Harley and Ivy relationship

jokersgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had this discussion with someone on a different forum, but I wanted to see what other people thought of it.

People think that Ivy is so much better than the Joker and I would have to disagree.

Harley gets abused by Ivy too.

Ivy is always losing her temper with Harley, she calls her stupid, she abandons her and/or blames her when something goes wrong, she calls her a screw-up, she yells at her, ignores her when distracted with other things and flat out hurts her feelings and takes advantage of her. She has gotten physical too. In the Gotham Adventures, Ivy strangles her and wrestles with her. No, Ivy has not tied Harley to a rocket and/or tried to kill her, but she IS mentally and sometimes physically abusive to Harley.

I feel people see that Ivy is a girl and she can't be abusive, or that it's not as bad as Joker and Harley. But abuse is abuse.

I can still think of plenty more to say, but I want your opinion.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sisters.

Beata

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Part of Harley's character is that emotional necessity. She needs to feel wanted and rationalizes her abuse because she's afraid to be alone.

Part of her Pre52 story was that growth to overcome that need, at least how I read it.

New 52 Harley I haven't honestly checked out.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Harley.

jokersgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Yes, Harley does seek the attention. She knows she can pull off the bimbo thing and she uses it to get what she wants. But Ivy says it herself - Harley is a doormat. She's just as much as a doormat to Ivy as she is to Joker.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harley should hook up with Creeper sometime, that I'd like to see.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@jokersgal: Like I said, part of what made her Pre52 story interesting was her overcoming that need for attention and becoming her own person.

I have no idea how New 52 Harley is portrayed, so I don't know if she's back to being the 'doormat' as you put it or if she's independent.

jokersgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: I know, I was just expanding on the first part of your response.

I kind of read N52H, but I honestly don't care for it, so I can't say whether or not she's independent.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@racob7: that could be cool depending on how Creeper is portrayed

I'd still day that Ivy is better as she actually cares about Harley.She is somewhat abusive though but then again she is a homicidal supervillainess.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I don't think they're lovers, but I don't think Ivy is abusive either. I think they have a sister relationship, what with Ivy as an older sister and Harley as a little sister. That's why seeing them in a romantic relationship is so creepy and stupid to me.

jokersgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crimsonmist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokersgal: HOOOOOOOOOO...... BOY, I want to talk about this too, I don't like this Idea too but for different reasons..

Not because their lesbians