#1 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Meaning, what Comic book, or books, are the pride and joy of your collection? What is your dream book? Complete runs count as well. Does grade matter to you?

I'm curious, I don't see many threads that talk about comic books THEMSELVES? I've seen threads mainly about characters, and 'vs.' debates, and storylines, but what about the books and hobby of collecting them????

anyone?

#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Meaning, what Comic book, or books, are the pride and joy of your collection? What is your dream book? Complete runs count as well. Does grade matter to you?I'm curious, I don't see many threads that talk about comic books THEMSELVES? I've seen threads mainly about characters, and 'vs.' debates, and storylines, but what about the books and hobby of collecting them????anyone?"

Dark Knight Returns and Dark Knight Strikes Again, + V For Vendetta are probably the best books in my collection.

#3 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW...guess this comic site is a bit different than I originally thought. No one cares about this aspect of their hobby? that's a bit....odd.

Check out the CGC boards if you never have, WAY different in terms of the discussions...interesting however

#4 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Birds of Prey issue 8 is my all time pride and joy. Then my whole set of Godfall books, one duplicate signed by Michael Turner. I've got a Michael Turner cover of Superman/Batman Supergirl run. I have the first issue of the Jenny Sparks mini. Then there's my Buffy collection, they're in pride of place... I have so many I adore, but my Godfalls and my issue 8 of BoP are right at the top.

#5 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

I have some really early issues of Sandman . I don't have 1, but I think I have 2, also I think I have 8. I do have that one glow in the dark special.

#6 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine are X-Men #200, #200 variant cover and #201. Not cause there worth anything dollar wise but somebody very special got them for me. There my crown jewels.

#7 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers: the entire Redzone saga

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come Ultimate limited Edition...

So far i've got it autographed by Mark Waid... Alex Ross is next on my list when he's at the comic con next year :D

M

#9 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Vision, R.I.P!

#10 Posted by Blue_Shield (752 posts) - - Show Bio

This is mine. It's in Fine(F) condition. I got it as a present from a family friend back in 1990. He also gave me issue #37, and Fantastic Four Vol.1 #90 & 100.

#11 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue_Shield says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/3000/2133/2133-7782-1-x-men_400.jpgThis is mine. It's in Fine(F) condition. I got it as a present from a family friend back in 1990. He also gave me issue #37, and Fantastic Four Vol.1 #90 & 100."

VERY nice..the scan seems NM...;)

#12 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice book, Meth...

#13 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

My Marvel 1602 TPB. It's what brought me back into the world of comics this year.

#14 Posted by Bumblebee (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi. Im new in the vine

#15 Posted by Blue_Shield (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Blue_Shield says:
"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/3000/2133/2133-7782-1-x-men_400.jpg This is mine. It's in Fine(F) condition. I got it as a present from a family friend back in 1990. He also gave me issue #37, and Fantastic Four Vol.1 #90 & 100."
VERY nice..the scan seems NM...;)"

I just used the cover scan on this site(I don't own a scanner).

#16 Posted by Blue_Shield (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the 'vine.

#17 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Kingdom Come Ultimate limited Edition...So far i've got it autographed by Mark Waid... Alex Ross is next on my list when he's at the comic con next year :DM"

Yeah, Kingdom Come is probably my favourite. Though it's not limited addition. :<

#18 Posted by Shatterstar (4546 posts) - - Show Bio

& signed by Mcfarlane

Those would be the top 2, not sure anything else comes close.
Post Edited:2007-08-30 19:44:00

#19 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Preacher and Hitman are my grails of comics lol

i also have a Ross signed picture on my wall. My dad went to a comic con one time when he was flying. i think texas he stopped to see what i was jabbering on about. He called me from it and i said if a man named Alex Ross is their do one of two things. Take a picture or get something signed. He go a poster for me so im happy lol. long ass time ago

Post Edited:2007-08-30 19:55:38
Post Edited:2007-08-30 19:55:54

#20 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/3000/2127/2127-13263-1-amazing-spider-man-_400.jpg& signed by McfarlaneThose would be the top 2, not sure anything else comes close.
Post Edited:2007-08-30 19:44:00"

Both awesome grails...ASM#121 was my first Spidey Comic as a kid..and guess who owns the original cover art????...;)

check out my images on my'vine' page...my GREATEST of grails!!!!

#21 Posted by Shatterstar (4546 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Shatterstar says:
"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/3000/2127/2127-13263-1-amazing-spider-man-_400.jpg& signed by McfarlaneThose would be the top 2, not sure anything else comes close.
Post Edited:2007-08-30 19:44:00"

Both awesome grails...ASM#121 was my first Spidey Comic as a kid..and guess who owns the original cover art????...;)

check out my images on my'vine' page...my GREATEST of grails!!!!

"

Pretty fortunate place to start.

You have Amazing Fantasy 15? Can I have money?

#22 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

For now the only comic that comes to my mind that I love in my collection is this.

I'd have to go through my boxes for the other ones that slipped my mind.

#23 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"For now the only comic that comes to my mind that I love in my collection is this.I'd have to go through my boxes for the other ones that slipped my mind."

rakensmakenragginmother

You lucky SOB