• 79 results
#51 Posted by nickthedevil (11841 posts) - - Show Bio

i cryed inside when reading Fallen Son: the death of Captain America

Also when Al Simmons blew his head off...

I grew up with that character man... he got me into comics.

#52 Posted by fyrekill (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not know why I am necroing this thread, proably because I am drunk as hell.

But there is one comic that made me shed a tear. And I sure as hell am proud of it. It was Infinite Crisis Infinite Crisis #7 .

When Kal-L died it was the end of an era. It really was well done by Geoff Johns. And I really cried a bit when he told Power-Girl that he would always be there and that this would not be the end. (Let´s hope Earth 2, which is fantastic by the way, gives Kal-L another shot! :)

#53 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach's death in Watchmen, and Under the Red Hood ending climax was close, but I've never actually cried before. In fact I don't think I've ever cried at anything in media before.

#54 Posted by SmashBrawler (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Never.

Buuut the back-up story in Action Comics #13 was close, along with some other moments here and there.

#55 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (520 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

Nope. Never.

Buuut the back-up story in Action Comics #13 was close, along with some other moments here and there.

This was the first and only time I myself did cry (third time in my life being moved to tears by media, the first being Tolkien's Leaf by Niggle and the second being the end of Toy Story 3).

#56 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

AvX made me cry:

WHY WHY DID I BUY THIS! /cry

#57 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I shed a tear at the end of The Underwater Welder. For some reason, seeing Jack hold his baby and smile really struck a chord with me after all that had happened.

Oh, and Rorschach's death in Watchmen. I shed a couple tears for that as well.

Ultimate Peter Parker's death came close. So did Ted Kord's death.

#58 Posted by DarkDay (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually the end of Loki's arc in Journey into Mystery got me. I'm not afraid to admit it. Especially all that happened between him and Leah...then that ending. It was cold, harsh, lonely, and totally Loki.

#59 Posted by Hal__Jordan (45 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of Comics have made me sad, not to where I cried though. Still, they were heartbreaking :(

#60 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I read John Hickman's FF run in one sitting yesterday. Johnny's funeral made me cry. Well... Not the funeral. Afterwards, when Hulk and Thor took beatings from the Thing on purpose. Don't know why, but that scene hit me hard.

#61 Posted by Teerack (5714 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#62 Posted by longbowhunter (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

Essex County and Y the Last Man.

#63 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

No. But I can say I was touched by the issue of Silver Surfer where Norrin's father committed suicide. That was a little heavy.

#64 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never cried over a comic...................

#65 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't cried over comics, but a few really well written ones have made me feel sad for the characters.

#66 Edited by Loki9876 (2995 posts) - - Show Bio

Journey into mystery 645 a bit, I've got a bit teary.

#67 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

I welled up reading Batwoman #0. It was when Kate and Jacob were getting ready to go to the funeral and Kate says, "Beth always helped me pick out what to wear." That was sad. :(

#68 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21640 posts) - - Show Bio

No they never did. But some manga came pretty close...

#69 Posted by tomlikesfries (4638 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't cry, but Identity Crisis was kind of sad.

#70 Posted by Cap10nate (2204 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the most emotional books that I have read is Issue 49 of Busiek's Avengers. It is part of the Kang Dynasty and is titled, "There are no Words." As the title suggests, there are no words for the entire issue. The issue depicts Kang succeeding and conquering the world. He kills just about everybody in Washington DC with a bomb, and then forces the Wasp to sign the confession. The most emotional part is when a battle weary Thor stumbles out of the wreckage and realizes the destruction around him. One of my favorite single issues of all time.

#71 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

Essex County and Y the Last Man.

I thought I was the only one that read Y the Last Man.... That series was EXCELLENT... and yeah, the last book...sigh...

#73 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Has a comic made me cry? hm......... nope... Never.

A Movie has, but that was when I was a kid.

#74 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really cried while reading a comic, but a few moments that upset me included Kitty Pryde being stuck in a bullet at the end of Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men and Jean Grey's death during the Dark Phoenix Saga. Also in Fray, when a little girl was killed and Melaka Fray had to carry her body to town and the death of Dream in the end of Neil Gaiman's Sandman series.

#75 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

No but i hope someday!

#76 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21314 posts) - - Show Bio

@fyrekill said:

I do not know why I am necroing this thread, proably because I am drunk as hell.

But there is one comic that made me shed a tear. And I sure as hell am proud of it. It was Infinite Crisis Infinite Crisis #7 .

When Kal-L died it was the end of an era. It really was well done by Geoff Johns. And I really cried a bit when he told Power-Girl that he would always be there and that this would not be the end. (Let´s hope Earth 2, which is fantastic by the way, gives Kal-L another shot! :)

In earth 2 they've already killed off Batman superman and ww

#77 Posted by CampodelViolin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stuka69 said:

This.

I was going to post the same thing. So emotive comic...

#78 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@CampodelViolin said:

@Stuka69 said:

This.

Is that a Frank Quitely pannel from All-Star Superman? Or something from another Quitely comic?

#79 Posted by akbogert (3213 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by CampodelViolin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@CampodelViolin said:

@Stuka69 said:

This.

Is that a Frank Quitely pannel from All-Star Superman? Or something from another Quitely comic?

It's We3, a brilliant comic by (you was right) Quitely, and Grant Morrison.