#1 Posted by EQSguy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner bros has approached Guillermo del Toro and asked him to make a new comic book movie for them and gave him a list of film they would like him to make, instead he offered to make a film staring characters such as Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, The Spectre, Deadman, Phantom Stranger and others.

Initially I thought this would be a great Idea, especially see that this type of dark fantasy film I his forte, like his work on pan labyrinth.

However having so many complex characters all in one film most of which (to my knowledge) have not been seen before in a movie, all thrown together in one film may leave some or all characters under developed. Also seeing that most mainstream audiences will not know these characters will there even be a big enough audience to make this movie a profit in the box-office, which is what Warner bros will be considering before making this movie.

So hat do you think about this movie and the points I have made?

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard this too, and I'd totally watch it.

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7837 posts) - - Show Bio

Rather just see a solo Swampy Thing movie.

#4 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Im serious does DC Entertainment know what they are even doing at this point ?

Don't get me wrong I would love to see a movie like this but WHY FOR THE LOVE OF HELL ARENT THEY CONCENTRATING ON MAKING A WONDER WOMAN OR FLASH MOVIE OR HELL EVEN GO STRAIGHT FOR THE JLA ?

#5 Posted by EQSguy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@MatKrenz: yeah i see whatyour saying but the justice league movie is aparantly coming in 2015 and there trying to get the wachowskis (who made the matrix and v for vendetta) to write and direct it. i think there writing a draft script or somthing at the moment i'm not sure

but in regard to this DC/warner bros offered him alist of projects of which he could take his pick instead of any of thoughs he suggested this. o this was more down to del toro, but yeah i do think they should be putting alot more effort in to getting good dc characters in to movies.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea. I agree they should focus on making more single-character movies, but I'm happy about this. Hope it's good.

#7 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Rather just see a solo Swampy Thing movie.

me to. His backstory is to complex to be explained in a team up movie