have you ever been

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

teased for being a comic book fan?

Even in a day of today, do you feel uncomfortable to let people know that you love comics/superheros?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

I've never been teased about it but I don't publicly go around announcing i'm a fan of comics if someone asks i'll tell them but I don't feel uncomfortable about it. As far as i'm concerned its a hobby just like reading etc.....

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am pretty proud of reading all kinds of comic books, from more commercial ones to more artistic ones. It's a great synthesis of my two favourite art forms: visual representation and storytelling.

I don't advertise it any more than I advertise other hobbies, like drawing or playing cards, but I never hide it.

Have you?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been made fun of for being a fan of Aquaman.

I then proceeded to pretend to be Aquaman during an Improvised Comedy Show at my college in order to display his powers. Several people came up to me after that show and told me that I had exposed Aquman's coolness to them, I then told em to read the New 52 Aquaman stories.

I'm also planning on starting a Comic Book Club here at my college, so I'm not really ashamed of it at all.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm not uncomfortable with it, but I hate that no one else I know likes and I often feel alone because of it. I haven't been teased, though.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@matteopg said:

I am pretty proud of reading all kinds of comic books, from more commercial ones to more artistic ones. It's a great synthesis of my two favourite art forms: visual representation and storytelling.

I don't advertise it any more than I advertise other hobbies, like drawing or playing cards, but I never hide it.

Exactly this.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

I've been made fun of for being a fan of Aquaman.

I then proceeded to pretend to be Aquaman during an Improvised Comedy Show at my college in order to display his powers. Several people came up to me after that show and told me that I had exposed Aquman's coolness to them, I then told em to read the New 52 Aquaman stories.

I'm also planning on starting a Comic Book Club here at my college, so I'm not really ashamed of it at all.

same here for being a Aquaman fan :/

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gunmetalgrey

I'm not teased. I'm envied.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#10 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Never. Not even a little :)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Most of my friends like comics just as much. Granted, most of them are Marvel fans and they give me the occasional crap for liking DC but hey, that's Marvel for ya ;P

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MatteoPG

Well, a couple of times I was teased, but I mean, if people are so dumb as to judge others based on their hobbies (unless their hobbies are skinning people alive and such), their judgement is not really something to be bothered about.

What about you, @thorson?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

Nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that I can remember.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Sure, but it didn't matter because I gave it back to them better than they gave it to me.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg:

nope, i've worn shirts and have showed off my comic figures/box/posters. didn't really bother me.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Nope.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No people know better ;)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19 JediXMan  Moderator

No.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get into them until college & I rarely talked to people (especially anything other than small-talk) so it really didn't come up (Though I did wear shirts & nothing was made of it). Although post-HS I don't think people really care. Especially since the comic-movies are so popular. It used to be it was thought that liking comics meant you were the ultimate fanatic bordering on an unhealthy obsession with them, but now people know that it can be a normal interest.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not uncomfortable with it, but I hate that no one else I know likes and I often feel alone because of it. I haven't been teased, though.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, but only by my friends. It's all in good fun, I've never actually felt targeted or felt like someone was with malicious intent.