Help Finding A Comic Book

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Hawk

I'm missing this issue. Anyone no where I can get it......btw I don't want the trade

lolidude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By lolidude

Just google it, it's everywhere!

Fozzibab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Fozzibab

Alright so Wikipedia, Comic Vine and Google have failed me so I'm just gonna ask it right here.

There was a comic series back in the 1999-2001 era or therabouts about a kid that was turned into a Vampire and subsequently gained pyrokinetic abilities. Turned out he was some kind of special guy, very powerful, and he was brought around just in time to fight a cataclysmic battle with the mother of all Vampires, Lilith, whom was working with a giant 3 headed dragon to bring about the end of the human world via a dragon invasion. Fortunately there was a Black kid in the mix who turned out to be a reincarnation of Sir Galahad or something, who was an expert at killing dragons...does this ring a bell with anyone? I cannot for the god damn life of me remember the name of this series, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. It has been driving me insane.

Help!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#54  Edited By xerox_kitty
@lolidude: Are you sure it has been translated from the French?

@Hawk: The best thing I suggest is a daily 'Magneto' search on eBay.  If you find a cheap copy, then check out that seller's other items to see if there are a couple other issues you might want to help justify the cost of postage.

@Fozzibab: That is definitely Crimson!  And you mean Saint George (hence all the dragons ;)  You should still be able to pick this up in collected/trade paperbacks from Amazon.
Fozzibab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Fozzibab
@xerox-kitty: Awesome.  I knew it must have had something to do with blood or the color red.

THANKS!
lolidude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By lolidude
@xerox-kitty: Yes, i talked to someone who had the norwegian version, and i quote wikipedia: "

At least three albums have been published in English so far:

• Simon of the River 1 - Clan of Centaurs
  • Simon of the River 2 - Slaves
  • Simon of the River 3 - Mailis"
PM2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PM2K

Help finding notorious 1950s comic story...

(Earlier, I posted this in the worng section... a thousand pardons...)

Hello!

PM2K here. I just joined up and am looking forward to taking part Ionce I feel my way around a bit. Hopefully I;m not out of line asking this, but this has been driving me crazy for a couple of years and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm hoping to get some direction on locating a story which was specifically featured during the notorious comic book hearings of the 1950s which helped gut the industry and finished off EC.

In the transcripts of the hearings from 1954, several stories with art were used to demonstrate why the industry needed to be clamped down on. Naturally, I'm now obsessed with finding these and judging for myself.

The story in question is named "Stick in the Mud" from Story Comic's Fight Against Crime series. It involves an evil school teacher who makes life hell for her class except one boy. She is nice to him so she can marry his wealthy father, who's a rancher.

Later, she ends up murdering the poor fellow and tossed his body in the bull pen so it can look like an accident.  Later, the son leads the evil teacher into quicksand and forces a confession out of her, then leaves her to sink.

Any and all help in guiding me to this story would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

Avatar image for celestialheroin
celestialheroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By celestialheroin

anybody know a good place to get spawn comics,preferbaly like sets or volumes and no ebay

Jesse Gunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jesse Gunn

Hello, I hope you can help.  I'm recently getting back into collecting comics.  I used to when I was a kid and I remember my favorite comic back then was an issue of The Avengers.  I remember it involved a battle underground against a large beast or monster and something about immortals or eternals that were turned to stone.  I don't know what issue it is, but I'm looking to re-buy it for sentimental reasons.  Can anyone help?

Jesse Gunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jesse Gunn

Found it, and my description was a little off.  It was Avengers 307

tronacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tronacus

Hello,
I am just getting in to comic collecting and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good series to start with. I have always been a fan of Clint Barton (Hawkeye/Ronin) and Iceman. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BabyChooChoo

What X-Men series are these pictures from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Psylocke-20050603013519041.jpg

http://stars.ign.com/dor/objects/919952/storm_marvel/images/storm-20060626053828471.html

I've been reading manga for years, but I'm a newbie when it comes to comic books. I was going to pass getting into an X-men series for a while, but after I saw these I figured I mihgt actually check have to check em out. Also, I assume I'm right in thinking each picture is from a different series lol?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

What are good DC comics

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TazzMission

im just starting the green lantern series ( havent read darkest night yet) but what should i read to know about the darkest night storyline? people say rebirth others say sinestro war
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Psyker star

Any body know if the new Power girl and flash comics are any good

Avatar image for bloodstonefreak
Bloodstonefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Bloodstonefreak

If I were at home with my comic collection I probably would be able to answer these myself, but I'm up at college and don't access to my issues.  Anyways...I have two questons... 

1)  I'm looking for a 3 issue mini-series of an Archie Comics (i think...) published comic based on a superhero group of animals.  It came out in the early to mid 90s I think.  If I remember correctly (and it has been a while) they are all, if not some are, armadillos. 

2)  There's a new Marvel character that after a killing he did years ago got cursed and became immortal.  I can't for the life of me remember where he appeared or what his name is. 

I'd appreciate any help I can get!  Thanks!

Birdy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Birdy13

You guys have all the original covers for several The Crow issues from the 90s...but nothing else. Are they difficult to get?
HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#68  Edited By HaloKing343

I do a lot on Amazon.com

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By avengpymhawk

I go to" My comicbookshop.com" They have great deals for back issues. As for local Emerald City in Seminole, Fl.
comicace1395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By comicace1395

I don't get to the comic store that often and I want to know about any new series that I should start reading from the beginning.
Avatar image for justaboutcomics
JustAboutComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JustAboutComics
@comicace1395:
Do you have any new series in particular you're looking at trying?  There are quiet a few out there, but without knowing what genre you're into its hard to recommend anything.  If you're into superhero books, I'd recommend "Adventure Comics" at DC.  There are only two issues out right now.  If you're into fantasy adventure I'd recommend "Soulfire" from Aspen MLT.  The second volume just started this week with #0.  The previous volume had 10 issues,  

So, what do you like?
comicace1395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By comicace1395
@JustAboutComics:
thanks. I'm mainly into Marvel and DC. I'll try Adventure Comics.
Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Blackestnight1

Do you know what is up with Secret Invasion Chronicles 6? It hasn't come out anywhere I look. Any news?

Avatar image for comic_extremist
Comic Extremist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Comic Extremist

I had a good experience shopping at Comic MegaStore.  They are a new online comic store that is currently open for business, but they are still updating their inventory online.  The inventory is growing every day and the comics I purchased were graded very accurately and priced reasonably.  Plus they are having a very very generous grand opening sale during the whole month of October.  It might be worth taking a look at. 

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Blackestnight1

I'll try that thanks. I usually use Midtown comics (cause I live on the East Coast) or comic kings, or atlas comics. But ill try comic megastore.  I am wondering if SIC #6 even came out.

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SilverGalford

are there free comic pages ? downloadables    ?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By xerox_kitty
@SilverGalford: Not really.  Marvel offer free comics on a Monday, but it's with their digital comic book reader.  I don't believe it's for download.  Downloads are a tricky area because of piracy and the legality of copyright issues... which is why it is against the rules of ComicVine to post any.
drewscruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#78  Edited By drewscruff

Hi guys. 

I am working on a comic book collectors aid for my major project at university. 
i was wondering if there are any things you consider the most problematic when searching for back issues? 

best wishes 

drew

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By xerox_kitty
@drewscruff said:
"Hi guys.  I am working on a comic book collectors aid for my major project at university. i was wondering if there are any things you consider the most problematic when searching for back issues?  best wishes  drew "

If you post this as a new subject/thread, then you might have some more luck.  This thread isn't really appropriate for your query :)
Avatar image for specialagentbutler
specialagentbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. I've been trying to find this book for years(since about 1987), but can't. I think it would be considered Fantasy(Heavy Metal-ish type story)I don't have a title or artist so I'm kinda lost. It looked like it could have been drawn by "Milo" Manara or some Heavy Metal type artist. It had a nude "Manara-ish" girl on the cover w/ a green jungle or forest background. It was bigger than a normal comicbook(maybe record album size???), in a plastic bag, and I think it had a cassette tape with it. This was very odd and I don't know if it was an audio narration of the story or if it was music or what. Does anyone remember seeing anything like this??? I wanna say it was The Adventures of insert girl's name here (Gwen, Kathy or Wendy or something like that)...not the Gwendoline bondage book by John Willie, but a fantasy book kinda like something Frank Thorne would have done...you know Ghita of Alizarr. I know my description is a bit vague...it was a long shot! Thanks!;p        

drewscruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#81  Edited By drewscruff
@xerox-kitty: ok cheers! will do!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm low on cash and need to figure out which comic to not get for awhile.... 
(In order of favorite.) 
1.Merc With a Mouth  
2. Red Robin 
3.Blackest Night 
4. Batman and Robin 
5. Dark Avengers

negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By negamegas
kore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kore
@negamegas: I would say in the neighborhood of Incredible Hulk 410-420
burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By burr787
@reaper2923 said:
" I'm low on cash and need to figure out which comic to not get for awhile.... (In order of favorite.) 1.Merc With a Mouth  2. Red Robin 3.Blackest Night 4. Batman and Robin 5. Dark Avengers "
I would drop Red Robin if it were me. Right now Tim is focusing on the League of Assassins so I doubt he's going to get a clue on Bruce's whereabouts anytime soon. But I don't know, it's up to you.
negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By negamegas
goldiegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By goldiegs

hi people, was wondering if anyone can help me, i used 2 hav a judge dredd comic with a biker babe gang, cant remember which one it was, can anyone tell me?

goldiegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By goldiegs

hi, does anyone kno the 2000ad issue where the female rogue trooper appears topless?

DragoKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DragoKnight

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/654553-lara_and_santa_super.jpg
Did this actually happen?
If so, when?
Please :D

Abjekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Abjekt

I'm getting back into comics again after a few years out and was wondering if the majority of you think it's worth picking up any or all of the following:

Hulk  [I'm intrigued by all this Red Hulk stuff and I've never picked up a Hulk line before]
Beasts Of Burden
Chew
Azrael
Unknown Soldier

Also if there are any other good titles that have recent good jumping-on points, let me know. Definitely down to check loads of stuff out.

Cheers!

mc8119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mc8119

Hello.  I'm hoping this is the right forum to ask this question... (I'm new).  Anyway, I'm looking for a comic series from the late 90's or maybe early 00's... I don't remember much about it, but I just remember it was about a family of deformed people who lived (I think?) in the sewer.  I remember there was a really fat character that was all fat rolls and whatnot.  Think of The Oblongs, but more serious, and gritty/gross.  If you can help at all, that would be great.  (I'm looking for the title or any info at all.)

mc8119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By mc8119
@Portrait: 
I looked up The Underworld series from the late 90's.  That's definitely not what I'm looking for.  Thank you for trying though.  The comic I'm looking for was very... like... PG-13, maybe a light R style to it.  It was definitely for older teens or adults.
Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#95  Edited By Mbecks14
@likalaruku said:
" You know Marvel Zombies? Does DC have an equivelent of that? I wanna see a Zombie Batman! "
blackest night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking to get into JSA any suggestions on were to start?

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By cracks

What is the name of the comic book in which Mr. Sinister and Exodus work together?

Also, how much does AOA cost in total? Is it really a volume of four? 

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98  Edited By burr787
@reaper2923 said:
" I'm looking to get into JSA any suggestions on were to start? "
I would start at the beginning of there current series, it's an excellent series.

JSA #1
 JSA #1
But if you want to get into the current story as soon as possible then I would start with #29.
garbonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By garbonzo

It has been years since i have read comic books but looking to get back into it.

I used to read the standards- spiderman, xmen, batman, spawn, savage dragon etc but after viewing comic vine for a while other non-superhero comics also look interesting like chew for example

What would you suggest I start to get into, a mixture of both superhero and non-superhero would be great

Unfortunately  being in Canada, comics are more expensive, and my money I can put aside for this comics is limited at most 10-20 a week (incld tax which is 15% here , bloody taxes)

Kynikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Kynikos
@garbonzo said:

" It has been years since i have read comic books but looking to get back into it.  I used to read the standards- spiderman, xmen, batman, spawn, savage dragon etc but after viewing comic vine for a while other non-superhero comics also look interesting like chew for example What would you suggest I start to get into, a mixture of both superhero and non-superhero would be great  Unfortunately  being in Canada, comics are more expensive, and my money I can put aside for this comics is limited at most 10-20 a week (incld tax which is 15% here , bloody taxes) "

Good comics you can look into: 

Superhero: The Batman comics by Grant Morrison, almost anything with Deadpool, The Authority comics, Mike Mignola's Hellboy is pretty Badass, that's all I got for this one. 

non-Superheroes (my specialty): Garth Ennis's Preacher, Chronicles of Wormwood, or The Boys, 
Mark Millar's Wanted or Kick-ass, 
Frank Miller's Sin City series. 
Warren Ellis's Transmetropolitan or Fell, 
Grant Morrison's The Invisibles or The Filth,  
Anthony Johnston's Wasteland,  
Neil Gainman's The Sandman,  
Mike Carey's Lucifer. 

with the exception of The Authority and the Batman series by Morrison, I have read every one of the comics mentioned and will stand by them as quality liturature.