Great Pre-New 52 Series'?

Vhyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all. :) So I'm still very new to comics and I've read a lot of New 52 stuff which really got me interested in reading back before the New-52.

I've tried searching 'best DC comic series in 2009' and things like that, but I can't seem to find anything but the mention of 'Detective Comics' which is nearly 900 issues. I was wondering if some of you could list some of the best series to check out?

Thanks!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Veshark

@vhyra said:

Hey all. :) So I'm still very new to comics and I've read a lot of New 52 stuff which really got me interested in reading back before the New-52.

I've tried searching 'best DC comic series in 2009' and things like that, but I can't seem to find anything but the mention of 'Detective Comics' which is nearly 900 issues. I was wondering if some of you could list some of the best series to check out?

Thanks!

Welcome to comics and the Vine! Always happy to see new faces.

What sort of characters are you enjoying now? If you can give some titles that show your preferences (like do you prefer high-scale cosmic heroes or gritty street-level noir heroes), it'd be easier to recommend books.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@vhyra said:

Thanks!

I wonder if they mean that Batwoman: Elegy was the best thing in 2009. It was originally printed between June and December 2009 in Detective Comics #854-#860.

It's brilliant, and I highly recommend it. :)

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree
Vhyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Vhyra

@the_tree: Youuuu are awesome! Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for + will be checking them out ASAP!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Series from 2009 and onward or even older?
BB