Guardians of the Galaxy Help!!

josef22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By josef22

Hey guys! I have posted before about my lack of knowledge of comics and I am trying to get better but I need some help again! The trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy came out a few days ago and before it comes out I really want to get to know the characters before the movie come out. I have tried to look them up online and I have gotten a lot of mixed opinions of where to start. Where do you guys suggest I start so I can get a little bit of a origin story for the guardians I am also more looking for tradebacks than specific issuses because they are a little easier to get ahold of. If you could include a ISBN also that would be great but I wont push my luck. :) Thanks guys!!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Part of why you're most likely getting mixed results with your inquiries is a lack of specificity, and a convoluted history to the Guardians and Cosmic Marvel in general. There's been multiple teams going back decades that have almost no bearing to the more contemporary ones.

If you want to dive into the contemporary Cosmic Marvel, here is the order:

http://i.imgur.com/FUM3v.jpg

You'll learn a great deal about the characters that are likely to show up in the upcoming GotG film, and any future Cosmic endeavors on the part of Marvel/Disney.

The DnA run on the GotG has been lauded as the biggest influence for the film, and you'll likely find that on just about any e-commerce website selling trades.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@josef22:

Part of why you're most likely getting mixed results with your inquiries is a lack of specificity, and a convoluted history to the Guardians and Cosmic Marvel in general. There's been multiple teams going back decades that have almost no bearing to the more contemporary ones.

You'll learn a great deal about the characters that are likely to show up in the upcoming GotG film, and any future Cosmic endeavors on the part of Marvel/Disney.

The DnA run on the GotG has been hailed as the biggest influence for the film, and you'll likely find that on just about any e-commerce website selling trades.

Yep, this is pretty much all you need to know

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I don't know why... but I wish they had gone with Matthew Mcconaughey

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thank you, /co/.

The DnA run on the GotG has been lauded as the biggest influence for the film, and you'll likely find that on just about any e-commerce website selling trades.

The trades are actually out of print :) But there ultimate collections coming out in August.

BB

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@billy_batson: Even if they're out of print, you'll likely be able to find them online/in comic shops.