Green Lantern: The Animated Series

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By soccersss

It seems that any DC tv show Bruce Timm is going to be in is going to be epic. I personally and prematurely thought that the new Green Lantern tv show was going to be terrible due to the weird animation. man was i wrong. The Green Lantern show starts off stronger than the Avengers or Young Justice did in my opinion. Judging from the two episodes premiere everything from the characterizations to the storyline is going to be top notch. Kevin Richardson made a very convincing Kilowog and Josh Keaton from the Spetacular Spider-man was brilliant as Hal Jordan. The Red Lanterns storyline looks very promising

I know it's too early but if this show can get a very good run of 65+ episodes it could be ranked in the same category as Batman: The Animated Series. The show has definitely taken a step in the right direction in removing the bad taste the Green Lantern movie left in everybody mouth.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CODYSF

I enjoyed the first episode it was fun I don't think is better then the young justice but they did a good dam job.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

I thought it was really good not perfect, but it's the first episode so there's plenty of room to grow and it was a really good start.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By difficlus

Just watched the first two episodes. REALLY Good! loved it!

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Obtrusive

Meh, I was a little disappointed. I think its written for people to young, also hal is a retard in this.

AwesomeAquaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By AwesomeAquaman

I did not like the premiere, I couldn't get into it I turned it off midway.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ComicCrazy

I think it could be better and a little more serious I reckon

midnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By midnightmare

It was funny, but... Hal is totally a dumb hero in this, he does anything he wants whith no consecuenses, and Killowok answering "I make hammers"? He is suposed to be a tecnological genious in comics, and being the drill seargent how is he going to suport Jordan into take a ship whithout autorisation and disoveing direct orders? WTF?

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By soccersss

@Obtrusive:

well Hals was a little too dumb in this but I'm guessing it is probably because he is still a little raw and inexperienced

@midnightmare:

Yeah kilowog was a little out of character in this premiere but on the plus side Richardson was a convincing Kilowog imo

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

I liked it. If you're expecting something like Batman TAS, sure you're gonna be disappointed, but not everything can be Batman TAS. I think this is a step forward from The Batman and Brave and the Bold, imo.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Obtrusive

The voices were good, and the animation was alright, just what they did with it was a little lacking. Maybe if I were 8 it would be cooler.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Obtrusive said:

Meh, I was a little disappointed. I think its written for people to young, also hal is a retard in this.

@soccersss said:

@Obtrusive:

well Hals was a little too dumb in this but I'm guessing it is probably because he is still a little raw and inexperienced

@midnightmare:

Yeah kilowog was a little out of character in this premiere but on the plus side Richardson was a convincing Kilowog imo

@Obtrusive said:

The voices were good, and the animation was alright, just what they did with it was a little lacking. Maybe if I were 8 it would be cooler.

@midnightmare said:

It was funny, but... Hal is totally a dumb hero in this, he does anything he wants whith no consecuenses, and Killowok answering "I make hammers"? He is suposed to be a tecnological genious in comics, and being the drill seargent how is he going to suport Jordan into take a ship whithout autorisation and disoveing direct orders? WTF?

@ComicCrazy said:

I think it could be better and a little more serious I reckon

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By majestic99

Hate the entire series.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I like it. I was scared at first but it's not horrible

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Martian

I HATE THIS SHOW WITH A PASSION. WORST DC SHOW, I HATE IT EVEN MORE THAN YOUNG JUSTICE, IMO

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well I thought it was going to suck...royally, but actually it's pretty good, not as good as Young Justice, but pretty radical nonetheless 

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By SoA

both young justice and green lantern , are great shows , i really dont understand the animosity towards them

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Martian

@SoA: You REALLY don't wanna know why I hate those two shows... -__-

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zomboid

I've actually been really enjoying the GL series. And I even like the animation too, honestly. It's a great show.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By SoA

@mr.obvious: for young justice im gonna guess that its a mix of 2 generations of teen titans and besides a few episodes just have YJ as a name instead of the team. no tactile telekinesis for SB , and robin is always dick grayson

for green lantern , maybe bc the stories are all mixed up , red lanterns dont spew acidic blood more like fire , hal is the hero and for a series that is suppossed to explain the gl mythos they kinda hinting at the blackest night stories?

these where my complaints , and i still watch em . unless ur talking about the animation then i could care less lol

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By the_tree

I really like it. I know a lot of people complain about the CGI, but I really don't mind it, and I think it fits well with the whole space setting. I have fun while watching it, and I love seeing the cameos and appearances of characters from the comics like Mogo and Saint Walker. Can't wait until Sinestro, Larfleeze, and other human Lanterns show up!

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@mr.obvious said:

I HATE THIS SHOW WITH A PASSION. WORST DC SHOW, I HATE IT EVEN MORE THAN YOUNG JUSTICE, IMO

why u no like young justice?

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like show, honestly the CG doesn't bother me

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sethysquare

BTW this week's issue was really awesome. I really liked how the Thanagarian helmet looks and it really showed how Hal led the team as a leader.

Protoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Protoon

I think it's great. I loved the moment in the premiere where he used the ship's power battery to re-charge his ring and take out the red lanterns. That's Hal Jordan, right? He flies at the seat of his pants.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheAnnihilator

Thanagarian's can obviously fly in space. Cause you know, it's not a vacuam or anything. And they definitely wouldn't die trying to fly some place which they wouldn't find for a long time. Logical.

That's the only thing that has ever bothered me with this show really, but it isn't even a big deal. I just like to point it out.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know the show was canceled, but since the whole series is now on Netflix I thought I might bump this.

Who knows, maybe more people will watch this show because of this thread? :) Anyways, easily in my top 5 superhero animated tv series. I thought it was gonna be bad, but how many animated characters had such great characterization like Razer or Aya? Not much, IMO.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pinecone1510

YES! This is my favorite DC/Marvel animated show(i have seen all the other shows that matter).Great character drama,great story but most of all they had a plan the hole time.So no filler episode and all episode vary from good to best you can get the whole season(which can be seen as two with 2 different story arcs).

So please watch it and if you do score it on IMDB because it has a low amount of actual votes even though the rating is pretty high for a superhero cartoon show.