#1 Edited by those_eyes (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

Show me some characters who are on par or at least close to their comic version. After watching thor the dark world I was utterly disappointed how nerfed thor is compared to his comic version. Pretty much every superhero movie ive seen the character is nerfed. Closest to comic versions ive seen are superman. Also movie wolverine seems to surpass his comic version (better healing factor).

#2 Edited by XxEdward_KenwayXx (517 posts) - - Show Bio

i think spider-man is pretty close to his comic version

#3 Posted by BlackWind (6384 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by those_eyes (6813 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Bruxae (13916 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm.. Black Widow in Avengers?

#6 Edited by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

MoS comes close to an early, less experienced Superman.

Amazo from the DCAU is more powerful than his comic counterpart.

#7 Posted by RBT (4198 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is pretty close to his comic counterpart. Hawk Eye, Cap America, Charles, Mystique and a few other X Men.

#8 Edited by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes:

When movie Wolverine literally regenerates from a skeleton, let me know.

#9 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17617 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, how strong someone is or isn't is completely irrelevant to a good story and by extension a good movie.

Second of all, Reeves Superman was pretty well in line with Silver Age craziness (he wasn't towing planets but he had some pretty crazy things going on). Daredevil seemed pretty close to his comic, too.

#10 Edited by RBT (4198 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8704 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard the duck?

#12 Posted by Binski (647 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen

#13 Posted by those_eyes (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

@binski said:

Watchmen

Ok this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Posted by JediXMan (30650 posts) - - Show Bio
@binski said:

Watchmen

Sounds about right. In fact, except for Dr. Manhattan, their abilities looked more impressive than in the comics.

Also, V for Vendetta.

#15 Edited by The Stegman (24461 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen and maybe Blade

#16 Posted by Hyperlight (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

@binski: best movie ever!!

Sebastian shaw was more powerful in his movie version

#17 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost rider ... Still as invulnerable as ever... Johnny just got in the way ! Banners intelligence.. It's there but still underplayed for hulk !

#18 Posted by HumanRocket (8194 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man and Wolverine come close to mind.

#19 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8112 posts) - - Show Bio

Sin City characters :P

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33483 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd

#21 Posted by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil?

#22 Posted by patrat18 (9791 posts) - - Show Bio

V for Vendetta.

#23 Edited by _Atomikill_ (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Would DKR Joker count? He was different, but not necessarily nerfed...

#24 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

All Watchmen characters

#25 Posted by danhimself (22560 posts) - - Show Bio

the reason why so many of them were nerfed is because everyone keeps clamoring for more "realistic down to earth" superhero movies....that's why we don't get CBM's that are actual COMIC BOOK movies....imo the only movies that have come close to realizing what these movies should be are the Marvel Studios movies...they should be FUN!!! there's no reason to try and make Oscar winning CBM's because all that does is deviate them from the source material

#26 Edited by Wolverine08 (42450 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Movie Wolverine is no where near his comic counterpart in any category. Not even close.

Same for movie Captain America.

#27 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Hulk is nowhere near his comic-counterpart

#28 Posted by Thitiki (3783 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: how so?

If they're referring to the Raimi trilogy then yes he was nerfed in the second film he was consistently brawling with Otto and Otto was taking punches like nothing even though one punch from Pete should have KOd him. In the new movie I'm not so sure.

#29 Edited by silent_bomber (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd

Dredd was extremely nerfed in both movies,

Movie Dredd moves in slow motion compared to Comic Dredd, who is an uber quick-draw.

Comic Dredd would've also destroyed that other Judge in H2H, only people with enhanced stats can fight Dredd in H2H for more than a minute or two, he takes ordinary humans to pieces 9 times out of 10 no matter how well trained.

#30 Posted by those_eyes (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: This!!!!! Im tired of directors trying to make superhero movies the most dramatically realistic versions. I want to literally see a comic book come to life on the big screen.

#31 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure movie Blade was much stronger than his comic counterpart so much so in fact that comic Blade is closer to his movie incarnation these days.

#32 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen characters definitely.

#33 Edited by MaccyD (4081 posts) - - Show Bio

100s maye 1000s of comics starring the character with various power levels versus a few films...

#34 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8011 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool....?

#35 Posted by Skyfire (752 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fantastic Four come to mind.

#36 Posted by BlackWind (6384 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday: Nah, really the only thing the film changed about Blade was retconning that he was born the Daywalker.

#37 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man, batman.

#38 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday: Nah, really the only thing the film changed about Blade was retconning that he was born the Daywalker.

Comic Blade didn't have a healing factor though, not at first (or if he did, I don't remember it. Plus he was missing a hand for like an entire series). It wasn't till later that he gained regeneration, also yeah the born Daywalker thing. Also his array of weapons, don't think it was as high tech, nor do I remember him being as martially formidable. That's not to say that Blade wasn't awesome. I just seems like after the movie they felt he needed to be pushed harder and maybe it was true seeing as most of the rest of the Marvel U had seen some pretty crazy power creep (I'm looking at you Wolverine...).

#39 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Sebastian Shaw
Doc Ock
Toad
Mystique
Sandman
Uncle Ben :D
There is plenty

#40 Posted by Spideysense44 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique

#41 Posted by MideonNViscera (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. His destructive power has never been so high.

#42 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6184 posts) - - Show Bio

Toby Spiderman

#43 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade is the only one I can think of. Cap power-wise is close, skill wise hasn't seemed to be.

Nerfing a character doesn't make it bad for the big screen, though.

#44 Posted by Wolverine08 (42450 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade is the only one I can think of. Cap power-wise is close, skill wise hasn't seemed to be.

Eh, I'd say that powerwise movie Captain America is still quite a bit off from his comic counterpart.

#45 Edited by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil was pretty spot on until the fight with Elektra..

Ozymandias in Watchmen was if anything more powerful than the comic version. Dr Manhattan was fairly accurate..MOS superman towards end of film seemed in line with New 52 Superman....when Thor fought the destroyer he seemed fully powered, but was nerfed in Avengers and Thor 2. Wolverine in the second part of Origins was fully powered up...heat butted the blob unconscious!

#46 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

@danhimself: This!!!!! Im tired of directors trying to make superhero movies the most dramatically realistic versions. I want to literally see a comic book come to life on the big screen.

I would say that the Avengers got pretty close to that request.

#47 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade maybe Hellboy

#48 Edited by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen

#49 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier said:

Eh, I'd say that powerwise movie Captain America is still quite a bit off from his comic counterpart.

Perhaps, I admittedly don't read a lot of Cap books.

#50 Posted by TeenTitansFan94 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick-Ass