Posted by BigL (242 posts) 1 year, 1 day ago

Poll: Green Lantern:The Animated Series or Young Justice? (28 votes)

Green Lantern:The Animated Series 36%
Young Justice 64%

Which show would you want back if only one could return? I've always preferred Green Lantern so that's my choice.

#1 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Green Lantern, but if I could only pick one: Young Justice.

#2 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both. I would have definitely loved to see more of GL TAS. But definitely Young Justice. That show was too good!

#3 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6347 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't a huge fan of either, actually. I loved Spectacular Spider-Man and Batman TAS WAAAY more.

#4 Edited by TheCannon (18250 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both. I would have definitely loved to see more of GL TAS. But definitely Young Justice. That show was too good!

#5 Posted by BigL (242 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Edited by Black_Claw (2957 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice, if only Cartoon Network wasn't being run by tools, we could've seen Darkseid in action.

#8 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

neither. one was too simplistic and the other was a bloated mass of conspirancies and dumb planning.

#9 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer GLTAS. Seriously, if the show continued we would totally see the Black Lanterns arc in the future which would be freaking awesome.

#10 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice was better, however Season 2 of YJ was really bad.

#11 Posted by JulieDC (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice. Not a fan of CGI cartoons...works for movies, but I like my cartoons in 2D animation.

#12 Posted by BigL (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliedc: I too prefer 2D, that's why I was reluctant at first to watch GL but it turned out to be a great show

#13 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network cancels good shows like Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS for bad ones

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me put it this way:

YJ season 1 > GLTAS > YJ season 2

Overall, though the quality of the writing on YJ declined a lot in season 2, whereas GLTAS had a very high standard that improved as the show went on.

#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern.

I am genuinely surprised how much I like that series. Aya <3

Young Justice is too far up its own arse to be enjoyable.

#16 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern.

I am genuinely surprised how much I like that series. Aya <3

Young Justice is too far up its own arse to be enjoyable.

Cannot agree more about GL. So much emotional depth to that series and the art style fit the universe so perfectly!

I enjoyed the first season of Young Justice but the second one just became confusing and crowded for me to care for anyone character anymore.

#17 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say that GL was the better series in a technical sense. It had endearing characters, fantastic voice-acting, and a wonderful long-form plot that made good use of the entire GL mythology. I will say that S2 was a little ugh for me (Evil Aya was just very, I don't know, monotonous), but quality-wise it was very consistent.

YJ had a solid first season. It still remains the best-looking animated superhero cartoon to me, in terms of visual quality and art style, and overall I will say I enjoyed watching it more. Just seeing the team grow and fight in different locations in every episode was very entertaining. But while the long-running Light plot of the first season was impressive, S2 just fell apart like a stack of cards. Timeskip was a bad idea, way too many characters, a plot that never paid off, and overall just way too many plot threads and not enough time to really make us care about the story.

#18 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice.

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice.