#1 Edited by hausmanjm92 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey everyone I'm new to Comicvine and would love your help. I got into comics a few years ago thanks to the New 52 and have been following Green Arrow since Lemire took over in issue #17. Since then I've rewatched parts of JLU and started Young Justice and I love GA in both those shows. So I'm looking for a good Green Arrow story that's easy to jump into without too much GA knowledge and I've heard good things bout Year One. So what do you guys think? Worth getting? Also if you have any other recommendations of similar titles I'm more than open. Thanks!

#2 Edited by GreenArrow4924 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a masterpiece.

#3 Edited by The_Tree (7978 posts) - - Show Bio

Year One is fantastic, easily one of the best Green Arrow stories.

If you want some classic, more mature Green Arrow check out The Longbow Hunters.

#4 Edited by Paul2814 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Year One is great. Longbow Hunters as well. It looks like DC are releasing Mike Grells run into Trade Papaerback starting in November too which I'm excited about. Heard great things about Kevin Smiths run also, Quiver, just never been able to get my hands on it. I hope you watch Arrow :)

#5 Posted by adamjh95 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@paul2814: is that the rest of his run other than longbow hunters? new to green arrow as well but love the character

#6 Edited by Squalleon (4966 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Year one is great also try the tv show arrow its a great green arrow based show

#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

It's one of the best Green Arrow stories.

#9 Edited by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a great read, had all the things I love about the character. Have yet to check out LBH though.

#10 Edited by dondave (38895 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by adamjh95 (54 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by hausmanjm92 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon @greenarrow4924 @the_tree @paul2814 Just finished Year One and you're all completely correct (not that I ever doubted you). What an awesome comic! Perfectly paced, well characterized, and Jock's art was astounding. I really wish Diggle's run lasted longer cause he seems to really get Green Arrow and what makes him tick. So now I should check out Longbow Hunters? and the CW show is good?

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4966 posts) - - Show Bio

@hausmanjm92: Sure check both.
Longbow Hunters is the definitive GA story!
Arrow is a good show and the second season shows a lot of promise(from interviews and trailers).

#14 Posted by hausmanjm92 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon Alright I guess I gotta download Longbow Hunters then. I just started Irredeemable and am a quarter way through Sandman so it might be a while before I actually get to it though. Ya I heard the show got pretty good after a rough couple of early episodes. I'm definitely intrigued by them adding Barry Allen next season

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's quite good!

Staff
#16 Edited by hausmanjm92 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah @k4tzm4n commenting on my very first thread. What did I do to be so lucky?

#17 Posted by Paul2814 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@hausmanjm92: I love Arrow. If you like Green Arrow and enjoyed the Dark Knight trilogy then you should like it. Season 2 is really promising. The DVD/BluRay for Season 1 is out in September. Of course, you can always download each episode.

#18 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

@hausmanjm92: Glad you enjoyed it! Green Arrow Year One is in my top 20 favorite comics. Yeah I love Green Arrow so I love the tv show, Arrow, as well. I think you should check it out if you like the character! Be warned, sometimes it gets too soap-opera-like.

#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah @k4tzm4n commenting on my very first thread. What did I do to be so lucky?

LOL! Eh, I'm always lurking around the forums :D

Staff
#20 Posted by hausmanjm92 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash Haha i watched all 10 seasons of Smallville so I think I can handle the soap opera parts.

@k4tzm4n Well thanks for stopping by! Love your writing btw

#21 Edited by Xwraith (21516 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read only one Green Arrow story in your life, make it this one.

#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff