Posted by Racob7 (8549 posts) 1 year, 11 months ago

Poll: Harry Potter or Inheritance magic? (18 votes)

Harry Potter 56%
Inheritance 44%

Would you rather learn to master the spells from Harry Potter or the Inheritance (Eragon) books? I would pick Potter magic since it's less dangerous to use, but Inheritance magic does seem more powerful. What would you pick?

#1 Posted by MaccyD (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf-demi-god all the way!!!

#2 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (423 posts) - - Show Bio

the magic in harry potter seems allot better for practical use. if something breaks there's is a spell for that. if plants aren't growing there is a spell for that. car trouble? why are you even messing with a car there is a broom over there.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (30084 posts) - - Show Bio

The Magic in Harry Potter by far. It's so freakin practical, mending bones in seconds, cleaning up messes, fixing broken objects, making things fly or float or simply be as light as a feather, transfiguration, making powerful potions, seriously, I'd kill to be a HP wizard.

#4 Posted by Jayc1324 (19389 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry potter for the win

#5 Edited by Racob7 (8549 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Inheritance magic would be better for killing and mayhem. Forget Avada Kedava, an Inheritance wizard can kill you by looking at you funny. They are also capable of monitoring the thoughts of everyone in a room and using it to know your next move. They can kill you before you draw your wand. They also don't have to use a specific word to cast a spell. You know the word for water, and water is associated with the color blue, so you can make blue things. You can also make other liquids and even control animals that live in water. In fact one word in the magic tongue can do a lot of things depending on how imaginative you are. In my opinion an Inheritance wizard would kill a Potter wizard with minimal difficulty.

I'm starting to reconsider my choice.

#6 Edited by The Stegman (30084 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@the_stegman:

Inheritance magic would be better for killing and mayhem. Forget Avada Kedava, an Inheritance wizard can kill you by looking at you funny. They are also capable of monitoring the thoughts of everyone in a room and using it to know your next move. They can kill you before you draw your wand. They also don't have to use a specific word to cast a spell. You know the word for water, and water is associated with the color blue, so you can make blue things. You can also make other liquids and even control animals that live in water. In fact one word in the magic tongue can do a lot of things depending on how imaginative you are. In my opinion an Inheritance wizard would kill a Potter wizard with minimal difficulty.

I'm starting to reconsider my choice.

This isn't a battle though and I don't fight in my day to day life, I go to work, I go to school, I come home, I read comics, no life or death battles. So I really don't see how causing someone to explode with a thought would benefit me, however if I have a flat tire, or break my glasses, or get sick, I can easily remedy that with Harry Potter magics.

#7 Posted by jojjimbo (2541 posts) - - Show Bio

the magic in harry potter seems allot better for practical use. if something breaks there's is a spell for that. if plants aren't growing there is a spell for that. car trouble? why are you even messing with a car there is a broom over there.

This.

#8 Posted by Yokergeist (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry Potter magic because it seems like a lot more fun to use.

#9 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (27174 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle? Inheritance.

Practical use? Harry potter.

#10 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

Inheritance magic all the friggin' way.

Would I rather have convenience, or would I rather be able to convert matter into energy?

#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (20417 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care for Harry Potter, but I very much enjoyed Inheritance growing up. They get might vote.

On a side note - the ending sucked ass.

On another note - we need a movie series that doesn't suck ass.

#12 Edited by Kiara_Sullivan (29691 posts) - - Show Bio

I love HP. I started writing because of the books.

But in this case I choose Inheritance Magic. Simply because its more complicated. But it also allows you to do things in so many ways. Think it, put the words together properly, and tada its done. No stirring of spells or poisons needed.

#13 Edited by nightwing444 (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Inheritance is what you get when you give a spoilt 16 year old dorky rich kid his own publishing house to write off his geek fantasy opera while ripping off every single cliche in the genre .Which turned out to be so bad it was funny so I read it anyways as a guilty pleasure. The unoriginal-as -they come characters and hysterical attempt to use "epic language" made this one a fun read though Im not sure that's quite what the writer wanted. However the 4th book was the most incredible trainwreck I have ever seen in any medium rendering this childish attempt at a fantasy series unreadable ever again. Basically Eragon is thrash. (As well as a shameless ripoff of Aragorn)

Harry Potter is magic.

And though it does have its flaws come on admit it:which of us did not wait anticipatedly by the Door for Hagrid to break in when we turned 11? (Actually I waited till I was 13, hoping there was some mistake)

HP FTW

#14 Edited by blackwolf0925 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I know harry potter's magic is more practical, but when I really start to think about it I think that the wizards seem like the humans from Wall E. So I will go for the Inheritance magic.

#15 Posted by HeckTate (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

If I chose Harry Potter style magic do I have to live by their totally nonsensical rules/culture? Because I'd like to have magic and the basic comforts of electricity that I've grown accustomed to. I don't understand why the wizards only have candles and lit up wands instead of adopting light bulbs at the very least.

#16 Edited by Web_Flotsam (1131 posts) - - Show Bio
@hecktate said:

If I chose Harry Potter style magic do I have to live by their totally nonsensical rules/culture? Because I'd like to have magic and the basic comforts of electricity that I've grown accustomed to. I don't understand why the wizards only have candles and lit up wands instead of adopting light bulbs at the very least.

Because magic messes up technology.

Anyway, Harry Potter because Eragon magic draws from your life force.