• 89 results
#1 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess which comic book website is so damn pro marvel that it makes up lists of of 'greatest comic book based movies' and doesn't list MOS as a top ten and is quick to list CAWS as a top ten already. Is quick to ignore those attrocious marvel animated movies and doesn't even bother to review them, knowing full well how aweful they are. This website I'm talking about has a 'top ten' list fetish and lacks true writers and objective journalism integrity!! Come on, just one guess!

#2 Edited by Moonie (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Man of Steel was a good movie. :3

#3 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8724 posts) - - Show Bio

Newsrama.

#4 Edited by Wolverine08 (42503 posts) - - Show Bio

U mad OP?

#5 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1836 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8724 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine? Hahaha...don't ban me.

#8 Posted by cdiddyman911 (2531 posts) - - Show Bio

Cuz near every avengers movie is over MOS. Dc makes good video games, not movies tho(with exception of dark knight trilogy)

#9 Posted by Jphu8414 (3760 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate that website...and not because it's Marvel biased either

#10 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8724 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine? Hahaha...don't ban me.

Comicvine has a top ten list fetish?

#11 Edited by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: Your accusation doesn't make sense since they put the Nolan Batman trilogy at the top.

Newsrama.

This. But also, Winter Soldier deserves to be, and Man of Steel does not.

#12 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (44462 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you talking about this list?

http://www.newsarama.com/15376-10-best-comic-book-based-movies-of-all-time.html

I mean, they listed a DC movie(s) as number one. Man of Steel is a VERY polarizing movie, so I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't make everyone's top 10 list.

Staff
#14 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8724 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill:

We have a lot of lists.

He means the staff of the website.

@jaken7 said:

@blackdog2009: Your accusation doesn't make sense since they put the Nolan Batman trilogy at the top.

@dagmar_merrill said:

Newsrama.

This. But also, Winter Soldier deserves to be, and Man of Steel does not.

I really liked MoS but I wouldn't say it was top ten. Haven't seen WS.

#15 Posted by Moonie (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Seeing that list now, the OP's accusations make even less sense. I do agree about the somewhat premature addition of TWS, though.

#16 Posted by youknowwhattodo (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's say Newsrama is pro-Marvel, who cares?

#17 Posted by TheSpydir (5 posts) - - Show Bio

is the answer Marvel.com?

#18 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8724 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

I mean, they listed a DC movie(s) as number one. Man of Steel is a VERY polarizing movie, so I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't make everyone's top 10 list.

That list is missing Howard the Duck. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

#19 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

That list is missing Howard the Duck. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

#20 Posted by Transformers1024 (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm the only person that could care less for Man of Steel

#21 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't anyone gets upset that Fantagraphics movies never make these lists?

#22 Posted by Moonie (48 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by aquaman01 (1472 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm the only person that could care less for Man of Steel

lol I think many people in this thread would agree with you

Of course, I loved MoS and surprised it isn't in top 10. Mind you, Cap 2 is WAY better, so not arguing about that.

#24 Edited by Bierschneeman (3987 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier DOES belong on the top ten...have you seen it?

my personal list goes as thus.

1. Man of Steel/ Cap A Winter Soldier (when the movie comes out on video I can readdress this and figure out who deserves the top spot.)

3. The Dark Knight (this drops to number five frequently but Im really digging it right now.)

4. Cap A First Avenger

5. Iron Man

#25 Posted by Bierschneeman (3987 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009:

didn't get that far... as soon as I saw 300 was on their top ten list... I knew it was bogus..

(also Man of Steel and Cap 2 are tied for 1st place in my brain.)

#26 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was about Comic book movie that site is so pro-Marvel. Again nothing against Marvel but it goes overboard.

#27 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

K4tz is on point as usual.

#28 Edited by nintendork666 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't anyone gets upset that Fantagraphics movies never make these lists?

#29 Edited by Saren (25687 posts) - - Show Bio

This is somewhat ironic given the amount of hate and allegations of being a "DC shill" David Pepose got for his often scathing Best Shots reviews of the Infinity tie-ins.

#30 Posted by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: I can't believe you put Sears of Steel on par with Winter Soldier and above Dark Knight. It was a long, boring commercial. It had more product placement than any film ever. In history.

#32 Posted by VanderSEXXX (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that liked Man of Steel here? I mean yes the ending was questionable but I wouldn't have asked for a better Superman movie yet that finally showcases how he really fights on screen really well. And its on track with slight reference current events right now given that Supes did just kill a villain again in Trinity War right (under external influence of course)?

#33 Edited by Bierschneeman (3987 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@bierschneeman: I can't believe you put Sears of Steel on par with Winter Soldier and above Dark Knight. It was a long, boring commercial. It had more product placement than any film ever. In history.

we have had this argument before, though this is the first time I have heard....seen you talk type about your complaint about more product placements.

I actually didn't notice to be completely honest. when I watched it a second time, I saw like 3 or 4. now that I know they are there I guess I have to watch it again.

personally I think if they are just background noise it can't be that bad. its when its a shameless plug, like having a character talk about the product. having them interact with it fully, making it blatant. Like Fed-Ex in Cast AWAy or Recees in ET, Nike in Back to the Future, I Robot and whatever shoe that is, Mini Coops in ITalian Job and man was Talkboy in Home Alone 2 the most shameless adevertising I have ever seen.

There are so Many truly awful advertisments paraded in films, when they are just there, with little to no interaction or reference... thats not that bad, just because actor 'x' is drinking a Fat Tire, doesn't make me want to scream at the screen, its sooo much better than the alternative which we have seen... torn off labels or covered up labels with ridicules logos. I notice the director specifically avoiding labels and items more often than I notice these just happening to be in the background. I have a hard time as well finding movies without branding in the scenes these days (if I bother to look) and More specifically, I found that the raw emotion expressed (and writing talent and set design and graphics and...) in MOS (impressive enough to engross me in the plot, and ignore the product placements) to be far superior to TDK which generally had most of the actors kind of, emotionless. I think it says something when in TDK both the supporting actor and the Antagonist (Jim Gordon and Joker) make more of a presence and have better acting ...*calculon pose* TALENT!!! while in MOS the best actor on the screen was the title character He excuded presence,... with ZOD and both fathers up there right after him. once you get passed Jim Gordon and Joker the acting damatically drops until you finally end up at the low point....Dents fiance... the least of actors in MOS....Lois Lane, who was far superior an actress than Dent's Fiance. (not saying it was great, just mentioning that the worst of MOS is better than the Worst of TDK.

my point,, I didn't even notice... were you looking for it to fail? is that why you noticed?

#34 Edited by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: Nah, I was expecting it to be the second coming of Movie Jesus and an amazing start to the DCCU. That's why it failed in my eyes.

It had $160,000,000 dollars (nearly its budget made up) worth of product placement across 94 different commercial deals with 94 different companies. I couldn't ignore it if I wanted too. I've called it Sears of Steel before because that's the one that bugged me the most. The Sears sign in the store or a product inside it was always just on the edge of the screen during that fight. They framed their f***ing fight scene around their product placement. If the film somehow was released with all those egregious placements taken out, I would've loved it a lot more. It really pissed me off when they made Snyder defend it. He pretended it was his idea and that he wanted to give it realism and showcase a "real American" company in the movie.

Ihop, Sears, Nokia, 91 others. Seems like he couldn't decide on just one company...

#35 Posted by Darling_Luna (4134 posts) - - Show Bio

Kamen Rider Faiz:Paradise lost is the best super hero movie *hides*

#36 Posted by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Darling_Luna (4134 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Bierschneeman (3987 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7:

MOVIE JESUS....turns soda into beer...and popcorn into....hot wings? pizza?giant preztels? lol.

yes.... those are the ones I noticed when I watched it the seocond time... (except instead of Nokia, Budweiser... I don't pay attention to phones at all, cause I just don't care and couldn't even tell you the brand of my phone without looking. However as a brewer, I have a tendancy to notice what beer is on the silverscreen, even when its obvious they are trying to cover up the label.)

I can see what you mean now... and I understand your position even more than before. I guess we needed one more argument. but I still don't see it as bad as you do, to me its just background noise... now If they had a whole conversation about "hey what phone you got" or had Clark Kent working at LOWES.... that would irk me. plot devices should NEVER BE a product placement... products belong in the background.

Im glad to have more understanding of your side of the argument *Shake*

#39 Edited by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: Your description of Movie Jesus is perfect.

Fair enough man, glad to hear you see where I'm coming from.

*grabs outstretched hand with both hands and shakes heartily*

#40 Posted by Chibi_cute (4545 posts) - - Show Bio

the list is crap anyway..

there is no blade,hellboy, Vendetta , Watchmen. and yet Amazing spiderman is included on the list? WTF

#41 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also say Yahoo is shamelessly pro marvel. Every time I go to their home page to check my email, there is some article always up advocating for marvel flix. Im starting to think disney owns them.

#42 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently this site has a DC bias so I'm not surprised angry Internet haters are quick to find a site which has a Marvel bias.

#43 Posted by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

They've got 5 DC movies and 6 WB movies on their list, I don't see how that makes them pro Marvel. And MoS wasn't that good, I'm surprised at the lack of V, Watchmen, Blade, Hellboy I and II, A History of Violence and Road to Perdition, at least one of these movies should've made the top 10 list.

#44 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4453 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5065 posts) - - Show Bio

Wah Wah Wah! crybabies.

#46 Posted by DarthAznable (7001 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Man of Steel but I understand why people disliked and/or hated it.

#47 Posted by Vitalius (1948 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonie:

Captain America (first movie) wasnt that good as people defend it.

#48 Posted by Vitalius (1948 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable:

1- Most fans and people dont care about changes specially on iconic characters.

2- Superman killing enemies (General Zod)

#49 Edited by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultra Man of Steel was DECENT but didn't feel like a superman movie. To me Super Returns was far superior.

#50 Posted by JakeN7 (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine: Meh, looks more like a horseshoe than a U.