Harper Row As robin? (THEORY)

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperJedi17

Now i know what your thinking "But i've seen the B&R solicits for February,Marche,ETC" But there is no mention of damian in the solicits.So he could wind up dead in DOTF.And i know that the cover images have him on there,but what if those are just placeholders? And with the solicit for issue #18 It says"This is the batman and robin story of the year" "you dare not miss this issue". And i know that could just be them trying to get excitement up for the issues,but who knows?This happens to be the same month when harper row will make her return to batman in issue 18.Anyway it's just a theory.I'm not even a big harper row fan myself.But we'll see what happens,kinda fun to wonder while waiting between issues,no?

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By jsphsmth

@SuperJedi17: If Damian ends up dead it would be the result of something happening in Batman Inc. This seems to be Morrison's long-term plan and it will probably be the "epic" end to the tale he started in Batman and Son.

I do agree that it seem that Harper Row is being groomed for the next Robin spot. It seems like a good idea to have a female Robin. Carrie and Steph have opened up this possibility and it would be a nice change from the "all boys club." As long as Snyder is handling it, I think this Harper will be a great addition to the Bat-family.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SuperJedi17

@jsphsmth said:

@SuperJedi17: If Damian ends up dead it would be the result of something happening in Batman Inc. This seems to be Morrison's long-term plan and it will probably be the "epic" end to the tale he started in Batman and Son.

I do agree that it seem that Harper Row is being groomed for the next Robin spot. It seems like a good idea to have a female Robin. Carrie and Steph have opened up this possibility and it would be a nice change from the "all boys club." As long as Snyder is handling it, I think this Harper will be a great addition to the Bat-family.

I actually don't read INC. It just seems a tad strange for bruce to turn batman into a brand.It's just a theory anyway,and one i'm not 100% sure of.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Target_X

@SuperJedi17 said:

@jsphsmth said:

I actually don't read INC. It just seems a tad strange for bruce to turn batman into a brand.It's just a theory anyway,and one i'm not 100% sure of.

Agree 100% about Batman INC. being something that Batman wouldn't do!

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By jsphsmth

@Target_X said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@jsphsmth said:

It is completely fitting for the way Batman has been written for decades now. Even more so after the reboot. Denny O'Neil started the francise when he took over the editorial reigns in the late 80s, Azrael, Robin, Nightwing, etc. Morrison's creation of Batman Inc is the logical conclusion to realizing that he can't save Gotham alone. He knows that he can't save the world alone so why wouldn't he seek out, fund, and train similarly minded individuals in his war on crime? He has done so since the character was created.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Target_X

@jsphsmth said:

@Target_X said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@jsphsmth said:

It is completely fitting for the way Batman has been written for decades now. Even more so after the reboot. Denny O'Neil started the francise when he took over the editorial reigns in the late 80s, Azrael, Robin, Nightwing, etc. Morrison's creation of Batman Inc is the logical conclusion to realizing that he can't save Gotham alone. He knows that he can't save the world alone so why wouldn't he seek out, fund, and train similarly minded individuals in his war on crime? He has done so since the character was created.

I disagree. Yes, he has realized that he does need help, but he has been very resistant to it and often is portrayed as wanting very strict control over the actions of his 'partners'. Going global with a brand takes a lot of that specific control away from he. He can't keep a direct eye on all of them all the time and protect Gotham. I see your point, I just don't agree. In the end it's just differing views on the portrayal of the character though.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Mucklefluga

@Target_X said:

@jsphsmth said:

@Target_X said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@jsphsmth said:

I disagree. Yes, he has realized that he does need help, but he has been very resistant to it and often is portrayed as wanting very strict control over the actions of his 'partners'. Going global with a brand takes a lot of that specific control away from he. He can't keep a direct eye on all of them all the time and protect Gotham. I see your point, I just don't agree. In the end it's just differing views on the portrayal of the character though.

I agree COMPLETELY with ...

jsphsmth