Avatar image for lemonfreshsmurf
lemonfreshsmurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi everyone, new guy here.

Decided to test the water with some comics but as a bit of a completionist and a little bit of an organisation freak I like to start at the begining. I know that cross overs are pretty common and characters get rebooted etc but I want to start at the very beginning with a few characters. I'm focussing mainly on some of the Marvel comics for the moment, although I do like the DC side of things as well.

After a little bit of research I came across the Marvel Essentials range, I was wondering if you guys could advise me on these. Are these the original comics from way back when collected together and are they a good place to start? I'm thinking I want to get involved in the individual characters worlds before I worry about cross overs and all that.

Mainly interested in Hulk, Iron Man and Thor at the moment. :)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Funkydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi all. I don't know whether this is the section or not to be asking, but is the closest forum topic to it I can find. I've recently purchased 'Batman: City of Owls Volume 2' and have noticed that it is missing several pages from Batman #8. I was wondering whether anyone else had purchased the same book and had found a similar thing or whether mine is just faulty and in need of returning.
Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504 the_red_viper  Moderator

Hi all. I don't know whether this is the section or not to be asking, but is the closest forum topic to it I can find. I've recently purchased 'Batman: City of Owls Volume 2' and have noticed that it is missing several pages from Batman #8. I was wondering whether anyone else had purchased the same book and had found a similar thing or whether mine is just faulty and in need of returning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

What pages are you missing?

theodixon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#505  Edited By theodixon9
FyndIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you need help tracking down comics, there is a new site www.fyndit.com that can help! Post the comic you are looking for in the Want section and a community of people will help you find it. It saves you time because you don't have to proactively look for your item every day. Someone else is out there looking for it online or in a store for you.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon!

Avatar image for princesskoriandr5060
PrincessKoriandr5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know where I can get "Titans (2008 Series) Issues 1-16"? I've called my local comic stories, but they either don't have them, can't find them, or only have one. I'm trying to find a place online to buy them. I don't really know where to look, but help would be amazingly great.

Thank you.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#509  Edited By Billy Batson

Anyone know where I can get "Titans (2008 Series) Issues 1-16"? I've called my local comic stories, but they either don't have them, can't find them, or only have one. I'm trying to find a place online to buy them. I don't really know where to look, but help would be amazingly great.

Thank you.

Try mycomicshop.

BB

jmargolis19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man:

Hi,

I have just started reading (1 month) and have so far read Civil War, Avengers vs X-Men, Justice League - New 52 - Volume 1, Batman Year One.

Where should I go from here?

I like all the events (Marvel Zombies and Avengers vs X-Men) but am interested in following New 52 and Marvel Now as well...

Riding Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#511  Edited By Riding Ghost

There's a comic I've been looking for for years...it was, iirc, a horror anthology. Unknown publisher, 70s or 80s, I would say DC but the story seemed a bit mature or my memory is making things up as I get older...anyhoo..the story roughly dealt with a group of boys who were teasing another (red headed?) boy on maybe a school trip and the loner boy found or bought a small finger guillotine and tricked one or all of the other boys into using it. It may or may not have had some type of "royal blood" subplot. Like is said it's been about 30 years since I read the story so I may be fudging some of the details. All I recall for sure is that the story revolved around the finger guillotine. Anyone know of any such story?

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda just started reading can anyone tell me some good origin comics or beginnings (like the start of new 52) or something like one of the crossover thanks in advance

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

kinda just started reading can anyone tell me some good origin comics or beginnings (like the start of new 52) or something like one of the crossover thanks in advance

Batman currently has "Zero Year" going on right now which is his new origin story. DC also released "Zero Issues" (Issues numbered #0) which told condensed origin stories for each character with a series. Action Comics # 1 - 18 (I believe ends on 18) tells Superman's revised origin by Grant Morrison.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedDeadJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to ebay:P

I just bought Batman #497 on ebay not to long ago

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

Hi.

I'm trying to get my friend into comics but he only wants to buy the digital comics, what digital comics do you recommend?

Xanthos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

Hi.

I'm trying to get my friend into comics but he only wants to buy the digital comics, what digital comics do you recommend?

your friend can go to comixology.com

I can recommend:

Walking Dead

East of West

Kickass

Girls (is one sick book)

The New Ultimate Spiderman book coming out (if he likes Spiderman),

------------------------

Two questions:

Is there a way to find each English language book Cloak & Dagger (Ultimate Marvel) appears in easily, and who is Miles Kissing in this picture: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/0/6063/3755706-miles_morales_1_preview_1.jpg

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@xanthos: Thanks i'll let him know when i next see him.

terrydafox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello there, new guy. I got really into the game 'The Wolf Among Us' when I found out there was actually comics.....Now I read Issues 1-19. But for the life of me I can't find issue 20 and on. I read the first 19 for free so if someone knows where I can read more for free that would be awesome. But if not, then someplace cheap. Condition doesnt really matter.

RetroChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am thinking of starting to read both Green Arrow and one X-Men series, however I have questions:

1) What is a good jumping-on point for Green Arrow? The start of the latest arc maybe?

2) What X-Men series should I read?

3) What is a good jumping on point for that series?

Thanks.

margaret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521  Edited By margaret

I like <a href="https://www.g-mart.com/">G-Mart</a>

Staff over there is not bothering me:-)

Cactuspunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I need help finding a comic that I read online, and am not sure if it was a web comic, or just a teaser for a syndicated comic, but eather way, I am sure someone here can help.

Ok, so here is what I remember. This was a very dark and gritty looking comic, the look of it reminded me of Nineties action comic. Lots of impossibly muscular men and tons of violence, the kind where every injury look life threatening with the amount of blood coming out of it . Everyone has that hard, bad ass look to them and the city they were in was a crap hole. I assume it was a superhero comic, but I cant say for sure.

The only guy I remember in the comic is someone who I will tentatively "mantis". I don't know if that was his name, but whatever. He was green, I think, and had a ugly face, sort of like one of the demon from spawn. Think I remember the most about him is that he got in to a dramatic fight and was injured, and his weapons. They were ether giant blades or claws and they were as big as his arms, perhaps bigger. They were attached to his arms, at about the wrist area, and they snapped forward when he went in to battle.

If this description matches anything you can think of, please let me know. Thanks!

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@likalaruku: DC did publish a mini-series titled: Blackest Night.

It's where Black Hand, leader of the Black Lantern Corps turns a bunch of dead DC heroes and villains including Batman into zombies and it's up to Hal Jordan, The Flash, and the Green Lantern Corps to stop Black Hand.

spidex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I live in mumbai, so anyone know where i can get them? I go to second hand bookstores, get really good ones there if i am lucky, or buy graphic novels online. If i want the latest first prints i have to get them from usa, and thats hard to do regularly. Any help?

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Can someone help me find a story?

Cyclops & Jean go in to the future and find Cable when he was a boy. I cant remember if they raise him or just befriend him.

I had the story in the British re-prints but when I left, my mum threw them out. I loved the story when i was a kid and I'd like to read it again. (Even though these things rarely hold up)

Thank you.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hello. I am trying to find the first comic book that I ever read when I was young but cannot seem to find it based on my recollection since I read it probably 20 years ago and didn't start reading a lot until a few years back.

The book I am looking for is a Captain America book. Based off the rest of the books in my dad's collection that it was in, I would say that it was published between 1970 and 1975. All that I remember is that he is either bitten or infected with something and is starting to change.

I'm sorry that I don't have more to go on but it's been 20 yrs since I've seen this. I've been searching for it because it made Cap my favorite character whenever I was 6 that has stayed that way ever since.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#527  Edited By Strider1992

This has been driving me up the wall. The comic is a new series started by an alternate company. I have a feeling it was Image. About humans becoming infected with some red substance or something to that effect. The thing that annoys me most is that it got a mention in the "This Weeks Essential Comics" article once maybe a few weeks ago and I can't for the life of me find the one its in.

Peer124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528  Edited By Peer124

Dear comicvine-community,

just now, while surfing aimlessly across the web, I remembered a comic I read some years ago. Reading may be an overstatement, because I just viewed a part of the whole via the picture search of google. So unfortunately, I don't even know if it is an existing/buyable franchise. I can't even post a pic of the comic, I just can list the things which I still remember:

- the comic was black & white

- the plot was about the opening of caves/holes in mountains all over the world to which children were drawn to

- the part I read ended with a boy entering "his cave" (he felt particularly drawn to this one) thus vanishing into the mountain

Sorry for this poor information, but many thanks to you all in advance! :)

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529  Edited By christianrapper

does anyone remember the comic book where bizzarro was impersonating superman? bizzarro put on a pair of glasses and jumped out of the window and said down down and near. that's all i remember about it. i was trying to find that comic book for years.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530  Edited By rev_sulphur

Just reading about Black Hand and came across this.

"While being transported to prison, Black Hand experiences a sudden power surge that kills his guards and apparently began having visions of the dead planet Ryut and the Black Power Battery. After the visions he roams the desert, hearing "Death" calling to him. It instructs him to reclaim all the souls it has lost in the DC Universe"

I have all of the Green Lantern volume including the Blackest Night story but I have no recollection of this. Where can I find it?

bvino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531  Edited By bvino

Hey folks,

I need help finding a comic. After reading a page or two here I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but here goes anyways.

I don't know the Name of the book. I don't know the Pub, the Year, or even the Main Character. Here's what I know, and that's based on old, faulty memory:

• It was from a long while ago. 1980s or possibly 1990s
  • The superhero was a teenager. I think it was mentioned he was newly turned 18.
  • His costume was reds and blues, or possibly reds and purples.
  • His belt or chest had an "M" - possibly standing for "Metabolism" or some variant
    • note: I've searched databases of the major Pubs looking for "Metabolism" (and variants) with no luck. Could be my search-fu is bad
  • His powers were based on being able to control his body from within. Like he could visualize, or maybe astral-teleport inside himself to heal wounds, grow muscle, control bleeding, slow heart-rate, etc.
  • He was very strong and hard to kill
  • The first few panels of the first issue featured our hero lifting weights. Instead of weights on the ends of the bar though, there were cables attached, dropping through slots in the floor (and through the illustration) to the level below, where they were attached to a city bus. *note: it may not have been a bus. Maybe a tank? A stacked pile of safes? Something heavy, k?
  • The climax of that issue was when he was dropped/kicked/superpowered off of a building under construction. He fell to the ground a few stories below, onto protruding iron re-bar. The re-bar pierced him in a few places, but he was able to 'go inside' himself and repair the damage. Tough part was standing up and off the piercing bars.

So, does anyone remember this guy and his comic? If so, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533  Edited By rev_sulphur
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

For years I've been trying to figure out what issue this is. It's an issue of the Punisher from the late 80's. He's on a houseboat frying bacon, two dudes break in and he beats them with a hot frying pan. I think it guest stars Spider-Man. This was my first comic and I'd like to re buy it. I'd be super appreciative for anyone's help.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@longbowhunter: I Google searched the phrases "Punisher" "Frank" "bacon" and "frying pan", and found a book that sounds like it might be what you're looking for...

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/spiderman_spectacular/141.html

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#536  Edited By longbowhunter

@the_tree: Spectacular Spider-Man #141. This sounds like the book I'm looking for. I'm going to dig through the back issue bins this Wednesday for it. Thanks a lot, I've been trying to figure out what book this was for about 8 years now.

bvino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537  Edited By bvino

Nope, not MiracleMan (nor MarvelMan). Pretty sure my guy didn't fly. Anyone else have an idea?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a specific image in my mind of Carnage writing "Carnage Rules" on a wall, I think in blood. It was a darker tone though, almost black. If anyone can tell me what issue/story arc of Spider-Man that was, I'd appreciate it, especially if you can post the image itself.

I know it was in the 90's when Carnage was still fresh and a big deal.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

lainard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone. I am new to your forum and in need of some help. As a Swede comic books were, and is, hard to come by. As a youth i had a two which were really cool, however they are lost and i would like to find them again and more in the series.

Both were in black and white.

Comic 1 was set in a post apocalyptic world. A gang of survivors were traveling in armored busses/trucks with thin windows. Outside was acid rain and for some reason one had to go outside and pretty much melted.

Comic 2 was a post apocalyptic world as well based one male character, pretty much Book Of Eli. I recall ammo being sought after by survivors and killing was common. The scene i recall he is trapped inside a barn or one of those bridges that looks like a barn and the gang outside tries to come in and gets shoot, i believe with a m16.

Not much to go by but hopefully someone know which i am talking about. :)

Many thanks!

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541  Edited By rev_sulphur
rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emh_bruce: As far as I know it hasn't been collected yet.

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it wasn't that, but thanks for that. It was done on a white wall with black blood like "ink". It was in the 90's, I know that for sure. Thanks again though, because this is close.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rev_sulphur: Okay, I went through a bunch of stuff with Carnage page by page, found it in "Maximum Carnage" (Amazing Spider-Man 379) thanks for your help, again.

No Caption Provided

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gollie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there!

I need some help identifying a short-run comic book series dating from the late 90's - early 2000's. Not a mainstream comic book series

It was mainly a sex (lots of sex) fantasy comedic comic

It was set in a Fantasy world (magic, dragons, centaurs etc.) similar to Medieval Europe and the main character was a near immortal human male having sex with every female (human and non-human) possible. His character was very similar to Jack from "Fables".. funny, bumbling, permanently horny etc.

I do remember that he was the offspring of a Dragon (Dragons are shapeshifters) and a tavern wench, parts took place on an all-female pirate ship that floated in the sky. He was always getting into trouble etc. and there was a major plot device about him being hunted down by persons unknown - possibly a McGuffin item of magical jewelry he carried.

It was very well written, illustrated and colored - running between 6 and 20 episodes iirc.

If anyone could identify this series for me, i'd be eternally grateful

Saladking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone help me out. I can't remember the name of this comic but here's the description of it

It's genre is paranormal/adventure and the issue I read was about this little girl who returns to a city she once lived in and reunites with her male fried who's hanging out with some bad dudes. Apparently his mom's ghost was haunting his house so him and his dad would never go home

lainard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lainard:

I actually found "Comic 1" i was looking for, Black Cross, even found the cover. Now i just have to find the comic in all the boxes. :)
http://media.giphy.com/media/P6NGyxkKCrtlK/giphy.gif

kalampoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody knows what adult comic is this from?

https://i.imgur.com/RuH7edq.jpg