Green Lantern rebooted in New52 or not?

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was hearing that for a long while but i always thought it was a speculation but nowadays i am hearing it from everyone so what are the resources of this information? Is this a certain thing or just a couple good linked assumptions?

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@marlboroman:

I think because of the very nature of the reboot GL history changed. For example how could Hank Henshaw and Superboy Prime be involved in the Sinestro Corps. War if they didn't exist. Stuff like that would have a domino effect you know.

I don't think DC has the resources to go back and retell every ark that occurred during the six years between the Darkseid attack and David Graves. It's easier to just ignore it and let long-time readers come to their own conclusions:

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By lightsout

It wasn't rebooted in that there was no re-telling of any origin. I think we should assume the characters are younger than they would have been before the reboot. The story also continued directly from where it left off pre-52 (Hal being stripped of his ring, etc). They obviously "don't talk about" the details of things that don't line up with the "everyone's only been heroes for 5 years" crap (like all their big events, especially those that included the rest of the DCU). Technically everything that happened to get us to where we are needed to happen, but the new continuity of the DCU as a whole likely doesn't include/acknowledge the SCW, Blackest Night, or Brightest Day.

As with Batman, I'd imagine GL books were the top sellers so they chose to keep them going (for the most part). For GL, it helps that almost 100% of it takes place off-earth so they don't have to worry about sticking to the continuity in the world of the rest of the characters.