Guardians of the Galaxy movie

Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Star_Lord

So, IGN apparently confirmed the making of the GotG movie. Slated for release in 2014. And supposedly taking place to tie in with Avengers 2, where *SPOILER* Thanos will be the villain. So whats everyone think?

Guardians of the Galaxy - Annihilators #4
Guardians of the Galaxy - Annihilators #4
Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I love the Guardians of the Galaxy and I'm super excited to see a movie for them (especially if it's the lineup shown above) but I imagine people are gonna be tired of superhero movies by the time this comes out. Even though this could be leagues beyond the avengers if done right.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

It should be more of a science-fantasy film, centered around a rag-tag group of strange and compelling characters that travel back in time to fight a threat bigger and badder than anything we've seen so far in the MCU. It could be amazing if done properly.

Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Star_Lord

@Illuminatus said:

It should be more of a science-fantasy film, centered around a rag-tag group of strange and compelling characters that travel back in time to fight a threat bigger and badder than anything we've seen so far in the MCU. It could be amazing if done properly.

Apparently Thanos is going to be the villain in this film also. Although it may be something like the Avengers, where he was off screen, but still the conductor of the whole show. And then its going to lead into the Avengers 2 where they take on Thanos. So we could end up seeing GotG and the Avengers vs Thanos. Pretty cool. Not to mention, it was green lit because the script is supposedly so good that they put it ahead of other projects they have hidden, keeping my fingers crossed.@TheWitchingHour said:

I love the Guardians of the Galaxy and I'm super excited to see a movie for them (especially if it's the lineup shown above) but I imagine people are gonna be tired of superhero movies by the time this comes out. Even though this could be leagues beyond the avengers if done right.

You say that like the Avengers was bad. But I see what you are saying, it could be superb if done properly.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Star_Lord:

The Avengers wasn't bad at all. In fact I thought it was good. But it could have been great and should have been great. Given the expectations and limitations placed on Joss Whedon and the actors I have no real complaints. But I do think Guardians of the Galaxy has more potential to be a fantastic standalone movie as opposed to a fantastic comic book movie.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deadite

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

They should really make an Annihaltors movie, i would love this very much!! Or even a Galactus and Heralds movie!!

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@jeanroygrant: I wouldn't fret, some of these guys are probably going to be in the movie.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@jeanroygrant: I wouldn't fret, some of these guys are probably going to be in the movie.

Hopefully.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Loki9876

I heard Nova would be in it. So I would want Quasar (the original), Nova, Star-lord, Rocket Racoon,Groot and Adam Warlock.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#11  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

ooooh yeah! now we're talkin!!!!! this is exactly 100 percent right up my alley!!! @jeanroygrant: those scans are exactly what i was thinking!!!!

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ThatThorFan

It has a green light I believe or is seriously being considered! Kind of excited! :D

It all adds up though! Thanos at the end of the Avengers.... GoG and Thanos have a history.

It shows Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Groot, and Drax. Just saying, Groot and Rocket Raccoon better not die.... they better also have a kickass moment.... and also they better show that they share a strong bond!

I am sure more characters will be added. It will ultimately end with Drax dying I bet. Sort of like the Ironhide in T3. The badass always dies. :(

But I am actually excited! CANT WAIT!

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strongarm
have a gillian
have a gillian

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sfx and comedy look awful

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

I know man. I remember everyone saying how cool the trailer was and I was like wtf. The jjokes are corny as hell. I couldn't grasp how people thought it was funny at all. Its going to be one big joke of a movie with crappy one liners the entire time. Horrible exp expectations so far. I'm going to watch it only for a glimpse of thanos or ultron at the end.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FearTheLiving
In all seriousness you're entitled to your opinions but I disagree with them entirely.
In all seriousness you're entitled to your opinions but I disagree with them entirely.

@bsaa: @those_eyes:

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa: @those_eyes:

I'm not going to make a final judgmenton the movie until I watch it but what exactly did you like about the trialer? What was good about it in your opinion?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Pretty tired so not going to go into it too much, but it just looks like a fun time, brings a new playing field to the MCU with a space adventure, and the sets and props are amazing. Not to mention a great cast and an awesome director (Slither is one of my favorite movies). To top it all off it reminds me of Marvel's version of Firefly.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Pretty tired so not going to go into it too much, but it just looks like a fun time, brings a new playing field to the MCU with a space adventure, and the sets and props are amazing. Not to mention a great cast and an awesome director (Slither is one of my favorite movies). To top it all off it reminds me of Marvel's version of Firefly.

It is a deviation from the normal superhero movies. The action does look decent but my main gripe is the comedy aspect of it. I like comedy in movies but this one just looks like it will fall flat in that aspect. Idk if it's just your sense of humor that makes you think it's funny but for me the jokes are corny and rocket racoon looks extremely cgi. But as I said I won't make a final decision since the movie may actually be good.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

I know man. I remember everyone saying how cool the trailer was and I was like wtf. The jjokes are corny as hell. I couldn't grasp how people thought it was funny at all. Its going to be one big joke of a movie with crappy one liners the entire time. Horrible exp expectations so far. I'm going to watch it only for a glimpse of thanos or ultron at the end.

I'm with you on this. I think it looks pretty bad, but like you, I know we can't go on trailers alone. The trailers for Spider-Man 3 looked really cool, and I was psyched....then I saw Spider-Man 3. I remember thinking the trailer for Iron Man looked kinda campy and lame, but then I saw Iron Man, so you never know.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I'm excited for this.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Wolverine008
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything:

I'm excited for this.

Does anyone else think Ronan's hammer will have one of the infinity gems in it? Its supposed to tie in with thanos somehow. Also the collector is supposed to be visited by thanos I heard.