#1 Posted by Bezza (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

...as in the number of WW comics sold. Many WW fans rate it as one of the best eras, I certainly think its been very interesting, but it doesn't seem to have sold that many comics....how does it compare in terms of sales with say, SImone or Perez eras?

#2 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (721 posts) - - Show Bio

Historically the best selling Wonder Woman run was Allan Henberg's in the mid 2000's. Next came the tail-end of Rucka's run after the Maxwell Lord neck snap.

Azzarello's run swapped out long term Wonder Woman fans, for fans of Azzarello, but it didn't really increase sales. His numbers settled down to the low 30,000's which is what some of the worst received Wonder Woman runs sold.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

His run is going to have shelf life unlike the previous ones.

BB

#4 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (721 posts) - - Show Bio

His run is going to have shelf life unlike the previous ones.

BB

I don't think it will. It was the flavor of the month and touted as the "BEST OF THE NEW 52" for years now and despite it's massive critical acclaim, it hasn't set the world on fire sales wise. I don't see that changing after he's no longer on the title and his fans have moved on to his (sure to be great) Catwoman run.

#5 Posted by Bezza (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorpio_cassadine:

Yeah that's what I was wondering. 30,000 seemed on the low side, but I didn't know whether this was the norm for WW comics.