Harry Potter death spell

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would armor or shields protect someone from Harry Potter's death spell?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside the HPverse and its rules, yes.

They say Avada Kedavra is instant death to anything. That is a no limits fallacy because no matter how powerful the wizard in HP, they are still just humans. If someone tried to tell me AK would one shot superhumans, or high tier magic users, I will proceed to laugh my ass off.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've heard people say that Avada would instantly kill anyone. It's just like Mario and the star. I need evidence that it could extinguish someone like Superman or even a terminator before I believe such a thing without question.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

It has a somatic component and is a projectile. So even if we assume it would work, someone could stop the user from speaking, or move out of the way of said spell.

And yes, all Wizards in HP are human, therefore it's conjecture on anything outside of their universe.

Mister Immortal would live from it, he can't be killed.

A Terminator isn't "alive" to begin with.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Well, shields have been proven to work against the spell in the universe. Voldemort's spell was rebounded on him by Harry's mom's love shield...thingy. Dunno about armor, but I want to say no.

As for the whole "will it kill other fictional characters" thing. Depends. The spell is set in the HP universe, it obeys those laws, putting someone like Superman into the mix is a variable we will never know the answer to. It's like when people ask "Will a Death Note kill Superman?" Well, technically, no, since it says the "human" whose name is written and he's an alien.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

"Will a Death Note kill Superman?" Well, technically, no, since it says the "human" whose name is written and he's an alien.
No Caption Provided

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: It has never shown the ability to kill anything other than humans or a fox. So supporters can't just go claiming it would one shot someone who is a significantly higher level magic being for example like Doctor Strange.

Believe me, I have seen people try to claim that it kills literally anything just because the book says so.