#1 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8286 posts) - - Show Bio

So I searched the "Gen. Discussion" forums, and to my surprise, this hasn't been done yet.

So...Here goes.

• Rules.
  • Quotes from comics would be preferred, but you can post ones from TV shows if you want.
  • Please no movie quotes. Victor was poorly represented in those.
  • And finally, please take care to make sure no one else has posted the quote before you.
#2 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8286 posts) - - Show Bio

Ready...Set...Go!

#3 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is DOOMed

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15068 posts) - - Show Bio

Curses you!

Richards!

#5 Posted by TheCannon (19041 posts) - - Show Bio

My methods are a means to an end, no different than pruning weeds in order to let an orchid flourish. Those who stand in the way of my vision oppose me because they fear me, but more than that they fear what I represent. Change. Do you know what I despise Richards? And T'Challa? Because never one have they reined in their own self-righteous arrogance long enough to try and see what I see. Never once have they asked me: why? Do you want to know? Love. Measure my crimes against what mankind does to itself, and I am a saint. ... I have looked into the future, I have seen how one violent action after another spins the world toward a future where all that remains of Earth is a burned out cinder. Every time I have looked into the future, that is what I have seen. Every time but one. In one possible future mankind becomes united. Cures for all diseases are found. Global conflict ends. Hunger is abolished. Education is universal. And no one goes without. In that world, there are laws. To break even the slightest of these is to suffer immediate and terminal punishment. ... Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld.

#6 Posted by Cap10nate (2488 posts) - - Show Bio
My favorite part of this whole thing is that his foot is outside the panel. It may just be a coincidence, but I like to think that it means that although none may touch Doom, he can stand wherever he wishes even outside the confines of the panel.
#7 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

My favorite part of this whole thing is that his foot is outside the panel. It may just be a coincidence, but I like to think that it means that although none may touch Doom, he can stand wherever he wishes even outside the confines of the panel.

Is that Bucky behind Doom?

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm surrounded by idiots."- Dr. Doom

#9 Posted by Cap10nate (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Battle_Forum_Junkie: Yeah. It is from Winter Soldier #4.

#10 Posted by MandoViking (347 posts) - - Show Bio

"As for the Wizard, he takes excessive pride in his invention of antigravity drives - an achievement I accomplished while I was a Youth. Besides, how can I take anyone seriously who voluntarily takes the Trapster as a partner?"-Dr Doom

#11 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Security No.1: If you'll come this way, sir, we can get you to the--

Doctor Doom: This is most inconvenient. I had requested a private gate where I could meet with the delegation from Geneva on our way to the conference--

Security No.1: All I know is what I was told, some kind of problem with the gate.

Doom: Typical shoddy American workmanship. Such incompentence would not be permitted in the Latveria of -- DOCTOR DOOM.

Security No.2 (aka Captain America): How do you do that?

Doom: Do what?

Security No.2: Speak in all capitals like that?

Doom: Silence, minion.

#12 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

"Yo, screw this. Let's lift some heavy ass weight and get jacked, brah." - Dr. Doom

#13 Posted by MandoViking (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove: What is that from?

#14 Posted by JonSmith (4005 posts) - - Show Bio

FOOL. ALL quotes of DOOM are the greatest e'er spoken.

#15 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

@MandoViking said:

@ngroove: What is that from?

Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2, issue 50. It's just hilarious on how that single opening page of issue completely lampshades Doom's vocabulary "spoken in Capitals", ha.

#16 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

"No man speaks to Doom this way. Even Captain America."

#17 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

"Is it true what I've heard, Benjamin? That when Johnny Storm died -- valiantly facing an endless army... Is it true that you -- surrounded by crying children -- weeping at the inevitable death of your close comrade and friend... Is it true? Is it true that you just...watched? How very brave."

#18 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@fury714 said:

"Is it true what I've heard, Benjamin? That when Johnny Storm died -- valiantly facing an endless army... Is it true that you -- surrounded by crying children -- weeping at the inevitable death of your close comrade and friend... Is it true? Is it true that you just...watched? How very brave."

I laughed so hard when I read that in FF.

#20 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Such the ultimate insult to injury lol :D

#21 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

@fury714 said:

Such the ultimate insult to injury lol :D

I never get as excited about any other character than I do for Doom.

#22 Edited by MandoViking (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@ngroove: Thanks.

#23 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's one of my favorite Doomisms... It's fairly recent.  From Fantastic Four issue 611 

#24 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

Those who forget DOOMS history are DOOMED to repeat it!

#25 Posted by doombot890 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Foolish Flesh bags DOOMBOT designation #890 The greatest of all DOOMBOTS shall remind you that all words of DOOM are great!

But if you must find one you must reach back to the earliest.

DOOMBOT#890 has spoken!

#26 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@doombot890: But... Didn't Doom make sandwiches for the team once???  He, Spider-Man, Wolverine and a few others went after Thanos....  And Doom made sandwiches... LOL!!!!!!   Yes, that was a crap story... but...it happened.  sort of...
#27 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8286 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#28 Edited by Katrin_Romanoff_004 (957 posts) - - Show Bio

“My life is changing .When I was young I made a fateful choice. I chose science over sorcery. And I wanted chose again. Thus, I made a pact. I conjured a cabal of netherdemons who claimed they would make me the magician I could have been... and greater besides. But as is too often true demons, there there was barter involved. One condition. I had to sacrifice something of indescribable value. Something irreplaceable. Something only you could give me. Farewell my love. Dear, dear Valeria. I will miss you more than any will ever imagine... but I will always hold you close to me.”

-Doctor Doom (Earth 616 )

One of the saddest and most romantic Dr. Doom speeches EVER!!!!!

#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (44085 posts) - - Show Bio

"Of all the places, in all the worlds, you chose to accost Doom in his own home? FOOLS! Even the worst of men know better, GODS know better, who is behind such folly?"

#30 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just paraphrasing and i believe its from an ultimate spiderman issue but it goes "that power is rightfully mine for ultimate power is the ultimate destiny of doom"

#31 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Something like...

"I am not evil.

I am not good.

I am not neutral.

I am only DOOM."

#32 Posted by STARK_Industries (4 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by bflynn316 (787 posts) - - Show Bio

@fury714 said:

I've been wondering, does anyone have a scan of this?

#34 Posted by Alberto_Weskardo (336 posts) - - Show Bio

"I killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into suit of armor...."

Kills his ex and turns her into a suit of armor

#35 Posted by Noone301994 (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

"My only flaw, I surround myself with idiots."

#36 Posted by TheComedian_ (448 posts) - - Show Bio

My methods are a means to an end, no different than pruning weeds in order to let an orchid flourish. Those who stand in the way of my vision oppose me because they fear me, but more than that they fear what I represent. Change. Do you know what I despise Richards? And T'Challa? Because never one have they reined in their own self-righteous arrogance long enough to try and see what I see. Never once have they asked me: why? Do you want to know? Love. Measure my crimes against what mankind does to itself, and I am a saint. ... I have looked into the future, I have seen how one violent action after another spins the world toward a future where all that remains of Earth is a burned out cinder. Every time I have looked into the future, that is what I have seen. Every time but one. In one possible future mankind becomes united. Cures for all diseases are found. Global conflict ends. Hunger is abolished. Education is universal. And no one goes without. In that world, there are laws. To break even the slightest of these is to suffer immediate and terminal punishment. ... Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld.

Never read anything with Dr. Doom in it, but that's seriously badass.

#37 Posted by AwesomePerson (611 posts) - - Show Bio

RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDDDDDDDSSSSSSS

#38 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow - that's epic!

- TAS

#39 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure where's it from, found it on Google, but I thought it was pretty funny. xD

#40 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom and Lex Luthor are awesome. And possibly the same person.