• 105 results
#1 Posted by JTHood (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to read almost nothing but DC before New 52. Since then I've been reading mostly Marvel and independents. I think DC has lost their minds. I've lost faith in DC, how about you?

#2 Posted by SanoHibiki (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I read 8-10 DC titles, before New 52 - 3 at most. Nuff said.

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#4 Posted by reaverlation (17115 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#5 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all..no leads 4-1.

#6 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel indifferent towards them as a whole

#7 Posted by FireThunder (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, cancelling superman unchained and delaying forever evil for two months and getting the conclusion of first contact crossover before the release of the part 3 of the crossover. Yeah, I am worried.

#8 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18986 posts) - - Show Bio

I lost faith in humanity a long time ago. By extension DC is included in humanity.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

I read less and less DC as the months go by....they have very few books that truly interest me anymore

#10 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

No…

#11 Posted by Jphu8414 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

I love DC just as much as I ever have

#12 Posted by SheenLantern (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Oh, what's that? DC has finally decided to retcon the entire New 52 out of existence?

No.

#13 Posted by Akindoodle (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

I read less and less DC as the months go by....they have very few books that truly interest me anymore

Same. I don't think I'm even pulling anything from them anymore barring Vertigo. I read the odd issue that catches a minuscule portion of my attention but even at that... Mostly reading Image now. A handful of years ago, I would NEVER have thought I'd get tired of superhero comics much less DC comics. *shakes head*

#14 Posted by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#15 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Same. I don't think I'm even pulling anything from them anymore barring Vertigo. I read the odd issue that catches a minuscule portion of my attention but even at that... Mostly reading Image now. A handful of years ago, I would NEVER have thought I'd get tired of superhero comics much less DC comics. *shakes head*

it's not that I'm tired of superhero comics, it's that I'm tired of all the changes for the sake of changes that Dan Didio and DC have made with the New 52...most of the books just plain suck anymore....I have continued reading Snyder's Batman series and a few other books...I mostly stick with creative teams that I like...Francis Manapul going to Detective Comics made me start reading that

most of the stuff I'm reading and enjoying is from Marvel at the moment...though I love a lot of what Image is doing with books like Walking Dead, Invincible and Saga...plus there's IDW's TMNT which has been nothing but awesome from it's first issue

#16 Posted by Xwraith (21634 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read any DC outside of Green Arrow.

#17 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I have. The only good stuff they are putting out is through Vertigo.

#18 Posted by frozenedge (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. I'm only reading less comics due to my funds being low otherwise I'd probably be reading about 5-6 comics from DC alone

#19 Posted by Eisenfauste (8930 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16529 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really.

#21 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped buying them. I bought Flash Annual because I wanted to see how they brought back Wally, and I wasn't feeling it.

*shrug*

#22 Edited by Project_Worm (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm reading very few DC books but I really enjoy the ones I do.

#23 Posted by TimeLordScience (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like a lot of their decisions, and personally I think the quality of their comics isn't as good as Marvel's. I like DC characters more, but I think the talent is with Marvel. Well realistically, the talent is with Image. But in terms of superheroes, yeah, Marvel. I only really am into Wonder Woman at DC.

#24 Edited by longbowhunter (7752 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I have lost faith in DC. I still read a lot of old stuff (currently working on Deadenders and Green Arrow: Wonder Year) but very little in the New 52 gets me excited. I'm pulling like 4 titles, whereas in 2010 most of my monthly books were DC titles. It doesn't help that the live action movies suck and even the animated films have taken a nose dive. I'm just kinda soured on the brand as a whole.

#25 Posted by Homer_X (1402 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by NukeA6 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I like DC's old stuff before Flashpoint and there are still some good titles in the New 52 (i.e. Wonder Woman, Green Arrow) but they are really making bad decisions. They're messing up character origins, their editorials are crap which has made writers want to leave, and they think they can solve their problems by adding more Batman. Now I'm a fan of that character but the overexposure is starting to make me dislike him as much as Wolverine. At the moment, I'm mostly interested in the stuff not involving the main universe.

I do appreciate that they're doing well with tv and that they do promise good videogames but everything else is looking bleak.

#27 Posted by Lateralus (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

47 titles have been canceled since its new 52 launch and only a few were actually allowed to finish out their stories.

#28 Posted by longbowhunter (7752 posts) - - Show Bio

47 titles have been canceled since its new 52 launch and only a few were actually allowed to finish out their stories.

These are facts people.

#29 Edited by JTHood (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Batman wakes in a cold sweat, "Dafuq?!" and new 52 was all a bad dream.

#30 Posted by TechnoBacon2014 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (38396 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes in some ways. No in others. I have been reading less since the New 52 tho.

#32 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Been.

#33 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

Losing faith yes, lost faith no. Their main problem right now is editorial.

#34 Posted by Darling_Luna (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#35 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#36 Posted by TheThe (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused. I want to support them, but they keep to disappoint me. Too many titles canceled, too many titles who started good and are just painful to read now. These days, you dont know if a title you like will spend the year...Too much changes and it's difficult to follow them.

#37 Posted by Teerack (7459 posts) - - Show Bio

They just seem to not care about some of their fans and it's destroying them. The new 52 started out pretty good, and then around issue 15 of everything they started taking the best writers/artists and throwing them in new or existing batman/superman titles. Why would I have faith in a company like that? All their characters and stories just seem to get worse and worse.

#38 Posted by Akindoodle (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I agree, the useless changes have to be the most tactless part of whatever strategy it is they're playing at, not to mention most of them being tactless changes in and of themselves. DC's got so much more they can give but they're chucking it all out the window with some mediocre, occasionally terrible writing and - perhaps, even more alarmingly - for shallow marketing gimmicks. I can't completely give up on the heroes they house because, hey, childhood. But they're certainly doing their level best to make me. Maybe an editorial/managerial overhaul is needed. Sometimes I feel WB (and even Disney) need to back off even though I know they're probably the reason comics still have the weight they do. Maybe not the only one, but it's a factor.

And as for superhero comics in general, I'm feeling ambivalent about them right now. Almost apathetic. Partly because of DC. Yes, Marvel is putting out excellent titles right now but I have to say the ones I'm reading aren't the standard "heroics" sort. Except She-Hulk. I think it's to do with characters and their treatment. I'm reading Black Widow, Elektra and Loki amongst others. They can hardly be considered "normal" (I say this reservedly) supes. The protagonists of the Image titles I read are even worse. Velvet, Saga, Lazarus, Rat Queens; mostly not "heroes" in the sense that comics use them. Generally speaking, these are. Not. Healthy. People

Maybe it's just a phase... I mean, I'm still reading a lot of back issues and old stories from all companies. Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E, anyone?

So, finally, in answer to the OP, "[Have I given up on DC?]" Not quite just yet. YET.

#39 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5697 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorta but I'm hoping I can find something else to latch onto. I went from buying ALOT to now just Aquaman titles, GL titles and random JL books. On the flip side I'm buying almost everything Marvels dropping.

#40 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

If I hadn't lost faith in DC for what they did to Harley and Ivy in Helter Sheltzer, I'd be a GOD AWFUL fan.

#42 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

Losing faith pretty quickly. As far as comics go, I've basically lost faith. Before the New 52, I only picked up 2 series. At the start of the New 52, closer to 20. Now, I'm back to 2. And after a great amount of time spent going back and reading Pre-New 52 stories, I can hardly believe that I actually appreciated the New 52 when it first began.

In the TV department, I've got faith in DC. I've loved Arrow, and The Flash, Gotham, and Constantine all look awesome.

As for movies, I'm on the fence. As soon as DC starts releasing lesser-known character-based movies (Justice League Dark, please) I will be in a better place to judge them. But so far, all they seem to be focused on is Batman v. Superman, which I have reservations about as it is.

I'll never completely lose faith in DC, just because I love the characters so much (especially the ones screwed over by the New 52). But as far as losing faith in the current minds working at DC? Faith has been gone for a very long time.

#43 Edited by longbowhunter (7752 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I feel like anyone who still believes in what DC is doing started reading with the New 52?

#44 Posted by RogueShadow (12061 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with some of the stuff they've been doing..but ultimately, no, the majority of my pull is still DC.

#46 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@jthood said:

I used to read almost nothing but DC before New 52. Since then I've been reading mostly Marvel and independents. I think DC has lost their minds. I've lost faith in DC, how about you?

I didn't have faith to lose. It's more about interest, at least for me.

The New 52 was a great way to get into DC when I started reading monthlies but I don't find as much variety with DC as I do with Marvel. It seems many DC fans are passionate because they love the legacy books. New 52 has capitalized on this, big time. If you like Batman you have like 15 books that spin out of that (Batman and his supporting characters included). Same goes for Superman, and now Green Lantern. If you like many of the pillar characters, you stand to enjoy a LOT of comics. However, if you're not interested in those 5 main DC characters, I think it's harder to find something you'll enjoy.

#47 Posted by Mr_Clockwork91 (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see other characters get the spot light more, Batman and Superman get old after awhile.

#48 Posted by The Stegman (26102 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@jthood said:

The New 52 was a great way to get into DC when I started reading monthlies but I don't find as much variety with DC as I do with Marvel. It seems many DC fans are passionate because they love the legacy books. New 52 has capitalized on this, big time. If you like Batman you have like 15 books that spin out of that (Batman and his supporting characters included). Same goes for Superman, and now Green Lantern. If you like many of the pillar characters, you stand to enjoy a LOT of comics. However, if you're not interested in those 5 main DC characters, I think it's harder to find something you'll enjoy.

I would like to see other characters get the spot light more, Batman and Superman get old after awhile.

You really can't blame DC for this though, I could make a loooooong list of C and even D listers who have gotten titles in the New 52,

Voodoo

Pandora

Phantom Stranger

Demon Knights

DC Universe Presents

Ravagers

Team 7

Deathstroke

I Vampire

Blue Beetle

Static

etc, etc

And they've all been cancelled, why? Cause people don't buy them, people DO buy Batman and Superman, thus, they are the ones who have long running titles.

#49 Edited by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@extremis said:

@jthood said:

@mr_clockwork91 said:

You really can't blame DC for this though, I could make a loooooong list of C and even D listers who have gotten titles in the New 52,

Voodoo

Pandora

Phantom Stranger

Demon Knights

DC Universe Presents

Ravagers

Team 7

Deathstroke

I Vampire

Blue Beetle

Static

etc, etc

And they've all been cancelled, why? Cause people don't buy them, people DO buy Batman and Superman, thus, they are the ones who have long running titles.

That's precisely my point, though. Marvel has a lot of "A-listers" (not a huge fan of that term, but for lack of a better one) whereas DC has like 5. I get that Batman and Superman are vastly popular, but in the end that means DC sacrifices variety.

Marvel consistently takes chances on other books and puts great creative teams on them. There's plenty of recent examples (i.e. Fraction and Aja on Hawkeye, Tradd Moore on Ghost Rider, Ellis on Moon Knight). DC doesn't really do that. In fact, arguably their biggest creative team NOT on a Batman book (Buccelato and Manapul) went to a Batman book. We can say it's because people don't buy the other stuff, but what comes first - the chicken or the egg? If they put a Blue Beetle book out with Ellis on it, don't you think people would buy it?

I've never read Blue Beetle before, but then I would. DC just needs to give me a reason to.

It's things like that that push me away, strictly for variety's sake.

#50 Posted by lesterlawton (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. I haven't spent a dime on DC since the reboot.