish! Suggest some actors, contribute more characters, and try to fill in the blanks. This is a fan cast, made by fans.

#2 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

*cough* you're missing a very important person in the Teen Titans category: Rose Wilson! Come on, she was on the team for quite a good amount of time.

As for who I'd cast: Teresa Palmer, provided she could mask her very Australian accent. And, you know, bleach her hair white.

#3 Posted by Fudgie29 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

shouldn't the lady who played Bellatrix in Harry Potter play Harley Quinn? I think that'd be a better fit.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: Thank you and added. Sorry, I don't really know much about the Titans other than whatever was in the TV show -_-

@Fudgie29: She'd be great if she wasn't so old. 46 is a lot older than what I'm aiming for.

#5 Edited by BumpyBoo (7630 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fudgie29 said:

shouldn't the lady who played Bellatrix in Harry Potter play Harley Quinn? I think that'd be a better fit.

Helena Bonham Carter. She would have been SWEET

EDIT (Also she's in Fight Club)

#6 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Helena Bonham Carter has been in a lot of movies. Alice in Wonderland, Sweeny Todd, Fight Club, Planet of the Apes, Harry Potter, and the upcoming Les Mis.

#7 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd - Jensen Ackles

Terra - Sienna Guillory

#8 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Bomer - Nightwing

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Added and added. Thanks for the nice suggestions!

@Krissyjump: Very nice choice. He's in.

@Fudgie29: @BumpyBoo: @Strafe Prower: Tell ya what: if you can give me a good Joker to go with Helena Bonham Carter as Harley, I'll gladly change it :)

#10 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Added and added. Thanks for the nice suggestions!

@Krissyjump: Very nice choice. He's in.

@Fudgie29: @BumpyBoo: @Strafe Prower: Tell ya what: if you can give me a good Joker to go with Helena Bonham Carter as Harley, I'll gladly change it :)

For Joker

Doug Jones

Or Alan Tudyk

As much as I like Helena Bonham Carter for Harley, I feel she's too old for the role now. I think your pick, Zooey Deschanel, would be perfect for the role though now.

Wonder Woman - The only person I can think of really would be Cobie Smulders.

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

^Great picks for Joker! Does Doug Jones have the acting chops, though? He has the perfect build, but I'm overall unfamiliar with his acting resume. I feel the same way about Harley. She should be at least in her 20's. Originally I was going to put Smulders in for WW, but I wasn't 100% sure she could pull it off

#12 Posted by BumpyBoo (7630 posts) - - Show Bio

You're right, ten years ago she would have been great but Harley is a young character. My personal choice for Harley will always be Pauley Perette :)

She may also be a bit old for that particular role now, but when she was younger.....damn.

#13 Posted by danhimself (22223 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the actors and actresses picked for the Teen Titans/Young Justice characters are WAY to old

and

@Gambit1024 said:

NO!

#14 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

^Great picks for Joker! Does Doug Jones have the acting chops, though? He has the perfect build, but I'm overall unfamiliar with his acting resume. I feel the same way about Harley. She should be at least in her 20's. Originally I was going to put Smulders in for WW, but I wasn't 100% sure she could pull it off

Doug Jones definitely has the acting chops. He's a very fun and diverse actor and does a great job crafting the performances of the characters he plays.

On Cobie...I wasn't to sure she could pull it off either, but Joss Whedon was going to cast her in his Wonder Woman (before it got canned) and his casting choices are practically always spot on so I trust him for that. I also think Jodi Lyn O'Keefe would be my other choice for her, but she can sometimes be too.. fierce almost in a way that I wouldn't normally attribute to the character.

#15 Posted by wildvine (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

Ron Pearlman as Deathstroke is spot on. Maybe Bruce Campbell as Captain Cold.

#16 Posted by Immortal777 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

How about an actual Martial Artist plays Batman or at least let a martial artist do the fight scenes someone like

Scott Adkins

#17 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Krissyjump: I'll definitely put Jones on for Joker. That really is a great call. On WW, I will go with the original choice of Cobie Smulders, but onely because Whedon thinks it's ok, and that I'm more familiar with her background.

@danhimself: I agree about the Titans/YJ. If you have anything better, let me hear it. This thread's purpose is to help build a cast that a majority of fans can agree on.

@BumpyBoo: She absolutely looks the part, no doubt about that, but still a bit too old. Great choice, though. A strong runner up :)

@wildvine: See, originally I felt that at a first glance, people would dismiss my pick for Deathstroke, but in my opinion, he is the best and only guy in Hollywood today that can pull it off. Glad we agree :) For Captain Cold, I was going to go for a more "serious" approach with him (originally I had Paul Giamatti), but if it were between my choice and yours, I'll give it to Campbell.

@Immortal777: While I think the martial arts element to Batman is no doubt important, I need a guy who can convincingly play Batman's mental state with ease. Fassbender's performance in Shame is exactly the kind of sympathetic obsession that Batman should have on film, hence why I chose him. Atkins, now that you mention him, is my pick for Deadpool if Ryan Reynolds wasn't available.

Excellent feedback on this, btw. Too bad the Marvel one I made isn't as helpful...

Any ideas for Wally West or replacements for the majority of the Young Justice category?

#18 Posted by Immortal777 (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I'm not saying he has to act only that they should use a martial artist for the fight scenes because every single Batman we've had cant fight for sh!t.

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: Fair enough. I kind of agree with that last part too. Nothing he did in TDKR was impressive in that regard, he didn't do anything like that in TDK, and he was much more stealthy in Begins. The other movies.. well, they didn't do much of that at all.

#20 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Emily Browning or Reese Witherspoon for Harley Quinn. As for Ivy, I'd say Serinda Swan. I think Wes Bentley would make a great Jason Todd. Bruce Willis is too goody, goody to pull of Lex. I'd say...Brian Cox, perhaps? Gaius Charles as Cyborg and Browning as Raven are spot on though...:-) Love Javier Bardem as Bane too.

#21 Posted by wildvine (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

Don Cheadle, Mr Terrific.

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: Browning is a bit too "cutsie" and Witherspoon is too old. I'm going for a more "this girl is Joker crazy and will f*cking murder you" take on Harley. The fact that Dechanel can do that (or at least she looks like she could) and that spaciness to her are the reasons why I picked her.

I've never seen Swan act, and the only reason I pick Hendricks is that her character on Mad Men is exactly the kind of attitude I'd want Ivy to have in a movie. She's definitely pretty and looks the part, though.

I do like Wes Bentley for Jason. I'll switch him up.

Brian Cox is way too old. Luthor is a goody, goody character, though. Willis not only looks the part, but I know he has it in him to play a great villain. Believe it or not, my other choice for him was Robert Downey Jr.

Thanks for the suggestions and contributions :)

@wildvine: I like it. Done.

#23 Edited by confirukia (219 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Ken Watanabe as Sinestro and Miranda Cosgrove as Starfire?

#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@confirukia: Done

#26 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cobie would be a perfect Wonder Woman. Shes really attractive and shes actually looks like she would be Wonder Woman in real life and I personally think shes a good actor.

#27 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman should be played by adrianne palicki

how about jaleel white [urkel] as aqualad?

talia can be played by julie gonzalo [dallas]

miss martian is larissa oleynik [secret world of alex mack, mad men]

#28 Posted by SNascimento (438 posts) - - Show Bio

Gemma Arterton for me is almost perfect for Wonder Woman, she is just not very tall (1,70m).

#29 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@SNascimento said:

Gemma Arterton for me is almost perfect for Wonder Woman, she is just not very tall (1,70m).

Co-sign. Don't particularly care for Cobie Smulders - she just doesn't seem like WW. Gemma Arterton on the other hand, just evokes confidence.

I nominate Jamie Foxx for Black Lightning

If he can lose the beard and go bald, I think he can pull it off. Foxx has already shown some pretty impressive acting chops in Django and Ray, plus he's already playing Electro so yeah!

#30 Posted by Loki9876 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fudgie29 said:

Helena Bonham Carter

#31 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

So...Ken Watanabe as Sinestro and Miranda Cosgrove as Starfire and Tiny Lister as Arkillo? What do you think of those?

#32 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

For Zatanna, Serinda Swan did an excellent job as her in Smallville.

Zatanna in Smallville
#33 Edited by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny Lee Miller (Trainspotting Elementary) as John Constntine....

#34 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The list is updated-

@SNascimento: Added. I think she's perfect as well.

@Veshark: Added. Great choice.

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: Starfire and Akrillo have been added.

@Fallen_Crippled: Added.

@judasnixon: Great choice. Added.

#35 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12423 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carry as Jack Ryder/The Creeper

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12423 posts) - - Show Bio

Never mind, he's too old..

#37 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Seth Green (Robot Chicken, Austen Powers) as Jimmy Olsen.....

#38 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Rose Mcgowen (Planet Terror, Charmed) as Giganta.....

#39 Posted by Bruxae (12271 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Jennifer Connelly as Ursa?

#40 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Star Trek) as Gorilla Grodd......

#41 Edited by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben Kingsley (Iron Man 3, Sexy Beast) as Ares God of War......... 

#42 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Wes Bentley as Jason Todd? 0_0

#43 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Noomi Rapace (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Prometheus) as Talia Al Ghul.....

#44 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Andy Serkis (The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings) as Larfleeze.......

#45 Posted by Nightwing_1234 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

ian somerhalder as nightwing definitely

#46 Posted by Sharkbite (291 posts) - - Show Bio

After long deliberation with many of my mates, we all are in agreement.

Gerard Butler for Superman. He's physically fit enough for the role, he has the commanding presense for it, but he also does the nice-guy smiley stuff like in that Bounty Hunter movie with Jennifer Anistan. Too many Superman actors are either too scrawny or too dark.

Jason Statham for Batman in the Justice League setting. Statham would be a terrible Bruce Wayne, but Statham makes for the perfect Batman. Looking at his face from the nose down, he has that somewhat haggard complexion, like he's still young but his body is aging hard. His voice is naturally low and rough, rather than the horrid Christian Bale style phlemn-Batman. He is capable of the fast paced, hard hitting Batman style stunts and combat. Basically, if you're not going to emphasize the suit-and-tie refined lifestyle of Bruce Wayne, then Statham seems like the perfect pick, so while I wouldn't use him for a Batman movie, I definately would for a Justice League flick.

Ali Larter as Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman cannot be the traditional Hollywood pretty girl. Basically, we need a younger version of Xena or Chyna (also one that hasn't been running around nude for the past few years). Ali Larter in that Heroes/Resident Evil capacity seems fully capable of helming Wonder Woman.

Alternatively, if some creative liberties were going to be taken, I could actually handle seeing all of the Amazons including Wonder Woman portrayed as something more ethnic to emphasize that they are not from our modern blended world. Probably Hispanic, or perhaps something with more of an Asian heritage, the Amazons could be made to appear exotic in contrast to "normal folk", and Wonder Woman could be someone like Michelle Rodriguez or Lucy Lui. Being as Wonder Woman is actually Amazon in decent, she's no more caucasion than she is any other particular race, so there's actually plenty of flex room there without breaking cannon.

#47 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated.

#48 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gabourey Sidibe (Precious, The Big C) as Amanda Waller........

#49 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

Michelle Rodriguez (Lost, S.W.A.T.) as Renee Montoya.....

#50 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Djimon Hounsou as Deadman?