Green lantern vs flash (race)

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sam51

I know this may seem silly, but there´s always been this doubt in my head, if GL´s powers depend only in theri willpower, why hal jordan (strongest willpower in the universe) can´t just will himself to be stronger or faster than the strongest or fastest hero? With that in mind, this is a race.

-Hal Jordan vs Wally West

-1000 laps around the world

-Hal´s ring doesn´t run out of juice

-Before the race starts Hal amplifies his reaction time and speed

Who wins this?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jorgevy

I dont think that's how the ring works....

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Enemybird

Wally wins with ease

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sam51

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/2d445df5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlantern13-13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlantern13-14.jpg

Being new to this forum, I don´t know if this counts, but it´s worth a shot.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nickzambuto

@sam51 said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/2d445df5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/greenlantern13-14.jpg

Being new to this forum, I don´t know if this counts, but it´s worth a shot.

If they're going all out, Flash wins. GL can only keep up with Flash in those scans cause their on Earth, and you can't really go much faster than the speed of sound in a populated area (Flash doesn't want to deafen anyone with a sonic boom).

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sam51

But doesn´t this scan states he´s (flash) going at light speed?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
The Flash would smoke any Green Lantern in a Race.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

That's not how the rings work, sometimes a user's willpower can exceed what the ring is capable of, a prime and popular example of this is when John Stewart tries to recreate a planet he destroyed, he had the will to do it, but the ring wasn't powerful enough, likewise, Hal jordan, no matter how strong his will is, can't force the ring to go as fast as the flash.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blackadamFTW

Flash.

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sam51

But didn´t hal jordan recreated Oa? Or was it when he was parallax or something like that?

If this was regular Hal Jordan (and not parallax or something like that) why couldn´t John Steward do it? Even though I do remember he wasn´t able to.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By FourthDeity

Flash would Do this in less than two minutes

tootyghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tootyghost

Green Lantern traps Flash in some green ring trap thingy (idk wtf its called). Then Green Lantern tears off all of Flash's limbs, and his penis, and then curb stomps Flash. This damage to Flash would greatly reduce his speed, and Green Lantern can take advantage of this and win the race.

Resonance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Resonance

@tootyghost said:

Green Lantern traps Flash in some green ring trap thingy (idk wtf its called). Then Green Lantern tears off all of Flash's limbs, and his penis, and then curb stomps Flash. This damage to Flash would greatly reduce his speed, and Green Lantern can take advantage of this and win the race.

Flash would've already finished multiple laps before any GL even gets to react.

tootyghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tootyghost

@Resonance said:

@tootyghost said:

are you f***ing kidding me? The Green Lantern is so powerful that he can surround the earth in green flubber and solidify it and find Flash using their JLA communication things and then go right up to Flash, keep him frozen, unfreeze the rest of the planet, put the energy vortex trap thingy around Flash, and then rip off every single limb on his entire body, rip Flash's penis off and shove it up his own a**.

and since ur so f**king smart, he'll make a giant green dildo with spikes that shoots hot super glue, and insert it into ur ***YOU KNOW WHAT****

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Enemybird said:

Wally wins with ease

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@The Stegman said:

That's not how the rings work, sometimes a user's willpower can exceed what the ring is capable of, a prime and popular example of this is when John Stewart tries to recreate a planet he destroyed, he had the will to do it, but the ring wasn't powerful enough, likewise, Hal jordan, no matter how strong his will is, can't force the ring to go as fast as the flash.

Wouldn't Flash do 1000 laps before Hal Jordan does 1?

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sam51

Ok, according to the scan (and what I know about flash that may be wrong).

Flash can´t move faster than light without being absorbed to the speedforce

In that scan he was moving at light speed and Hal was keeping up with him

I´m not saying HAL HAS to win, but I think he could pull a draw

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Black

Wallace.

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sam51

@sam51 said:

I know this may seem silly, but there´s always been this doubt in my head, if GL´s powers depend only in theri willpower, why hal jordan (strongest willpower in the universe) can´t just will himself to be stronger or faster than the strongest or fastest hero? With that in mind, this is a race.

-Hal Jordan vs Wally West

-1000 laps around the world

-Hal´s ring doesn´t run out of juice

-Before the race starts Hal amplifies his reaction time and speed

Who wins this?

Thats why I had Hal amp his reaction time and speed BEFORE the race starts, and if both go at light speed, well...

chriconz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chriconz123

@tootyghost said:

@Resonance said:

@tootyghost said:

are you f***ing kidding me? The Green Lantern is so powerful that he can surround the earth in green flubber and solidify it and find Flash using their JLA communication things and then go right up to Flash, keep him frozen, unfreeze the rest of the planet, put the energy vortex trap thingy around Flash, and then rip off every single limb on his entire body, rip Flash's penis off and shove it up his own a**.

and since ur so f**king smart, he'll make a giant green dildo with spikes that shoots hot super glue, and insert it into ur ***YOU KNOW WHAT****

Lanterns are nowhere near as fast as Wally or Barry. This is a race, not a battle. Either way, Wally stomps hal.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RingSlinger

I am not in any way saying Hal wins this,but everyone is ignoring sam51's scan of Barry saying hes going lightspeed and then saying Hal is keeping up right after. Isnt this proof of the rings capability to increase the users speed to or close to light speed?

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Stegman said:

A star system

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well Kyle Rayner was able to create a construct which was able to tap into the Speed Force like Flash family. So I think it is plausible for Hal to will something similar like that.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RingSlinger

@SithLantern93 said:

Well Kyle Rayner was able to create a construct which was able to tap into the Speed Force like Flash family. So I think it is plausible for Hal to will something similar like that.

Do you remember what issues this occurred in? That sounds awesome I would love to read it

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nickzambuto

@tootyghost said:

But what about Fantomax? What's he doing during all this?

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Marksman

Wally wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@RingSlinger said:

@SithLantern93 said:

Do you remember what issues this occurred in? That sounds awesome I would love to read it

It was in Green Lantern: Circle of Fire

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RingSlinger

@Petey_is_Spidey: People keep saying that but the OP provided proof that it does work like that

No Caption Provided

SithLantern also just provided an example of Kyle doing something similiar....

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RingSlinger

@Petey_is_Spidey: Ill agree with you on that, Wally will just keep going faster than what a GL can will the ring to do, but they can use the rings to amplify their speed or their constructs speed to atleast something similiar to a speedster.

Resonance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Resonance

@tootyghost said:

Now you're just trolling and please watch your language. People might mistake you for a moronic twit.

philkelly96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@tootyghost: Hal traps him then Flash vibrates through it. Flash steals his speed then he can't do 1. Hal stands no chance. Flash has also been shown going trillions of times the speed of light so he wins before Hal gets down the block.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flash but no stomp

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally speed steals him and dusts him anyways

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By dorukesin

what is that ,epic mismatch of protons ?

@deranged_midget@k4tzm4n@god_spawn@buckshot@morpheus

Best Feats of Wally WEST

That's Flash going from the Moon to Earth in less than PlanckTime

Earth to Moon = 384.000 km

Planck Time = 5.39106e-44 seconds , Wally's real speed is really mind-shattering 2.375944852e43c

thats really fu*king awesome

No Caption Provided

Wally was traveling through the Big Bang and Big Crunch and was able to perceive them, but traveled through time too fast to be hurt by them. As these events spanned the entire universe it would be impossible to outrun them, so this probably gives him sub-planck senses/reactions, since he was only within them for less than a planck instant, I'm pretty sure.

Next up is outrunning the explosion of Krypton. In this (Post-Crisis, pre-reboot) continuity, Krypton was in the Andromeda galaxy. The explosion also managed to eventually propel shards of Kryptonite to/near Earth, by the time of the New Krypton storyline. This story started in December of 2008. The Crisis on Infinite Earths ended in March of 1986. IIRC in Post-Crisis continuity, Superman was around 30 years old when he debuted. So the Kryptonite took 52 years and 9 months to reach Earth from Krypton.

Andromeda is 2.54 million light-years from Earth so the Kryptonite was traveling at 48,151.65877c We can thus safely say Wally was running faster than this.

Next was him racing against Zeta Beams. A Zeta Beam is a technology from the planet Rann, which was able to teleport people over interstellar distances seemingly instantly. This included from the position of Rann's new star system, Polaris, to Earth. To be conservative, I'll give a timeframe of 1 second for the teleportation (even though they're almost always portrayed as being much faster than this).

Distance from Earth to Polaris is 325 - 425 light - years, I'll average it and say 375. Thus the minimum speed of a Zeta beam is around 11,826,000,000c Wally was keeping up with this.

Next Wally's accumulated speed racing against the cosmic gamblers.

We start with the 11,826,000,000c minimum speed we knew he had up to this point. Add to this the speed of every person on Earth (stated as being 5 billion in the comic) running as fast as they can.

I found information on the average human sprint speed being 14 mph (6.25856 m/s). Multiplying that by 5 billion and we get 31,292,800,000 m/s, or 104.3815452c.

Not really that much of a boost... but the real boost comes from when Krakkl offers Wally his own speed, and he was using the combined speed of everyone on his homeworld. As both of their worlds were in danger, and Krakkl stated they were saving 100 billion lives, and the Earth population was already established at 5 billion, we can say there were 95 billion people on the planet Kwyzz.

Now all of these were radio wave beings, so they must have been moving at least the speed of light, however in the past Krakkl was able to communicate with Wally on Earth in-real time, using only his natural speed and abilities.

The distance between Kwyzz and Earth was never stated,but we can narrow it down to get a minimum distance.

It couldn't have been in the Alpha Centauri system, because that was Rann's former system, and this was before Rann's move during the Rann-Thanagar war. So that's ruled out.

I cannot find any reference to Barnard's Star, the next nearest system, in any DC works, so this is the closest place Kwyzz could be.

In order for a reasonable two-way conversation without noticeable delays, I'm guessing a maximum time interval would be 0.1 seconds (conservative again).

Distance to Barnard's star = 5.963 light-years.

Therefore, Krakkl's base speed would be at least 1,880,491,680c.

Multiplying this by 95 billion, we get 1.786467096e20c.

Adding this to Flash's speed from before and the speed from Earth, we get 1.786467096118260001043815452e20c.

and

Finally, estimating the total average speed of the race against the Cosmic Gamblers, they started on the other side of the universe:

No Caption Provided

And reached Earth before the gambler had time to process a thought. Using 0.0083333333 seconds, and the diameter of the universe at 93 billion light-years, the average speed would be

3.519417614e20c.

This actually lines up surprisingly well with the speed I calced for the first part of the race.

Some LITTLE FEATS OF WALLY

250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Times Faster Than the Speed of LIGHT

During the Human Race, Wally outraced instantaneous teleportation from the Cosmic Gamblers -- that could be seen as a pseuod time travel feat, though, as he raced across the fourth dimension to do it (The fourth dimension is time).

Directly after that, though, he was definitely not time traveling. Over the span of one Septosecond, which is 0.000000000000000000001 seconds, he tuned every radio on Earth.

There are 150,000,000 square kilometers of land on Earth. Light travels about 300,000 kilometers per second. To cover 150,000,000 kilometers, it would take light 500 seconds. For simplicity's sake, if you assume there is 1 radio for every square kilometer on earth (that is lowballing it greatly), that means he was traveling 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000times faster than light, or 500 septillion.

Understand that I am greatly, greatly lowballing this feat as it doesn't take into account the time it takes him to tune every radio, the accurate density of radios per square kilometer (much higher than my guess, i just used mine to make the multiplication and division easier), radios that aren't on land (such as every boat on the planet that has a radio) or the time it takes him to search the square of every kilometer -- if he had to search every square inch then it'd be 500 septillion squared, or250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 which is 250 Quattuordecillion times the speed of light.

Here's the feat in action:

No Caption Provided

500.000 FACES IN A PICOSECOND !

He scans half a million faces in 1 picosecond

also He's crossed the Universe in less than an instant (Flash: The Human Race).

He circled earth a dozen times,he covered every single inch of the world less than an instant while even big blue was freezing

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dondave

@dorukesin: Your 3rd and 4th scans are of a massively amped Wally West