#1 Posted by NesquiiK (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering what some of the comic experts think.

For Marvel NOW! I'm currently reading Fantastic Four, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-men.

For New 52 I'm reading Batman, Aquaman, Justice League and Justice League of America.

I do feel that some of these titles are a little difficult to understand because the might require some prior knowledge, so I'm wondering which comics right now are superb for new readers other than the list of compiled of my own.

#2 Edited by i_like_swords (20355 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is a very good read. The art work compliments the types of stories being told, although it doesn't seem like everyone is too crazy about it. Story-wise though it's a great series and doesn't require any prior knowledge.

Captain America is also good to pick up if you're a fan, although without spoiling anything, it shows quite a different version of Cap than I think we're used to seeing, so it's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with the character beforehand. Other than that it's an interesting series.

Just putting it out there, I'm not a comic expert, only started reading recently. Just my opinion.

#3 Posted by NesquiiK (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'll be looking into Hawkeye soon enough. Keep hearing great things about it. I don't know why but I'm kind of tempted to drop Aquaman since I still don't feel too knowledgeable on the most mainstream characters yet (Batman, Superman, Wolverine, etc.)

#4 Posted by sagejonathan (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want easily accessible books then go check out Guardians of the Galaxy from issue 1 and Green Lantern when issue 21 comes out. Also, don't restrict yourself to just Marvel and DC. There are many other great books out there so stay open minded.

#5 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash, Uncanny Avengers, Daredevil, Thor: God of Thunder, New Avengers, Batman, Detective Comics, JL, JLA, All-New X-Men etc.

#6 Posted by JSH92 (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you considered reading Earth 2? There's really no prior knowledge necessary for that series as it essentially completely recreates the Earth-2 universe.

Along with Earth 2, from the New 52 I would recommend Wonder Woman and the cancelled Blue Beetle series.

For Marvel NOW! I would recommend Thor: God of Thunder and Morbius: The Living Vampire.

#7 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1456 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool AWSOME unless your not a big deadpool fan

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (25818 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 is good

Action Comics 19 is a good place to jump on

Also Nightwing is Awesome

#9 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (14058 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructible Hulk is a Good even all you need is basic knowledge of The Hulk and Bruce Banner

#10 Edited by Billy Batson (59003 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man, Demon Knights, Dial H, Green Arrow (starting with issue #17), I, Vampire, Swamp Thing, Threshold and Wonder Woman.

BB

#11 Posted by modunhanul (414 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno. Most of New 52 comics have 5 years stuff.

I think Earth 2 would be good for new readers. And I thought Justice League would've been good for new readers too but my dad was confused when he read Justice League Origin.

And maybe Shazam back up? I'm not sure...

#12 Edited by Mucklefluga (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

@nesquiik said:

Just wondering what some of the comic experts think.

For Marvel NOW! I'm currently reading Fantastic Four, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-men.

For New 52 I'm reading Batman, Aquaman, Justice League and Justice League of America.

I do feel that some of these titles are a little difficult to understand because the might require some prior knowledge, so I'm wondering which comics right now are superb for new readers other than the list of compiled of my own.

The Flash, Hawkeye, Saga!