#1 Edited by Thewhiteronin (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

In Marvel or DC's history, have they ever accepted a fan's submitted original comic character and incorporated into their canon universe? I've googled this, but there were not any relevant topics. That would be a fantastic idea if they ever held a contest where they did this sort of thing, I've not heard of it. What does everyone think?

#2 Posted by DWrathborne (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe the Big Two have done so. Though I do seem to remember early Image having a Create a Character contest for the Savage Dragon comic. Jimbo da Mighty Lobster was the winner.

#3 Posted by Yokergeist (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Or at least not that I'm aware of.

#4 Posted by Thewhiteronin (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

Jimbo Da Mighty Lobster... There's even a comicvine page of him: http://www.comicvine.com/jimbo-da-mighty-lobster/4005-63338/ !!! I hope one day DC or Marvel will hold some contest similar to that.

#5 Edited by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they ever had. And I doubt they ever will

#6 Posted by RisingBean (5969 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (14356 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom was. im sure there are more.

#8 Edited by gor724 (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom was a fan submission. Not sure about DC

#9 Posted by MaccyD (5618 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom was. im sure there are more.

I'm sure there are more, there have been various contest over the years to submit characters

#11 Posted by wbr17 (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

In old Dial H series readers could send their ideas and drawings of heroes so DC staff chose a bunch of them and put on comic as transformations. Every issue they used some of them and give the credits on panel to the creators.

#12 Posted by HeckTate (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

On an interesting side note, Darkhorse still accepts unsolicited submissions and proposals for writers, artists, inkers, etc, but they no longer respond to you unless they want to hire you which kind of sucks.