• 79 results
#1 Posted by Mitchiekidd (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading some spider-man the other day and it really got to me, Not enough to shed tears but damn close ahah.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see where this going to go

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Does crying from laughter count? because if so 1 or 2 times

#4 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had occasions in comics where a sad scene is happening and I can really feel what the characters are feeling, but not to the point of tears.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I never flat out cried, but there were a few scenes that made me upset. The death of Nightcrawler, the memorial service for Captain America, and when Tim Drake found his dead father in Identity Crisis were specific moments.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (25974 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come came close to bringing me to tears, then I realized I was a manly man, and manly men don't cry, so I held it back.

#8 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, lot's. But I'm a crybaby. I was weeping during that Sarah Palin movie even.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7937 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Shazam: First Thunder made me shed a few tears.

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (12614 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the DC Reboot lol

#11 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

I've had occasions in comics where a sad scene is happening and I can really feel what the characters are feeling, but not to the point of tears.

This. Especially with Spider-Man books

#12 Posted by SirDoomsday (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much all of Bokurano made me cry.

#13 Posted by batmanary (790 posts) - - Show Bio

The Funeral for a Friend, following Superman's death, specifically during Jonathan Kent's coma was quite sad, but it didn't bring me to tears.

#14 Edited by Deadcool (6753 posts) - - Show Bio

The Death of Spider-man.

Y the Last Man (the last two issues).

Mark Millar's Superior.

The Kid who Collects Spider-man.

Spider-man: Leah.

Fantastic Four 588

That is all that comes to my mind.

#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I cried from the pure epicness of Batman RIP.

#16 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue of 100 Bullets where the lady finds out her husband pimped/sold off their daughter.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (31268 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Saddest scenes for me, however, would be the death of the Question and the death of Morpheus.

#18 Posted by Saren (25066 posts) - - Show Bio

The Death of Captain Marvel was pretty sad.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

Saddest scene for me would be when Kyle was Ion and healed his mother but his mother told him this wasn't right and he needed to let her go, which he did....

#20 Posted by cbishop (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

Yeah the DC Reboot lol

This, very nearly.

But seriously, the 9-11 tribute issues did it for me, but that was emotional for everyone. I do recall Marvel's "Heroes" magazine sized tribute, with sketches by various artists. There was one pic of people on a plane, walking up the aisle towards the reader, the lead guy rolling up his sleeve and a determined look on his face... that one choked me up. It makes the hair stand up on my head thinking about it now.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (15060 posts) - - Show Bio

The death of Batman even the fact that it wasn't well made but it was really sad to me to see how is Superman carying Bruce's bones.

#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (15437 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns JL.

#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie. Rhino's guantlet story made me tear up.

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (58305 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

The issue of 100 Bullets where the lady finds out her husband pimped/sold off their daughter.

Yeah that issue was sad.

Many moments in 100 Bullets very sad for me.
BB

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34943 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe the Barbarian 

#26 Posted by HolySerpent (12801 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom come almost made me cry. Poor billy

#27 Edited by 0blivion_ (623 posts) - - Show Bio

The scene were Copycat died in Deadpool almost made me cry

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but the saddest scenes for me were Aunt May's death during the Clone saga and Superman's death. I was a young child during both events.

#29 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

The only time I came close to crying (but was too in shock to do so) was in last prison issues of The Walking Dead. I couldn't believe what they did, because I had NEVER seen anything like it....

#30 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@RoboShark said:

Yeah that issue was sad.

BB

Yes. The woman telling the junkie guy she left him, and he didn't care he was so high. Also sticks out in my as well.

#31 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I never flat out cried, but there were a few scenes that made me upset. The death of Nightcrawler, the memorial service for Captain America, and when Tim Drake found his dead father in Identity Crisis were specific moments.

When I read that for the first time it was so intense I actually did end up crying. Quite the moving scene.

#32 Posted by Billy Batson (58305 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

@Billy Batson said:

@RoboShark said:

Yeah that issue was sad.

BB

Yes. The woman telling the junkie guy she left him, and he didn't care he was so high. Also sticks out in my as well.

and Wylie runs the voodoo down must be the saddest moment in the comic book history.
BB

#33 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never cried, but endings have always made me upset.

that, and Ted Kords death: COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY

#34 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm dead inside, so no.

#35 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#36 Posted by Mitchiekidd (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

I'm dead inside, so no.

I like this haha

#37 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I can see where this going to go
#38 Posted by Mitchiekidd (144 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

The last issue of the Dark Angel Saga. Read it with a heavy heart.

#40 Posted by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#41 Posted by thephantomstranger (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoggSaron said:

I'm dead inside, so no.

I to am rotting from the inside out.

I've been able to let a story take me on an emotional ride but never elicit tears...well there was one story that managed to force tears but it wasn't a comic. Anyone ever heard of The Mysterious Stranger sorta by Mark Twain?

#42 Posted by aussiebushwacker (67 posts) - - Show Bio

when i was drunk one time i read all star superman-morrison... this isthe first time of admitted it

#43 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4763 posts) - - Show Bio

What is this crying you speak of?

#44 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

What is this crying you speak of?

I believe it was the way pre-historic humans showed the thing they called "pane" or pein" or "pain" or whatever. I only hear of it so I don't know how it is spelt. Unfortunately, evolved beings feel no such thing and so we also don't often encounter this thing called crying. If you have unevolved neighbours, you can always see this phenomena, especially with their females and newly-borns.

#45 Posted by wrestlgurl (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Way back in the dinosaur days before the Crisis on Infinite Earths, when Aquaman broke up the real JLA and reformed it with a bunch of juvenile delinquents I cried even more so than reading Flash and Supergirl dying because this was the end of my childhood(even though that ship had sailed already) because I grew up on the silver/bronze age JLA. That was when the Justice League was truly the World's Greatest Super-Heroes, and I knew that would never happen again. Then later when all was retconned (man i hate that word) away and (oh dear lord) Black Canary replaced Wonder Woman as an "original" member I knew that my memories of the comic book world I grew up on were all that was left. Now, 46 retcons later(or whatever it's been) I still tear up when I think of what they did to my JLA.

#46 Posted by TheCannon (19391 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a tear or two when Jean Grey died in X-men 137.

#47 Posted by War Killer (20287 posts) - - Show Bio

I did shed a tear or two after reading Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America... :(

#48 Posted by KEROGA (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of Jack Drake(Tim's father) ALMOST made me cry....

#49 Edited by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never cried(I can't remember any fiction that has made me do so), but I recall being deeply saddened when I read the scene in Punisher MAX where Frank recalls the loss of his family. The 616 versions? Not so much. But something about Frank trying to hold in his daughter's insides while telling her that she'll be okay just really, really got to me. Also, surprisingly, the Death of Spider-Man did stir some sadness in me, and I'd been largely indifferent to the character up until then. Also, the from where Billy sacrificed himself to the bit with Superman in the U.N. in Kingdom Come was rather emotional.

#50 Posted by Mina319 (219 posts) - - Show Bio