Greatest fall season for superhero fans ever?

Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enigman

There are so many superhero related things coming this fall.
1.) DC universe online.
2.)  The new Avengers animated series.
3.) Batman; the brave and the bold
4.) The G4 Marvel Anime series featuring Iron man, Wolverine, Blade and the X-men
5.) Young Justice (teen titans) cartoon. (not certain if this is coming out this year though.)
6.) The network tv show "Cape".
7.) The network tv pilot "No ordinary family".
8.) The possible live-action Blue-Beetle tv series.
9.) Another season of Ben 10.
10.) the Nikita tv show (technically it qualifies since there was a comic book based on the novel)
11.) Smallville series final season.
12.) SYFY channel show 3 inches about some shrinking guy (not sure if thats coming this fall but i believe so)

I am sure I missed something but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
Is this possibly the best fall ever for superhero/comic book-related entertainment?

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RedK
@Enigman:
looking forward to all of those, except Nikita cause i have no idea whats that about, can you post a link to a summary or some info on it? 

by the way young Justice is supposed to be out in November
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself
@Enigman said:
" There are so many superhero related things coming this fall.
1.) DC universe online.
3.) The G4 Marvel Anime series featuring Iron man, Wolverine, Blade and the X-men
4.) Young Justice (teen titans) cartoon. (not certain if this is coming out this year though.)
5.) The network tv show "Cape".
6.) The network tv pilot "No ordinary family".
7.) The possible live-action Blue-Beetle tv series.
8.) Another season of Ben 10.
9.) the Nikita tv show (technically it qualifies since there was a comic book based on the novel) I am sure I missed something but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.Is this possibly the best fall ever for superhero/comic book-related entertainment? "
iirc they've said that the Blue Beetle test footage that was released was for an upcoming episode of Smallville that would feature Booster Gold and Blue Beetle
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enigman
@RedK said:
" @Enigman: looking forward to all of those, except Nikita cause i have no idea whats that about, can you post a link to a summary or some info on it? "
yeah I'm not at all excited about Nikita either....it's yet another iteration of "la femme nikita"..you know the whole "trained female assassin gains a conscience and is then hunted by the agency that trained her" schtick....but I figured I would add it just to try to be thorough.
RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedK
@Enigman:  sounds crap, but in saying that i probably still end up watching it
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By longbowhunter

It sucks my cable provider jerked G4 off my package last year. Whoever decided to do that needs their penis jerked off. No wait ....I mean ripped off.
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Enigman
@RedK said:

" @Enigman:  sounds crap, but in saying that i will probably still end up watching it "

Lol..couldn't have said it better.

@longbowhunter said:

" It sucks my cable provider jerked G4 off my package last year. Whoever decided to do that needs their penis jerked off. No wait ....I mean ripped off. "

Seems a bit extreme.....couldn't you just upgrade to a package that has G4?
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By longbowhunter
@Enigman:
I could but I wont. I shouldnt have to upgrade for something I already had. They put G4 on a package full of sports channels that I wont watch. Bummer!
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enigman
@danhimself said:
" @Enigman said:
" There are so many superhero related things coming this fall.
1.) DC universe online.
3.) The G4 Marvel Anime series featuring Iron man, Wolverine, Blade and the X-men
4.) Young Justice (teen titans) cartoon. (not certain if this is coming out this year though.)
5.) The network tv show "Cape".
6.) The network tv pilot "No ordinary family".
7.) The possible live-action Blue-Beetle tv series.
8.) Another season of Ben 10.
9.) the Nikita tv show (technically it qualifies since there was a comic book based on the novel) I am sure I missed something but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.Is this possibly the best fall ever for superhero/comic book-related entertainment? "
iirc they've said that the Blue Beetle test footage that was released was for an upcoming episode of Smallville that would feature Booster Gold and Blue Beetle "
Yeah. There was and still is speculation that there may be a spin-off Blue Beetle series.
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enigman
@longbowhunter said:

" @Enigman: I could but I wont. I shouldnt have to upgrade for something I already had. They put G4 on a package full of sports channels that I wont watch. Bummer! "

Be that as it may, upgrading will likely garner better results that than pulling someones genitalia off. 

They typically put good channels in with a bunch of lame channels in upgrades and I agree that the cable companies are essentially monopolies and are fleecing us. Too bad you cant choose all of the channels in your package. I would pay a premium to be able to do that.
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By longbowhunter
@Enigman:
Yeah the cable company that got bought out by the one that is around now used to have an ala cart package. You just picked certain channels and they were individually priced. My friend got the upgrade for G4 so I know about all channels that were included. None of which was worth the money.
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enigman
@longbowhunter said:

" @Enigman: Yeah the cable company that got bought out by the one that is around now used to have an ala cart package. You just picked certain channels and they were individually priced. My friend got the upgrade for G4 so I know about all channels that were included. None of which was worth the money. "

I hear ya. That's usually the case with upgrades.  Lots of boring channels for one or two that you want. Wow, they bought out the company that offered A la carte packages huh? I guess monopolies aren't illegal anymore (sarcasm).
Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no mention of The Walking Dead tv show coming to AMC??
Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pizawle

Cannot wait for Avengers and The Walking Dead. 

The rest of it... meh or worse.

Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Enigman
@ViciousCesar! said:

" no mention of The Walking Dead tv show coming to AMC?? "

Is that a comic book adaptation.

@Pizawle said:

" Cannot wait for Avengers and The Walking Dead.   The rest of it... meh or worse. "

You sir, have no soul and are not a true comic book fan. Or you're a donald downer type :)..j/k(<---anti-warning/lock "j/k" and smiley face )
RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedK
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enigman
@RedK said:
" @Enigman:  are you serious, The walking dead by Robert Kirkman "
Ok. Well. Im allergic to all things zombie with the exception of zombieland, shaun of the dead, and the resident evil movies and games so it doesn't surprise me that I don't know that title. Too many zombie books, movies, etc just like vampires and werewolves are overdone.
RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedK
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Enigman
@RedK said:
" @Enigman:  Kirkman also done Astounding Wolf-man  which wrapped up in issue 25, all his stuff is pretty sweet "
No thanks. As I stated I have had my fill of werewolf/zombie/undead/vampire/buffy/angel/twilight type material.
RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RedK
@Enigman: I'm the same with all the monster type stuff but what i should of said is that he doesn't do any of the expected stuff, like with Wolf-man he tries to be a hero then is convicted of the murder od his wife and he has to find the real killer, it's pretty good stuff, he also writes Invincible, which is a proper superhero book
xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xybernauts
@longbowhunter said:
" @Enigman: Yeah the cable company that got bought out by the one that is around now used to have an ala cart package. You just picked certain channels and they were individually priced. My friend got the upgrade for G4 so I know about all channels that were included. None of which was worth the money. "
What cable company was that?

@Enigman said:

@longbowhunter said:

" It sucks my cable provider jerked G4 off my package last year. Whoever decided to do that needs their penis jerked off. No wait ....I mean ripped off. "

Seems a bit extreme.....couldn't you just upgrade to a package that has G4? "

I actually thought that was hilarious.
 Truthfully I don't even like G4 really. Wouldn't really care if it got yanked from my package. You could always catch the episodes online right?

The lineup of new shows sounds great, but far from the best season ever. I'm sure there have been better. I have to admit the Nikkita show has caught my interest, or atleast those ads have done a great job of hooking me. 

@Enigman:  how could you not add the original Night of the Living Dead, and American Werewolf in London, and Interview with a Vampire movie to that list. They are so classic. Shame on you sir, shame:(.You like Resident Evil movies, really? j/k Well not really.
G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By G Bird

What about that Marvel Knights show I heard about, when does that come out?

Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Enigman
@RedK said:
" @Enigman: I'm the same with all the monster type stuff but what i should of said is that he doesn't do any of the expected stuff, like with Wolf-man he tries to be a hero then is convicted of the murder od his wife and he has to find the real killer, it's pretty good stuff, he also writes Invincible, which is a proper superhero book "
I'm sure it is a good series but just the fact that they are werewolves and zombies makes it a no-go for me. I could tell by the covers that it wasn't the traditional undead fare.

Invincible is good though.
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Enigman
@xybernauts said:

@Enigman said:

@longbowhunter

said:

Seems a bit extreme.....couldn't you just upgrade to a package that has G4? "

I actually thought that was hilarious.

To each their own.

@xybernauts said:

The lineup of new shows sounds great, but far from the best season ever. I'm sure there have been better. I have to admit the Nikkita show has caught my interest, or atleast those ads have done a great job of hooking me. 

Can you name and show evidence of a fall with more superhero related shows? Again with nikita: to each their own. Another nikita iteration doesn't excite me, didn't really like the first. The actress is all kinds of hot though.

@xybernauts

said:

@Enigman:  how could you not add the original Night of the Living Dead, and American Werewolf in London, and Interview with a Vampire movie to that list. They are so classic. Shame on you sir, shame:(.You like Resident Evil movies, really? j/k Well not really. "

It was as easy as not typing them. I didn't really feel like documenting all of the horror/undead movies I liked so I gave a few examples off the top of my head. I aslo didn't want to go back to ancient days either. I am not really a horror fan as it has been done to death, or undeath as the case may be. To me they are actually of the horror genre and not the superhero genre in my opinion. Yes. I liked the resident evil movies, I also liked Van helsing and Underworld. Doesn't matter to me whether you approve or not actually.

@G Bird said:
" What about that Marvel Knights show I heard about, when does that come out? "

Haven't seen or read anything about a Marvel Knights show or cartoon. It would be awesome though. Any links or scans you could post?
G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By G Bird

I don't know anything about it, or if it really is happening. I just saw somebody on this site mention it.

Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigman said:
" @RedK said:
" @Enigman:  Kirkman also done Astounding Wolf-man  which wrapped up in issue 25, all his stuff is pretty sweet "
No thanks. As I stated I have had my fill of werewolf/zombie/undead/vampire/buffy/angel/twilight type material. "
i don't like all that stuff either. but i love The Walking dead. it's more about survival and human nature in a world where society has crumbled as far as they know.
xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xybernauts
@Enigman said:

@xybernauts

said:

@Enigman:  how could you not add the original Night of the Living Dead, and American Werewolf in London, and Interview with a Vampire movie to that list. They are so classic. Shame on you sir, shame:(.You like Resident Evil movies, really? j/k Well not really. "

It was as easy as not typing them. I didn't really feel like documenting all of the horror/undead movies I liked so I gave a few examples off the top of my head. I aslo didn't want to go back to ancient days either. I am not really a horror fan as it has been done to death, or undeath as the case may be. To me they are actually of the horror genre and not the superhero genre in my opinion. Yes. I liked the resident evil movies, I also liked Van helsing and Underworld. Doesn't matter to me whether you approve or not actually.
   Well technically you said "  Im allergic to all things zombie with the exception of zombieland, shaun of the dead, and the resident evil movies and games so it doesn't surprise me that I don't know that title." so that leads one to beleive that if it's not included in that list you are allergic to it, which i assume means you don't like it, unless of course you like things that your allergic to which of course would be weird right? I agree with you that the horror genre isn't the Superhero genre. You liked Van Helsing too, your killing me here. :)
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Enigman
@ViciousCesar! said:
" @Enigman said:
" @RedK said:
No thanks. As I stated I have had my fill of werewolf/zombie/undead/vampire/buffy/angel/twilight type material. "
i don't like all that stuff either. but i love The Walking dead. it's more about survival and human nature in a world where society has crumbled as far as they know. "
I hear you. Replace zombies with super powered mutants and I'm in.
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Enigman
@xybernauts said:

" @Enigman said:

@xybernauts

said:

Well technically you said "  Im allergic to all things zombie with the exception of zombieland, shaun of the dead, and the resident evil movies and games so it doesn't surprise me that I don't know that title." so that leads one to beleive that if it's not included in that list you are allergic to it, which i assume means you don't like it, unless of course you like things that your allergic to which of course would be weird right? I agree with you that the horror genre isn't the Superhero genre. You liked Van Helsing too, your killing me here. :) "
Well technically if we went around taking everything literally in life we would probably be referred to as trolls constantly. Many people like the things they are allergic to so , no, it wouldn't be that weird actually.

Who cares what's killing you.

Go find someone elses thread to be a donald downer in please.
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By longbowhunter
@xybernauts:
The old local cable provider was called Sigecom. Later bought out by Insight. I'm not head over heels for G4, but if they're gonna have an animated Marvel show I'm pretty pissed I cant tune in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 123422
@Enigman said:
" @RedK said:
Well, at least Walking Dead doesn't have sparkling zombies
and it's pretty awesome from what i saw , liked the book
(btw, Kirkman also does Invincible)
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By DH69

other than the iron man anime, and possibly the x-men anime, none of that crap interests me. im tired of marvels  "hey lets take a chance" animation styles and the new avengers toon is full of it.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xybernauts
@Enigman: So then you like things you don't like? :) That's funny cause I kinda got that vibe about you. I'm not trolling, I'm just asking a question. 
RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RedK
@123422 said:
" @Enigman said:
" @RedK said:
Well, at least Walking Dead doesn't have sparkling zombies and it's pretty awesome from what i saw , liked the book (btw, Kirkman also does Invincible) "
also Haunt, and done the irreadeemable ant-man which was cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 123422
@RedK said:
" @123422 said:
" @Enigman said:
" @RedK said:
Well, at least Walking Dead doesn't have sparkling zombies and it's pretty awesome from what i saw , liked the book (btw, Kirkman also does Invincible) "
also Haunt, and done the irreadeemable ant-man which was cool "
Damn, forgot Irredeemable, that was great
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Enigman
@xybernauts said:
" @Enigman: So then you like things you don't like? :) That's funny cause I kinda got that vibe about you. I'm not trolling, I'm just asking a question.  "
I like things I don't like?  No, I don't like things I do like. 

Grow up child.

Thought you weren't going to talk to me any more. Just because it's your alt doesn't mean you didn't default on your commitment to never message me again.

You're not on topic. You're trolling. This isn't a battle forum.
xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xybernauts
@Enigman said:

" @xybernauts said:

" @Enigman: So then you like things you don't like? :) That's funny cause I kinda got that vibe about you. I'm not trolling, I'm just asking a question.  "

I like things I don't like?  No, I don't like things I do like.   Grow up child. Thought you weren't going to talk to me any more. Just because it's your alt doesn't mean you didn't default on your commitment to never message me again.  You're not on topic. You're trolling. This isn't a battle forum. "
Child? Really, wow. It's funny, you say it's not a battle forum, but your the one whose doing all the fighting, and all the insulting. I even put a smily face on my last post to clarify that I wasn't just trying to annoy you. I'm just conversing. Your the one who brought up your likes and dislikes regarding monsters in movies. That's the topic I was addressing. People talk about what what movies they like and dislike all the time. You got some serious anger issues.  If you don't want me to reply then don't answer. Oh and you realize that liking things you don't like and not liking things you do like is basically the same thing right?
RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RJMooreII
@longbowhunter said:
" @Enigman: I could but I wont. I shouldnt have to upgrade for something I already had. They put G4 on a package full of sports channels that I wont watch. Bummer! "
I have a wonderful device for your view pleasure. It is called teh internets.
Enigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Enigman
@xybernauts said:

" @Enigman said:

" @xybernauts said:

I like things I don't like?  No, I don't like things I do like.   Grow up child. Thought you weren't going to talk to me any more. Just because it's your alt doesn't mean you didn't default on your commitment to never message me again.  You're not on topic. You're trolling. This isn't a battle forum. "
Child? Really, wow. It's funny, you say it's not a battle forum, but your the one whose doing all the fighting, and all the insulting. I even put a smily face on my last post to clarify that I wasn't just trying to annoy you. I'm just conversing. Your the one who brought up your likes and dislikes regarding monsters in movies. That's the topic I was addressing. People talk about what what movies they like and dislike all the time. You got some serious anger issues.  If you don't want me to reply then don't answer. Oh and you realize that liking things you don't like and not liking things you do like is basically the same thing right? "
I suspect that you attempt to annoy people intentionally.
I brought up my likes and dislikes in a correspondence with another poster, not with you.
I am not angry at all. I am simply annoyed. There is a difference. But I suspect you effectuate both reactions often.

Yes. I realize that realize that liking things you don't like and not liking things you do like is basically the same thing. It's actually the exact same thing. You do realize that was sarcasm right? It is apparent that you did not realize it was sarcasm. I am happy to have enlightened you again.

You seem to have obsessive issues as you can't seem to stop following my threads and posting to me even when you stated that you were going to refrain from speaking to me at all.
xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xybernauts

So I was right then, you like things you dislike. And that's why you continue to converse with me even though you find my posts annoying. Because you enjoy the interaction even though your post state otherwise.  I don't follow your threads, if I have I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't even realize you started this thread until yesterday. When I stated that there probably had been better fall seasons for heroes I didn't even realize I was responding to your post. 

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jotham

There was a Nikita novel? Cool. The movie was pretty good. If you liked The Professional, you'll probably like it. You can watch it online here:
http://www.crackle.com/c/La_Femme_Nikita/La_Femme_Nikita/2449081

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By danhimself

I stopped reading this thread after the second post of bad mouthing the Walking Dead