Have you ever skipped an arch?

Avatar image for deactivated-64a584ff1973b
deactivated-64a584ff1973b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 5

I was recently thinking about this, there are times where a story arch has lost my interest so I put down the book for a little bit. Most recently I did this with /the-culling/39-56715/ story arch and all the books that affected. In the past I skipped over /necrosha/39-55941/ story arch, the thing with Azrel in Gotham before the new 52, the /ends-of-the-earth/39-56782/ story arch. I also skipped over the last Justice League story line before Cheetah because it didn't really interest me. However, the problem with this is that I often find that I get lost, when there are other times where the story line has no real affect on the story other than a quick mention after it's over.

So, have you ever put a book down for a short while?

If so, is there something that made you regret doing this?

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impossibilly

I have no problem jumping on and off and back on a book. I probably do this most often with The Amazing Spider-Man. Part one of The Ends of the Earth didn't do it for me, so I jumped off the title for a bit and jumped back in with the latest issue. The catch-up page that Marvel provides is usually fills me in on anything relevant I may have missed.

More often than not, I find myself wishing I hadn't spent the money on a disappointing story line. Sometimes I'll be on part four of a story that isn't doing it for me and wondering why I kept buying and if I should just cut my losses on the final two parts of a story.

Oh, and the term is story arc, not story arch. Just a friendly FYI.