has mr kindt written anything good recently?

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I have only had two experiances with his writing in JLA#8 and Harley Quinn villains month. So far I would say he is not very good. Can anyone post any good works he has done to build up all our confidence for his new ru n on suicde squad.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Dabee

You read two things he wrote and you deduce that he's not very good? Matt Kindt's a great writer. Check out his creator owned series Mind MGMT, his Martian Manhunter backups in JLA, and his Suicide Squad so far has been great. (He also wrote some great villain's months issues, like Deadshot)

EDIT: Deadshot just being one example.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By longbowhunter

Mind MGMT is very good. He did a graphic novel for Vertigo a few years back called Revolver I was quite fond of. But, his work for hire stuff has been pretty lackluster. Who knows, maybe he'll hit his stride on Unity and Suicide Squad.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lifeboy

The only two things I have read from him have been sub par, so yeah I'm skeptical of him. Thanks for the examples though. I did read the martian manhunter back up, now that I see he wrote that. His score is now 0 - 3. (In my opinion that is)

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His Suicide Squad is great as well as hid Deadshot one shot. I also thought his JLA issue was great

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't read any of his work, but I do plan on reading Unity (with low expectations).

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've really liked the MMH stuff

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Mind MGMT, Red Handed: The Fine Art of Strange Crimes, 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man, his Martian Mahunter backups.

His indy stuff is typically superb, but his mainstream works have been, for the most part, lackluster.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@the_tree said:

Mind MGMT, Red Handed: The Fine Art of Strange Crimes, 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man, his Martian Mahunter backups.

His indy stuff is typically superb, but his mainstream works have been, for the most part, lackluster.

You didn't like his Frankenstein run?
BB

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@the_tree said:

You didn't like his Frankenstein run?
BB

I wasn't a big fan of that series in general. I'd read a few issues of Lemire's run, and one or two issues of Kindt's to see if the series got any better. I wasn't really a fan of Ponticelli's art in it either.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

His Ming MGMT is great and his MMH back-ups were pretty well done.Right now each of his issues suck a lot except his JLA #8 which was really good and interesting(at least in my opinion).