Hallelujah! Michael Bay actually listens to the fans!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

OK this isn't a real miracle (not that I think they exist) but it's still remarkable given Bay's track record. From this IGN article, Bay commented on some news about his Ninja Turtles and Transformers 4 movies. Here's his Ninja Turtles news

"There was that quote saying that we're making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We're not. It's the ooze! It's from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they're going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great."

Well at least he isn't making aliens out of the Turtles. But with one step forward, Bay takes a mile's step back. Here's his quote on Transformers 4

"You know there are a couple of historians of Transformers," he said. "I would do my designs of the robots and they're like, 'What if you just add a little bit more ears to Optimus?' But they're really hands off. We've redesigned them in Transformers 4, and there's some really cool s*** in it. I'm literally redesigning every character, top to bottom. There's a reason why they're redesigned, but it's also to keep it new and fresh to me. I think the fans will appreciate some of this new stuff we have in the movie and some of the new characters."

So not much has changed. But at least we have confirmation the TMNT will no longer be aliens. Whether the film will be any good that's another story. What do you Viners think of this?

By the way, this is just a temporary article until the staff get wind of it.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Well at least he got the ooze part down. Still skeptical about Megan Fox though, and didn't they have a fall of before Transformers 3 was released?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 k4tzm4n  Moderator

So... what I was speculating all along and people were still screaming about? Alright, good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: That's my main worry along with who'll play Casey and the digital/CGI look of the Turtles and Splinter. And that leaked script which even though it was dumped was awful as s***. And according to the link, Transformers 4 is supposed to be out next June.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k4tzm4n  Moderator

The leaked script shouldn't even be a factor because they allege it's nothing like the final product.

As for the CGI, I'm happy with the decision to use motion capture.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Oh, cool. I was going to but I didn't want to be a jerk and overshadow you. I'll write it up now and give you credit.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Ah I was hoping you'd show up. I take it you'll write an article on this? And once it's up, I'll get this locked. I was just bringing it to the staff and Viner's attention.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lvenger:

Hmm. It's a step in the right direction. I guess. Kinda.

No, sod it. I don't trust him. I cannot shake the feeling that both films are gonna suck the big one. Trying not to decide anything before actually seeing them - seems a little dumb to do that - but still, I have the worst feeling about all of this O_O

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Oh, cool. I was going to but I didn't want to be a jerk and overshadow you. I'll write it up now and give you credit.

Aw that's kind but you don't have to. It's IGN you should credit really. I'm just the messenger.

@bumpyboo: I know but I've talked to Gregg about this plenty of times and he maintains trust in this being done right. Though the director of Wrath of the Titans and Transformers doesn't inspire the most confidence in me but hey I could be wrong. At least they're sticking to the source material.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger: I'm crediting moviefone (they're the original source I'm reading) and you for pointing it out to me. Thanks.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lvenger:

Oh absolutely, I have to give him credit for that. But he can do all the research he wants, he can know the Turtles inside out...and still he will be Michael Bay :P

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good of him to clarify on the Turtles stuff, and I see no problem with a redesign of the Transformers. I mean, really, how many different permutations of them have there been over the years?

Beast Wars, anyone?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: I know I know. All the Turtles are in my top 30 favourite comic book characters so I can't say I'm delighted with Bay directing them. Still at least he's not directing a Superman film. The day he directs a Superman film

No Caption Provided

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna wait until I at least see an official preview before I make any judgements. Looks like this movie could go either way at the moment.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lvenger:

That probably explains a lot, Turtles are more like top ten or even five for me. I already feel like that! They are my Supes! *dons hockey stick and vest, sulks in sewers* ;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: If things turn out for the worse, we could always sneak into Bay's office ninja style and force him to change it. Not a bad idea eh? ;)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lvenger:

I don't think I could be trusted to spare him O_O

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lvenger:

Yeah...an accident. That's right. I was making him a sandwich. Yeah O_O And the floor was wet. I was slicing cheese, he slipped on the wet tiles, and landed right on my knife.

Eighteen times O_O

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#21  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Good news for TMNT(a real surprise) and for Transformers...Typical as always.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@bumpyboo: Can't be more accidental than that can you? ;P

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lvenger: I am sure the justice system will concur ;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: See plan sorted. That is if worse comes to worse and the teaser trailer looks bad. And we can coordinate our plan well. I mean England's not that far from Wales :P

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lvenger:

Exactly. We can rendezvous at a halfway point and go from there! He is DOOMED >:D

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I remember saying something about wait for the finished product to judge...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lvenger
frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By frogdog

Bay couldn't even get transformers right

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I doubt its any meaningful changes, at least for transformers. anyways. Bay keeps saying he's going to try to use the original material, but really doesn't. The only meaningful piece from the original material is the story from transformer 3, because thats based on a g1 cartoon.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Aw that's kind but you don't have to. It's IGN you should credit really. I'm just the messenger.

@bumpyboo: I know but I've talked to Gregg about this plenty of times and he maintains trust in this being done right. Though the director of Wrath of the Titans and Transformers doesn't inspire the most confidence in me but hey I could be wrong. At least they're sticking to the source material.

Whoa there, tiger! I'm hopeful it'll at least serve as good popcorn entertainment, but I can't say that with full confidence until we at least see a trailer!