• 64 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by k4tzm4n (43909 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers!

I can't believe this show isn't being renewed. Are the executives over at Cartoon Network even watching these recent episodes? It's insanely impressive how good the show has become and 'Love is a Battlefield' continues the animated show's hot streak.

Aya, now possessing the Anti-Monitor's powers, heads to Zamaron and blames the Star Sapphires for her own heartbreak. Wanting to prove her own belief that love brings nothing but pain, Aya sets up a deathmatch between Love and Hate's champions -- Carol Ferris and Atrocitus.

While the last episode was filler -- amazingly fun and hilarious filler -- this episode switches back into a very serious tone and tackles the complex topic of love. The script won't give you any epiphanies about the powerful emotion but it's still addressed in an engrossing manner and I find myself fully invested in each character. I was initially concerned where they'd go with the Razer / Aya relationship and I'm beyond pleased with how everything is turning out. I feared something super cheesy but this direction has blown me away with each episode -- it's a shockingly powerful tale.

CN cancelling this show is illogical.

The action in this one is a blast. The initial battle between the Manhunters and Star Sapphires is energetic and well executed, especially when their leader jumps into the fray and slices apart a few bots. Shortly later, this is topped with the Atrocitus melee. The impacts are fierce and it spirals into a brutal slugfest that'll keep your jaw on the floor.

Even if you're not a fan of the animation for characters, there's no denying the space sequences look fantastic. The Interceptor maneuvering near the surface of a star was a vibrant and gorgeous sequence. The previously mentioned action sequences look solid as well, especially when the interior of Manhunter's are exposed or a Lantern is sent violently crashing into a surface.

Simply put, I love where the second half of this season is going and it's being handled in such a brilliant manner. The brief Razer / Aya encounter makes it clear she isn't entirely devoid of emotion and I can't wait to see how this develops. It's just a shame we know this amazing program now has an expiration date.

Staff
#1 Posted by Misterwizz (200 posts) - - Show Bio

"Are the executives over at Cartoon Network even watching these recent episodes?"

Nope the only thing they care about is selling toys. They also think that humor shows are superior to action shows.

#2 Posted by Bobsjonjon (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Great episode!

#3 Posted by Inverno (13221 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever the end has it for us, I hope it doesn't end on a "f*** you note" cliffhanger like they did with the Thundercats.

#4 Posted by NightFang (10055 posts) - - Show Bio

@Misterwizz said:

"Are the executives over at Cartoon Network even watching these recent episodes?"

Nope the only thing they care about is selling toys. They also think that humor shows are superior to action shows.

That's why I stop watching their humor shows.

#5 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright k4tzm4n! this was agood episode, it left me wanting more. Instead of taking this off the air, the cartoon network should be doing the opisite and making it a 1 hour show. It looks like aya is feeling an emotion and that is hatered towards all organic life. I think that razor isnt even a thought of concern in her mind anymore and like wise razor isnt concerned for aya anymore as noted from there interactions in todays show. I think aya is going to attempt universal genecide, takeing her charater into evil. I agree with the commenter from 2weeks ago, the gaurdians are being dindicated in trying to take hrr offline at the begining of the season. Aya has become scary! D-:)

#6 Posted by Misterwizz (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang:

Ditto.

#7 Posted by monkeyonurback_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

cartoon network are screwing everyone over right now! bruce timm gave cartoon network some of their highest rated shows of the 90s with batman: tas, suerman: tas and freakazoid! then there's craig mc cracken who made the powerpuff girls and brought the minimalist movement to animation and they're renewing the ppg now but this time with some horrendious character designs! fuck you, cartoon network. you're an awful channel. at least nickelodeon and fox kids listen to what people want to watch, CN just figures it knows best.

#8 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really disappointed with Cartoon Network. I really think Green Lantern is a good series and has the potential of being legendary as Batman: The Animated Series, I mean it's produced by the same guy who did it!

But anyways, awesome episode. I like how love and war was displayed in battle.

#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network has problems. Almost everytime there is an article on here that mentions Cartoon Network, I am reminded why my avatar is what it is.

And it really sucks that everything has to come on so bloody early at my house. I should be catching all of these shows.

#10 Posted by jmills (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally get the lament of all the other commenters about this show being cancelled. I feel the same way about Young Justice. But don't you think it could be for reasons other than Cartoon Network not understanding what they have with Green Lantern? They're a business, they're out to make money. If a show isn't getting the ratings they need to bring in the advertising dollars needed to pay for the show to be made, then it needs to be cancelled. A large percentage of viewers are now downloading shows like this for 'free' and that takes away the necessary revenue for a show like this to survive. Until that changes this will just keep happening with any new shows they might introduce.

#11 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure as heck didn't help that I had Pat Benatar singing in my head as I watched this episode, teehee.

#12 Posted by Barkley (272 posts) - - Show Bio

they want to sell toys not good tv

#13 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

All I have to say is that Aya better not be left as a villan, or dead, in the end.

Also, where are these supposed toys? I've never seen them and would buy them!

#14 Posted by Aeroman (501 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to call cartoon network Craptoon network from now on because of their stupid decision to cancel their best shows for stupid reasons.

#15 Posted by Differentology (33 posts) - - Show Bio

This ep was amazing! I think CN is missing a big opportunity with cancelling this show. If the focus is on selling so much toys and stuff then why dont they advertise them during the commercials? They would sell more if they actually focused on the people with jobs to buy the toys plushes or what ever rather than the people that have to ask their parents for the money.

#16 Posted by ThreadPool (99 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way... Why don't you guys review Young Justice?

#17 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

K4tzm4n, do you suppost the cancellation decision by cartoon network is really a scheme by aya to throw earth into confusion and anger so that we will do away with our selves so she can complete her universal goal to seat mechines in the place of organic intellegent life? Damn you aya and your superior logic! You wont get away with this!

LOL, the sapphires teleported carol to there planet while she was walking the buffet line!

#18 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I loved this episode. The action scenes were epic, and Carol Ferris is becoming my favorite DC love interest. I can't believe the show is only getting one season...

Thanks a bunch, CN.

#19 Posted by Misterwizz (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmills:

Ratings aren't what killed GL and YJ. Merchandising and CN’s comedy over action policy did.

#20 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Atrocitus in this ep put a smile on my face... why do you want to ruin that Cartoon Network :( !!!

#21 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmills: Both this and Young Justice had great ratings despite the fact CN hasn't been promoting it properly so hat's not a viable reasoning for it

#22 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder:

This. Just a few weeks ago, YJ cracked 2 million viewers!

#23 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: Exactly, the problem is CN only wants to focus on their fail attempts at humor shows and what's worse is that they're giving the other networks more money, that Dragon show Dreamriders is owned by Disney and they're giving Nick Cannon his own show plus he's the one that writes for Incredible crew and it's a known fact that Nick works for Nick(the channel), talk about digging your own grave

#24 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else notice Grey Delisle was using her Azula voice for Aya this time around? It made me laugh.

I am so disappointed by you CN. This is such a wonderful show. I can't imagine a reason to cancel it. I was hoping they were working their way up to the War of Light, which they may have been, but now it won't see any of this come to fruition. How sad. Young Justice was even more engaging and could have gone on forever. It got 2 seasons. whatever. I wasn't looking forward to the new batman show, but now I suppose I have to.

#25 Posted by dondave (37380 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Episode

#26 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6868 posts) - - Show Bio

whY ONLY REVIEW FOR gREEN lANTERN? WWHY NO yOUNG jUSTICE  GETS REVIEWED? THIS WEEK'S EPISODE WAS AWESOME

#27 Posted by Crackdown (604 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Whatever the end has it for us, I hope it doesn't end on a "f*** you note" cliffhanger like they did with the Thundercats.

#28 Posted by Drewyetti (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Like it happened to wolverine and the x-men, spectacular spiderman, GI joe: The Renegades and the legion of superheroes. Left on Cliffhangers with so much potential!!!

#29 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

FARK YOU CARTOON NETWORK YOU BLOODY FARKING PIECE OF SHET

#31 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

CN, Cancelling this show ain't cool! As much as I love Young Justice, just so long as this one lasts then do what you want with the other. Please CN! Don't kill me show! I HOPE you change your mind.

#32 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Barkley said:

they want to sell toys not good tv

this is just so unfair. :((((((((((

#33 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Barkley said:

they want to sell toys not good tv

this is just so unfair. :((((((((((

Agreed. And I thought Disney was stupid.

#34 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what CN! Save Young Justice! I want both so bad! I can't pick! SAVE THEM BOTH PLEASE!

#35 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

You know what CN! Save Young Justice! I want both so bad! I can't pick! SAVE THEM BOTH PLEASE!

I am still alright with YJ being cancelled cos at least they got 46 episodes. GLTAS barely had 26 :(

#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33367 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda sad that we'r never going to see Razer become a Green Lantern

#37 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThreadPool said:

By the way... Why don't you guys review Young Justice?

Thats by far the most Adult and complex show with the best Animation and fights. Getting Canceled too. Wheres that review anyway?

#38 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

Another fantastic episode for "Green Lantern." After a season and a half of introducing characters and concepts, there is a lot of pay off as they reap what they sowed. It worked at a pure action level and it worked at a higher level as they talked about love and hate. They did a great job of finding the balance on Hal and Carol, too.

Really hate that this is going away and we'll be denied of Sinestro Corps, John, and Kyle. This and Young Justice are powerhouse comic book shows and I wish DC/WB would do more to save these shows. This is how you build awareness for these characters and develop new fans.

#39 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

I echo the sentiments, great episode, it sucks so much that they're being cancelled, what I don't understand is why DC nation can't be extended to two hours instead of one. Thats the best solution for everyone, I get that they want more shows like adventure time and regular show that sell the most merchandise and appeal to the hipster set, and I like regular show, but there needs to be variety, why do we have to choose between comedy and action. There's room for both.

#40 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13132 posts) - - Show Bio

@monkeyonurback_ said:

cartoon network are screwing everyone over right now! bruce timm gave cartoon network some of their highest rated shows of the 90s with batman: tas, suerman: tas and freakazoid! then there's craig mc cracken who made the powerpuff girls and brought the minimalist movement to animation and they're renewing the ppg now but this time with some horrendious character designs! fuck you, cartoon network. you're an awful channel. at least nickelodeon and fox kids listen to what people want to watch, CN just figures it knows best.

fox kids ended years ago......

Online
#41 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13132 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@mk111: Exactly, the problem is CN only wants to focus on their fail attempts at humor shows and what's worse is that they're giving the other networks more money, that Dragon show Dreamriders is owned by Disney and they're giving Nick Cannon his own show plus he's the one that writes for Incredible crew and it's a known fact that Nick works for Nick(the channel), talk about digging your own grave

Dragons: Riders Of Berk is owned by Dreamworks not Disney.

Online
#42 Posted by k4tzm4n (43909 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@ThreadPool said:

By the way... Why don't you guys review Young Justice?

Thats by far the most Adult and complex show with the best Animation and fights. Getting Canceled too. Wheres that review anyway?

Seeing as I have yet to watch most of Season 1, I don't feel it would be right for me to review the latest season. It requires a strong emotional connection to the characters (not to mention knowledge of critical events from S1) and that isn't something I possess.

Staff
#43 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy to see the violet lanterns again. I don't really like the idea of putting stuff in violet crystal. I wonder why Hal does not even try to rescue those trapped in the crystals ? Show needs to mention the ring translators more often bec. it is always funny to me to see how humans and aliens are able to talk to each other in english.

#44 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@ThreadPool said:

By the way... Why don't you guys review Young Justice?

Thats by far the most Adult and complex show with the best Animation and fights. Getting Canceled too. Wheres that review anyway?

Seeing as I have yet to watch most of Season 1, I don't feel it would be right for me to review the latest season. It requires a strong emotional connection to the characters (not to mention knowledge of critical events from S1) and that isn't something I possess.

Then I suggest to watch at your own risk lol. You will get so in deep with the story and cry when it gets canceled and unfinished.

#45 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly didn't like this episode. Too many plotholes.

#46 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope DC adapts Razor and this version of Aya into the comics i really like thier characters

#47 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: I don't like Razor. The main problem with him is, nothing about him screams "Red Lantern" He seems far to calm all the time

#48 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@TeamUnitedNerds: He's supposed to be a reformed red lantern he's not as angry as he was before he met Hal and Kilowog.

#49 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@mk111: Exactly, the problem is CN only wants to focus on their fail attempts at humor shows and what's worse is that they're giving the other networks more money, that Dragon show Dreamriders is owned by Disney and they're giving Nick Cannon his own show plus he's the one that writes for Incredible crew and it's a known fact that Nick works for Nick(the channel), talk about digging your own grave

Dragons: Riders Of Berk is owned by Dreamworks not Disney.

Dreamworks studio's is an affiliate of Disney therefore they are in fact owned by Disney, Dreamworks animation however is owned by Viacom, who's the parent company of Nick and etc, So either way CN is paying either Disney or Nick for the show

#50 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13132 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@mk111: Exactly, the problem is CN only wants to focus on their fail attempts at humor shows and what's worse is that they're giving the other networks more money, that Dragon show Dreamriders is owned by Disney and they're giving Nick Cannon his own show plus he's the one that writes for Incredible crew and it's a known fact that Nick works for Nick(the channel), talk about digging your own grave

Dragons: Riders Of Berk is owned by Dreamworks not Disney.

Dreamworks studio's is an affiliate of Disney therefore they are in fact owned by Disney, Dreamworks animation however is owned by Viacom, who's the parent company of Nick and etc, So either way CN is paying either Disney or Nick for the show

it thin you're confusing them with Pixar

Edit: Never mind, you're right

Online