#1 Posted by simonjo890 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Django Unchained Online It absolutely should, and probably will once it hits DVD. But as for the Oscars, I also have to wonder if Weinstein faced a crossroads where he had to out his company’s “eggs” in one or two baskets, and he opted for the safer plays in Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained, both of which earned Best Picture nominations (as well as a Director nod for David O. Russell). The costs of running an Oscar campaign can skyrocket, and Weinstein might have seen the writing on the wall when it came to the uphill battle that was The Master. I think the three Oscar nods for the fantastic performances can be counted as a “win,” and Weinstein’s unwise to dwell too long on the “what might have been” question. What do you think?

Watch Breaking Dawn Part 2 Online Nick Offerman is most famous for playing the cranky, fierce libertarian Ron Swanson on TV's best sitcom, Parks & Recreation-- to the point that it can be weird to see him out the in the world without Ron's signature mustache. But Offerman, like many TV actors, likes to keep busy by taking on side roles in various indie films, and fans who want to see him break out of Swanson mode will have another chance come March, with the release of the comedic fable Somebody Up There Likes Me.The film covers 35 years in the lives of three protagonists-- Keith Poulson's Max, Offerman's Sal, and the woman they both adore, played by Jess Weixler. The movie is coming to select theaters on March 8 and will be available on VOD just four days later, on March 12. For a very colorful and creative preview of what to expect, check out this brand-new poster, which we're exclusively premiering here:

Watch Hansel And Gretel Online And those cartoons aren't just a marketing gimmick-- the film itself features animated sequences from Bob Sabiston, who worked on Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly and Waking Life. Add that to an original score from Vampire Weekend's Chris Baio, and there's a whole lot more on offer here than in your average indie comedy. Read the official synopsis for Somebody Up There Likes Me, and below that revisit the ridiculous, up-in-smoke promo video that Offerman made with his wife and co-star Megan Mullaly, plus Community's Alison Brie.

Watch MAMA Online SOMEBODY UP THERE LIKES ME is a comedic fable is about a man watching his life fly by. Max (Keith Poulson), along with his best friend Sal (Nick Offerman, "Parks & Recreation") and the woman they both adore, Lyla (Jess Weixler), stumble through thirty-five years of mandatory but seemingly unfulfilling entanglements. Featuring an original score from Vampire Weekend’s Chris Baio, stunning animated sequences from Bob Sabiston (A SCANNER DARKLY), produced by Offerman and directed by cult auteur Bob Byington (HARMONY & ME), the experience of life sneaking up on you while time seemingly stands still has never been more surreal and charmingly entertaining.

Watch Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters Online With his latest film, Side Effects, heading to theaters on Feb. 8, Soderbergh opened up to Vulture for a candid conversation about his pending retirement, the genesis of his most recent films, the truth about the “myths” of Soderbergh’s legend, and much more. There are so many interesting things the director spoke of, we just want to run through the top talking points. The entire interview is worth a read. And of course, we’ll all be seeing Side Effects when it opens. We don’t know how many movies Soderbergh has left, so we’ll cherish the ones that arrive as he puts the finishing touches on his cinematic legacy.

Watch Zero Dark Thirty Online It’s become absolutely horrible the way the people with the money decide they can fart in the kitchen, to put it bluntly. It’s not just studios—it’s anyone who is financing a film. I guess I don’t understand the assumption that the director is presumptively wrong about what the audience wants or needs when they are the first audience, in a way. And probably got into making movies because of being in that audience. But an alarming thing I learned during Contagion is that the people who pay to make the movies and the audiences who see them are actually very much in sync. I remember during previews how upset the audience was by the Jude Law character. The fact that he created a sort of mixed reaction was viewed as a flaw in the filmmaking. Not, “Oh, that’s interesting, I’m not sure if this guy is an ******* or a hero.” People were really annoyed by that. And I thought, ‘Wow, so ambiguity is not on the table anymore.’ They were angry.”I’m overhauling Kafka completely. It’s funny—wrapping a movie 22 years later! But the rights had reverted back to me and Paul Rassam, an executive producer, and he said, “I know you were never really happy with it. Do you want to go back in and play around?” We shot some inserts while we were doing Side Effects. I’m also dubbing the whole thing into German so the accent issue goes away. And Lem [Dobbs] and I have been working on recalibrating some of the dialogue and the storytelling. So it’s a completely different movie. The idea is to put them both out on disc. But for the most part, I’m a believer in your first impulse being the right one. And I certainly think that most of the seventies directors who have gone back in and tinkered with their movies have made them worse.”

If Marvel Studios' Iron Man hadn't been a hit all the way back in 2008, it's hard to say if they would have been able to build the massively successful Marvel Cinematic Universe that we have today. The Jon Favreau film made $585 million worldwide during its theatrical run, which was able to propel the company past the disappointing Incredible Hulk and eventually on to The Avengers, which now stands as the third biggest box office hit of all time. But if Iron Man had flopped the whole thing would have been over before it began. If a cool laser-shooting superhero/billionaire/playboy/philanthropist didn't catch audiences attention there's no way they would have spent hundreds of millions of dollars gambling on Thor or Captain America. So it's understandable that Warner Bros. would want to perhaps pump the brakes on the future of their partnership with DC Comics and wait to see if their next big superhero movie actually pays off.