GUESS The shamelessly pro marvel website...

• 90 results
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I actually thought that the comments on Newsarama were far more shameless,further reinforced my opinion about comic fans being morons.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jaken7 said:

@manchine: Meh, looks more like a horseshoe than a U.

The S didn't look like a very good S either. =)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@manchine: Sh-shaddup!

You with your good points...

Humph!

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By DarthAznable

@vitalius said:

@darthaznable:

1- Most fans and people dont care about changes specially on iconic characters.

2- Superman killing enemies (General Zod)

I hardly care about the Zod dying. Definitely left a different kind of impact.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I actually thought that the comments on Newsarama were far more shameless,further reinforced my opinion about comic fans being morons.

You don't like comics? :p

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

Ultra Man of Steel was DECENT but didn't feel like a superman movie. To me Super Returns was far superior.

I agree.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

MARVEL YOUR UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@darthaznable:

It just about Superman killing part that people hate. I liked because end the problem of Zod, the guy wanted to tansform Earth into New krypto and probably killing all life forms of Earth while doing it (In one movie he saved all living life forms on Eath and Earth itself). Plus Superman has two dad where Alien dad says dont kill people and Earth dad says let people die.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Am I the only one that liked Man of Steel here? I mean yes the ending was questionable but I wouldn't have asked for a better Superman movie yet that finally showcases how he really fights on screen really well. And its on track with slight reference current events right now given that Supes did just kill a villain again in Trinity War right (under external influence of course)?

No..it's a polarizing movie. Not just in comic forms, but everywhere. People love it, people hate it, and everything else in between in about equal amounts. Even on CV, the first review called it "Best Comic movie ever"..then G-Man, speaking for those wrote a review giving it only 3 stars. I personally loved it, but can understand why some folks don't.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@darthaznable:

It just about Superman killing part that people hate. I liked because end the problem of Zod, the guy wanted to tansform Earth into New krypto and probably killing all life forms of Earth while doing it (In one movie he saved all living life forms on Eath and Earth itself). Plus Superman has two dad where Alien dad says dont kill people and Earth dad says let people die.

In that position though, what do people expect him to do? If it were in a comic, he would have done the same thing. I also love how people blame all the destruction on Superman. Batman has killed in prior movies yet people let that fly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wolverine008

@rustyroy said:

@daiohnysis: Still better than MoS, MoS is complete shit.

That hit Henry Cavil's Superman right in his feels!

No Caption Provided

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: yeah, I'd much prefer to watch Singerman boringly do nothing besides stalk Lois, who had his bastard child from their pre-marital dalliance. And ppl says MOS is outta character............

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: yeah, I'd much prefer to watch Singerman boringly do nothing besides stalk Lois, who had his bastard child from their pre-marital dalliance. And ppl says MOS is outta character............

MOS Superman has swag.

No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS Superman has swag.

No Caption Provided

Because you're an idiot Clark.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

That would be the Dark Knight Series.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RustyRoy
Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rotten tomatoes...

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@transformers1024: I think you meant "couldn't care less" right? I loved the movie so I most definitely could care less.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

I thought this was about Comic book movie that site is so pro-Marvel. Again nothing against Marvel but it goes overboard.

Can you blame them, there's hardly any DC movie news to write about. And most of the users like DC.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh I liked MOS but people have their disagreements about the film so I'm not surprised about it not being on the list. And you did see that the Nolan trilogy is in the top spot? so three DC films at number one???

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: MOS has the MOST awesome, perfect, superpowered battle in cinematic history. And that's no exaggeration. That IS what happens when FOUR supermen battle it out in the middle of a city or town. I DARE anyone to list a better looking and choreographed fight. And that ending of MOS is so underrated. It was not a Scooby Doo ending. The villain doesn't get handcuffed and taken to heaven after killing thousands. It was as real as it could get. Villain says "I won't stop".... hero does what he had to. MOS is ahead of its time man, IMO.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Man of Steel is a VERY polarizing movie, so I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't make everyone's top 10 list.

This. MoS has the largest dichotomy of opinions of any comic book movie. You can't expect it to be on every nice list.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@manchine said:

@rustyroy said:

That would be the Dark Knight Series.

Nope.

It could be the worst Superhero movie.... Watchmen.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FearTheLiving

Man of Steel was alright. The Christ stuff was a bit too much, Pa Kent's death was just stupid, the ad placement, JorEl beating the snot out of Zod even though he was bred to be a scientist, the awkward Holocaust kiss, and how quickly Zod's flock mastered their abilities yet took Clark years.

So yeah Man of Steel won't be in my top 10 anytime soon, but there is also the fact that I'm not a big Superman fan so I probably don't appreciate it as much as people who are.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: lol that's bull$&)t. we got a newsarama employee here.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: What are you referring to? My comment about the product placement? That's fact, look it up. I could post 8 links if you needed.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mediocregeist: I didn't mean that the entire film critic industry has a bias towards Marvel (although there is some evidence to suggest that), what I meant was in regards to when you said "Rotten Tomatoes," and RT is literally representative of the entire film critic industry.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiohnysis said:

MOS Superman has swag.

No Caption Provided

THIS WAS MY ONE PROBLEM WITH THE FILM! WHY THE F#CK DIDN'T HE SAVE HIS DAD??

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

lol at this thread turning into a Man of Steel thread.

Anyway...Man of Steel was awesome!
Dat Faora...

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Didn't like the Dark Knight trilogy too much. I find it really difficult to re-watch them. Plus I hate the whole "realism" crap.

Green Lantern sucked hard...

Man of Steel was great the first time I watched it, but re-watching it is something I just can't accomplish. Looking back I really don't like the story too much. Hated that Clark let his dad die. That was just idiotic. On the bright side the action was top notch,

Man of Steel 2....I mean Batman... Wait no it's Batman vs Superman! WAIT!!! What I really mean 'Justice League Lite' has yet to impress me. Plus I HATE the fact Eisenberg as a tattooed street gang Lex Luthor. Hate the idea of Affleck as Batman. Although I will admit that I think Jeremy Irons is going to kill it as Alfred!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By JakeN7

@bflynn316: Beecuz then thay wud kno hiz seeeeecret idenity and haet him fur beeing awsum.

*rolls eyes*

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: Because he had too much swag for that! Saving his pops would hurt his street cred!

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@bflynn316:

they explained it very thoroughly in the film....very plainly, Ill shorten it. his dad standing his ground on his principles so much, to allow himself to die, is enough for Superman to uphold those same principles for so long, even though it was not always the easiest thing to do. if thats not good enough for you...the shortest answer is.

PATHOS.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By bflynn316

@bflynn316:

they explained it very thoroughly in the film....very plainly, Ill shorten it. his dad standing his ground on his principles so much, to allow himself to die, is enough for Superman to uphold those same principles for so long, even though it was not always the easiest thing to do. if thats not good enough for you...the shortest answer is.

PATHOS.

When did they explain that in the film? And ok yeah yeah principles, but why needlessly throw your life away just to prove a point to your son. Clark could've been like "Oh ok I get it now, here let me save you though."

@jaken7 said:

@bflynn316: Beecuz then thay wud kno hiz seeeeecret idenity and haet him fur beeing awsum.

*rolls eyes*

Would they have recognized him at the speed he moves?

@bflynn316: Because he had too much swag for that! Saving his pops would hurt his street cred!

Well this is probably the real reason :P every hero needs a tradgedy

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: MOS has the MOST awesome, perfect, superpowered battle in cinematic history. And that's no exaggeration. That IS what happens when FOUR supermen battle it out in the middle of a city or town. I DARE anyone to list a better looking and choreographed fight. And that ending of MOS is so underrated. It was not a Scooby Doo ending. The villain doesn't get handcuffed and taken to heaven after killing thousands. It was as real as it could get. Villain says "I won't stop".... hero does what he had to. MOS is ahead of its time man, IMO.

Well said!