User Lists: 2

yup

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

One of his drones was in the first arc of Action Comics. He showed up in Threshold and had his own Villains Month issue, and was also featured in Cyborg-Superman's issue. He's the main villain of the ongoing Superman: Doomed story and he's going to appear in Futures' End too.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@saren said:

One of his drones was in the first arc of Action Comics. He showed up in Threshold and had his own Villains Month issue, and was also featured in Cyborg-Superman's issue. He's the main villain of the ongoing Superman: Doomed story and he's going to appear in Futures' End too.

And he'll be part of next years crisis event.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@thecowwasdelirious: Read Action Comics Vol 1 Superman and the Men of Steel the only good new 52 story featuring Brainiac.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

I suspect his involvement in FE leads up to that.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@saren said:

Brainiac was involved in Forever Evil?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@saren said:

Brainiac was involved in Forever Evil?

Futures' End.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@saren said:

Did they say it was a crisis? If they used the actual word crisis prepare for more fan bitching next year.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren Thanks but does he still have that IDIOT design he's had since that god-awful Superman: Brainiac.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Superguy1591
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac still looks like Geoff Johns' Brainiac from his Superman Brainiac arc.

The Collector wasn't Brainiac after all.

Amazing though that Brainiac has yet to meet Superman in the N52.

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F***k. Hate that design. He has human eyes! What motherhugger came up with that! He's supposed to have glowing red/purple eyes. And he isn't supposed to be ripped. Grant Morrison gets Brainiac. *sobs*

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F***k. Hate that design. He has human eyes! What motherhugger came up with that! He's supposed to have glowing red/purple eyes. And he isn't supposed to be ripped. Grant Morrison gets Brainiac. *sobs*

No Caption Provided

Agreed I find Johns Brainiac arc to be highly overrated and painfully mediocre,his depiction of Brainiac does nothing for me either,so bland both in personality and design.

Now I dont expect Brainiac to be a particularly deep character but there should be an eerie,other worldly malevolent aura around him. Johns Brainiac was a buffed up Lex Luthor with green skin in design and a joke in personality "EUGGGGGGGH BUGS".

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecowwasdelirious: that's the best design he has. Wud u prefer the silver age design with the black panties?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

@thecowwasdelirious: that's the best design he has. Wud u prefer the silver age design with the black panties?

I'm sure Johns wanted that design,he cant get enough of the Silver Age. The design above is much cooler than chrome dome v2.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: So what will replace the SBP reality punch as the dumb plot device?

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the design i mentioned.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: IDK, I think we should be looking at Crisis on Infinite Worlds as the inspiration of the story, not Infinite Crisis.

I don't think Anti or Prime are the big bad here, I think Darkseid is and Anti will fight alongside the JL.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Is it wrong that I'll laugh my ass off if they use it to start retconing?

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Is it wrong that I'll laugh my ass off if they use it to start retconing?

I'm betting on it,Johns cant go long without a geoffcon and a universe altering event is his idea of geoffcon heaven.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Probably, the N52 has finally been stabilizes with the writing teams set.

It's time to retcon the things that didn't work. I would think everything Pre-Johns Superman is gone.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis I hope he gets a major new arc with a new design.

We'll have to wait because Doomed sucks and Lobdell will be writing him next year.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: You only hate Johns because you think he hates Batman, but Superman fans welcome this crisis.

Jurgens, Perez and Lobdell made 1-31 books of Superman unreadable.

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis I thought Doomed was Doomsday naturally lol so what happens in Doomed?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: You only hate Johns because you think he hates Batman, but Superman fans welcome this crisis.

Jurgens, Perez and Lobdell made 1-31 books of Superman unreadable.

Superman fans must be rather selfish if they want the universe rebooted every few years. Spare us the fans of other characters,we dont want BS retcons hanging over our heads like the Sword of Damocles.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis I thought Doomed was Doomsday naturally lol so what happens in Doomed?

Brainiac is the mastermind,his part will be fleshed out this month.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I don't want one, I've just been a comic fan long enough to know DC seems to like them quite a bit. I know the new fans like to say the New 52 was a brand new idea that has never happened before but its not even the biggest reboot in DC history and won't be the last.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I don't want one, I've just been a comic fan long enough to know DC seems to like them quite a bit. I know the new fans like to say the New 52 was a brand new idea that has never happened before but its not even the biggest reboot in DC history and won't be the last.

Actually the Flashpoint reboot was bigger than the first crisis,DC just kept lying through their teeth about FP's implications.

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis Should i get it because it's a Doomsday/Brainiac story and you don't see them too often? DC has been ejaculating out such a huge amount of things lately, i don't know what to get

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: retcon = deleting things that don't work. Like Jon Lane Kent, probably Helspont (since he never stuck with Superman) and probably Jonathan Carroll and Lois Lane.

Reboot is a restart of the entire universe.

Lobdell, Jurgen and Perez added nothing to Superman worth keeping besides Helspont and H'El.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis Should i get it because it's a Doomsday/Brainiac story and you don't see them too often? DC has been ejaculating out such a huge amount of things lately, i don't know what to get

No you shouldn't get it no matter no matter who stars in cause it's bad. I'll be dropping SM/WW myself.

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Not really, COIE pretty much popularized the concept of the multiverse and and huge implications that were at least equal to the New 52 in story and it forced the entire industry to grow up a bit. The New 52 will never be anything but a pale imitation of COIE.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Not really, COIE pretty much popularized the concept of the multiverse and and huge implications that were at least equal to the New 52 in story and it forced the entire industry to grow up a bit. The New 52 will never be anything but a pale imitation of COIE.

COIE gets points for being the first but even then they left out the Fourth World,in FP even the New Gods were not spared.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: To be fair, Forth World wasn't as big a deal back then as it is now. I mean yes they were an issue but at the time it didn't matter so much to the powers that be if they were involved. I know they had their place but for the most part it was kind of a fringe thing back then.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: This Crisis isn't a reboot like CoIE, it will probably just be used to retcon some things out of the N52.

In the mean time, check out Johns' Superman. Don't need much N52 Superman history to love it.