• 160 results
kevinwalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By kevinwalsh

Its good to see subtlety and conserved judgment with the reactions to this news. Seriously so funny the frustration and anger people go through with each new Marvel announcement. "I just want the SAME GUY as the SAME CHARACTER doing the SAME STUFF". Also some good transgender comments too, would love to hear their nuanced thoughts on race in comics.

hiddeninhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a much better title than "The All-New All-Different Hulk" would be, to be honest. Let's just hope they won't combine these two one danged day.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS.

Seriously some days it feels like they are combing through these forums for controversial* ideas.

*read seriously hated

Nwtrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Nwtrocks

@earthsmightiest: Don't know if Cho would be this "Totally awesome" Hulk who loves it and smashes things relentlessly and enjoys every second. Possible, however.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its good to see subtlety and conserved judgment with the reactions to this news. Seriously so funny the frustration and anger people go through with each new Marvel announcement. "I just want the SAME GUY as the SAME CHARACTER doing the SAME STUFF". Also some good transgender comments too, would love to hear their nuanced thoughts on race in comics.

I am not gonna speak for others here. I am just gonna that i have literally no problems with any gender or race in comics... Some of my favorite characters in literally all genres even outside of comics are of different race and gender, so don't group everyone here as being some kind of bigots just because they don't want to see a guy that has been the Hulk for over half a century suddenly not be. So again the more diverse characters the better but the problem i have is with them taking away pre-existing characters and changing their sexuality and race for what reason exactly? Yes i want Hulk to be Banner going through different incarnations of the Hulk(because that's the whole point of Hulk he has potential for limitless personalities in him) doing all kinds of stuff, is that inherently bad? I think Stan Lee said it best.

No Caption Provided

You wanna a new Hulk, create a new Hulk. What's the problem? We already have Red Hulk, She Hulk, Savage She Hulk, Red She Hulk, A-bomb, Skaar... what's wrong with them? Why dismantle the original guy and build him from the ground up tearing away 60 years of history? What is Hulk without Banner and vice versa?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounds like another gimmick. How come publishers are resorting to these poorly thought out, desperate gimmicks these days? I'd rather the book wasn't published at all than it be an irritating mess that attempts to retcon 50 years of history.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

A certain Norse god who does not appear to have a book of his own also happens to have a half-uru left arm. I can't imagine that the three words that Pak says brought him back were "Cho is Hulk," though "Thor is Hulk" would certainly light up the face of a guy who has played in the Marvel toy box for years and years. Get Hype.

Yes, thank you for suggesting Thor. I was scrolling to see if anyone said it yet. That would be two powerhouses in one! I wonder if we're suppose to take "frail shoulders" literally though.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@goonage said:

Random question- But I'm almost 100% certain that previous interviews stated the new Hulk will be female?

Maybe it's possible that the cover is lying and the "Hulk" on it will somehow get replaced?

I think one announcement said something like "everyone who likes the new Thor will like what is happening with Hulk." Maybe just that someone takes on a mantle, but they use the new Thor reference to catch people's attention.

eliottsworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk5: my money is on old Thor becoming Hulk. I remember them saying that people that hated the new Thor would hate this. It makes sense to me.

GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The name is obviously a spoof. It is probably Thor, Cho, a new character, or it is Ra's Al Ghul's nemesis, BATMAN!

Muahahahajajajaja

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

First, All-New, All-Different. Now this...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@atheistknowledge: You do know the Stan Lee was talking about tchanging a specific character and not a new character taking an old characters mantle right? He's been promoting the changes on his site.

badaboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So maybe I've been out of touch with all previous news of this one fact, but I feel like this is the first time I've seen it - the 'All-New, All-Different' Marvel Universe will take place 8 months after Secret Wars? Is this correct?

Would appreciate any info anyone can offer, thanks.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@atheistknowledge: You do know the Stan Lee was talking about tchanging a specific character and not a new character taking an old characters mantle right? He's been promoting the changes on his site.

Hulk is a mantle now? You do realize Hulk is Banner? The 2 are tied directly to one another and Banner already had Hulk inside him even before the gamma bomb hit him. What Stan Lee was saying is create new heroes just like we have other Hulks, not change the original. It's ok to have other Captain Americas, it's ok to have other Spidermen. It's not ok to make Steve Rogers gay or Asian or have Peter Parker be black. Of course you can do it in alternate universes but for 616 the characters themselves should stay what they are and if you know anything about the Hulk you would know that there is no Hulk without Banner, Hulk is born out of Banners emotions and suffering, he is directly tied to his persona. In fact Greg Pak himself revealed at the end of his Hulk run after Planet Hulk, WWH, Hearth of Monster and all of that he revealed that Banner was behind it all, all along. Banner himself was Hulk.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I'm not talking about Hulk specifically (although we have had non Banner hulks before) I'm simply making sure you know what Stan was talking about .

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Well i am and yes we have had non Banner Hulks before we still do(She Hulk, Red Hulk, etc..) but the original Hulk was never anyone else but Banner himself. Yes i know what he was talking about he got attacked by some SJW's because they took one of his statements out of context when he said Peter Parker should not be black or gay. They thought he meant no Spiderman ever should be black or gay.

However i was using his statement to help my context. I am all for new characters of all races, genders and whatever but i am against changing already existing characters. And by that i don't mean no one else can be Captain America i mean Steve Rogers should not be anyone else but himself whether he is currently Cap or not he is a blue eyed, blond hair, white guy that fought the Nazis, you get what i am trying to say?

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Clearly it's harpoon hand Aquaman!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I really don't understand what the problem is. Are you thinking that this new Hulk being presented as the same Hulk as the original. It seems that they are going out if their way to show that this in fact a different person and a different Hulk. Banner is presumably still Banner and the original hulk is still very much connected to banner. This hulk doesn't seem to be an alternate personality but more like a She-hulk situation. Are you upset that Banner isn't the Hulk getting the spotlight? Basically this whole thing seems like a non-issue. Everybody knows Banner is the original hulk and that won't change based on one book, about a different character.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I really don't understand what the problem is. Are you thinking that this new Hulk being presented as the same Hulk as the original. It seems that they are going out if their way to show that this in fact a different person and a different Hulk. Banner is presumably still Banner and the original hulk is still very much connected to banner. This hulk doesn't seem to be an alternate personality but more like a She-hulk situation. Are you upset that Banner isn't the Hulk getting the spotlight? Basically this whole thing seems like a non-issue. Everybody knows Banner is the original hulk and that won't change based on one book, about a different character.

I agree, people are overreacting. It's clearly a Hulk, not The Hulk. It's fun to speculate though. In hindsight it's probably Amadeus Cho, with him being a member of the cast in Hulk books and the attitude seems to match. However he was hulked-out once and gamma boosted his brain to the point that he was able to bend reality with his mind. So continuity hiccup here. Coulson suggestion is funny, considering another preview where he dosed himself with Mr. Hide serum.

By the way, is Hercules still depowered? He probably would like being a Hulk.

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll check it out with Pak writing, but I'd rather the title was "All New All Different Totally Tubular Hulkster".

lol'd.

Well, as long as Pak's the writer, I'm in. I hope it won't be as bad as the title suggests.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally Awesome Hulk? Seriously?

Is this going to be like Agent of S.M.A.S.H.?

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@donfelipe said:

It's a much better title than "The All-New All-Different Hulk" would be, to be honest. Let's just hope they won't combine these two one danged day.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS.

Seriously some days it feels like they are combing through these forums for controversial* ideas.

*read seriously hated

Aw, man! Just when I was about to get seriously creative. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Amadeus Cho as a Hulk? Hmm. Could be interesting.

Pak writing is a good thing. Frank Cho drawing not so much. I'm sure he'll get Sheena involved in some way for cheese cake's sake which might soften the blow for some fans and/or entice others. As long as he stays away from my She-Hulk, I'm good.

I might be in for the first few issues, at least. Hopefully we'll get more previews soon.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#127  Edited By jhazzroucher

It's Hercules

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

But I hope it's Luke Cage.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

The problem is, that the "concept" of the Hulk, or the very foundation of that persona is being thrown out the window. I already had my problems with the Red Hulk and all the other crazy crap they started up way back then, but for a time these new variations grew on me because Ross, Betty and Rick did not demean the position of the one and original. Hulk, was still THE Hulk. Now given that they've compared what's happening to Hulk to what happened to Thor recently, you can understand why many of us fans aren't particularly happy. The great thing about this character is that you don't need to replace him, since you can create a new incarnation and pick it up from there. Or at the very least, try to come up with a way to create a new status for Hulk, something that hasn't been done before. I mean, this is a protagonist who gone from being a Gangster/ leg breaker in Las Vegas to being the warlord/king of an alien planet. Hulk has the luxury to be flexible, something other characters falter in.

But okay, fine, it does bother me that Banner isn't in the spotlight, but f*ck it, I can get behind a new Hulk, as long as it is done right. However, here's the thing. They aren't even approaching the situation correctly. Hulk can blend with many tones but the core concept is that being the Hulk is just as much as a curse as it is a blessing. Bruce Banner knows this and he doesn't joke with it, so even when we have a fun story of Hulk smashing the living shit out of something, it's still takes place under the notion that Hulk is dangerous. He's an engine of destruction, he can be indestructible, incredible, mindless, and so on and on but the fact that Hulk's story is a tragedy never really changes. Don't get me wrong, I know Hulk's a hero, and I'm not under the delusion that he can't have a happy ending once in a while but the fact of the matter is, Bruce knows what it means to be the Hulk. Whether cho, or whoever this new guy is learns this lesson still remains to be seen, but everything I've seen so far shows that they are approaching this title with a completely new direction, which granted isn't bad, but you can change or establish new goals for a character, but not at the expense of what defines this said protagonist. Does a title like The "totally awesome Hulk" indicate anything of a tragic nature? Or at the very least that this new guy will have to face certain responsibilities? No, what it demonstrates is that being the Hulk is "totally awesome", which, as you may have figured out is pure crap.

My point is, us fans can have a fun Hulk story, but the character itself can't have fun being the Hulk, because that's not how this works. Hulks power comes from anger, pain tragedy, etc. So the very notion of what makes Hulk the Hulk is always engulfed in something bad. The title isn't out yet, but I have the right to not feel optimistic about this title, and with good reason. That said, Pak understands Hulks world well, so this may not be that bad. The only positive thing I can say is that this can indeed work for the better, if Bruce acts as a mentor to this new guy, but that itself isn't ideal either, since they could have used skaar as the new protagonist, who is already the son of The Hulk, and who, despite his growth, still needs guidance.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_ul: Ι think that the title will be another repeat of "Incredible Hercules" with Amadeus Cho as the new Hulk.....

I hope they'll make a title with Maestro Hulk also so I could buy that title....

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spulk: Well PAD did confirm that Maestro is gonna stay after Secret Wars so i am assuming they are gonna give PAD an ongoing title with him.

In a way we are very lucky if this happens as it should, because we will have 2 of the best and most famous Hulk writers doing 2 simultaneous Hulk titles. For that alone i feel very grateful.

jaybefre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By jaybefre

In the event that this new Hulk is indeed Amadeus Cho, does anyone have any recommended reading to catch up on who he is? He sounds like a really interesting character.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greg Pak? Frank Cho?

The "Totally Awesome Hulk" is Amadeus Cho, of course.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#134 owie  Moderator

Eh, the Hulk's personality changes every 20 issues anyway. Smart Hulk, dumb Hulk, angry Hulk, Banner Hulk, Banner is separated or merged this way or that, and turns into him due to being angry or night or whatever. I don't see why this is much different. Banner will clearly be the Hulk again eventually. A faux-hawk, however, is not acceptable.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: This is what I thought also...I crossed my fingers that we'll have 2 Hulk titles with the 2 of the best Hulk writers ever for the green giant....Of course my first choice will be Peter David's title(I wish with Dale Keown-God I ask so much I know)Then I will buy maybe the "totally awesome".....

PredeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By PredeKing

"Not tormented, not conflicted", didn't we see that already with the red Hulk.

I think Bruce Banner as a character is one of the most compelling parts of Hulk. The idea of an emotionally stunted but brilliant individual dealing with managing immeasurable power is a compelling. Now they want to get rid of that pathos?

Not tormented. Not conflicted. Just a giant green wrecking machine who loves being the Hulk.

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By OkRaider88

"Not tormented, not conflicted", didn't we see that already with the red Hulk.

I think Bruce Banner as a character is one of the most compelling parts of Hulk. The idea of an emotionally stunted but brilliant individual dealing with managing immeasurable power is a compelling. Now they want to get rid of that pathos?

Not tormented. Not conflicted. Just a giant green wrecking machine who loves being the Hulk.

This is horrible. Amadeus Cho gets to be a big strong guy, who loves wrecking things. Isn't that the Juggernaut? Or every member of the Wrecking Crew? And yes, the Hulk is running around in spandex pants and a faux-hawk!

conorburke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alonso: that's going to be the big question looming over this series. Can Danny Ra -- I mean, can the new guy stay seated in the driver's seat better than Banner could? Greg and Frank are cooking up something special here. It's brain and eye candy.

conorburke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alonso: that's going to be the big question looming over this series. Can Danny Ra -- I mean, can the new guy stay seated in the driver's seat better than Banner could? Greg and Frank are cooking up something special here. It's brain and eye candy.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Sticking with that title... Really, Marvel?

>___<

FuriousWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor and now Hulk? wow Marvel, what did we long term readers do to upset you so much?

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

only time will tell

Dudelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Dudelicious

@furiousweasel: as if any of the "changes" will prove permanent in the long run. Be glad they´re trying something new with characters that hasn't had any development in the last 60 years instead, even if its just temporary.

@theacidskull: You don't think a kid (even a super-smart and equally obnoxious one) accepting the Hulk curse thinking its going to be fun might be in for some startling realizations about power and responsibility along the line, especially with a great writer at the helm? This might be an opportunity for everyone to get a deeper understanding of what it truly means to be the Hulk when its experienced from a (naive) new perspective.

nalaniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sceptical about this. I definitely don't like the title. ^^

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, Totally Awesome Hulk is a lame name. Incredibly Awesome Hulk woulda been slightly less lame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudelicious said:

@theacidskull: You don't think a kid (even a super-smart and equally obnoxious one) accepting the Hulk curse thinking its going to be fun might be in for some startling realizations about power and responsibility along the line, especially with a great writer at the helm? This might be an opportunity for everyone to get a deeper understanding of what it truly means to be the Hulk when its experienced from a (naive) new perspective.

I addressed that in the latter part of my post. The only hope I have right now is that Pak will pull through on this one. If this series is used to enrich the meaning behind being the Hulk, I'll accept it. If it's "tubular fun-time, brah!" then the series and the editors at Marvel can go f*ck themselves. So far the indications don't give me high hopes.

That said, it's still going to bother me that Banner isn't Hulk because...Banner is THE HULK.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@furiousweasel: as if any of the "changes" will prove permanent in the long run. Be glad they´re trying something new with characters that hasn't had any development in the last 60 years instead, even if its just temporary.

Hulk has gone through quite a lot of changes, actually. Bruce Banner in particular.

Dudelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudelicious said:

I addressed that in the latter part of my post. The only hope I have right now is that Pak will pull through on this one. If this series is used to enrich the meaning behind being the Hulk, I'll accept it. If it's "tubular fun-time, brah!" then the series and the editors at Marvel can go f*ck themselves. So far the indications don't give me high hopes.

That said, it's still going to bother me that Banner isn't Hulk because...Banner is THE HULK.

Hear hear

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Could be interesting specially since I really like Pak's writing.

Will wait for the series to debut, then end , then be collected in trade before i can read it hehe =)