Gotta Ask: FMA Brotherhood vs JL Spite?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So according to the FMA guys the Homunculi basically gods they according to these fans can fight in milliseconds to nanoseconds (Wrath, Greed, Sloth) and can cut through virtually anything and everything (Wrath, Greed, Lust) Can shapeshift into anything at all and trick people 100% (Envy), and BFR everyone and anyone (Gluttony)
Oh and can absorb and use the ability of virtually anyone they fight (Pride)
On top of their regeneration, Enhanced Strength, Speed, Reflexes, etc.

So would a thread with them against the Justice League (Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter) be a spite thread? And against whom?

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Chronus

Superman alone solos the FMA universe without much effort. Father, after creating the philosopher's stone, is the most powerful character in the series and he isn't that powerful compared to the major villains of DC.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disclaimer: Ive only seen the original series, it was/is my favourite fictional universe ever, period. Which is why I only watched a few episodes of Brotherhood before I got pissed and turned it off (changing Scar?!)

I dont know where you got the nanosecond combat from, but they are closer to bullet speed. Most of them could not dodge a bullet fired at close range. Maes Hughes easily pegged a homunculus with a thrown dagger. Ed doesnt have enhanced reflexes or speed at all, and was shown as capable of standing toe to toe with them on several occasions with his 'wrist sword'. So, id say the speed is highly exaggerated, they really ring in just above peak human/olympian.

Lust is said to be capable of cutting just about anything, but we are never really shown an example of her limits. Id say her claws are less sharp/indestructible by far than Wolverines (not related to the Justice League of course, just a good comparison IMO), and there isnt doubt in my mind that she couldnt cut Supes.

A lot of DC Heavy Hitters have super vision, Supes being a notable example, he could likely see through her shape shifting, by looking at the atomic level, or even seeing Envy's lack of necessary anatomical features. Also, Martian Manhunter could read Envy's mind. Still, this is a good ability to have.

I know Gluttony becomes the gate in Brotherhood, from hearsay, but I dont know the extent of his capabilities as such, so moving on.

The best thing going for the Homculus is that they are basically unkillable and indestructable, unless exposed to their own corpses.

Anyway, them vs the Justice League would be spite imo. Shoot, throw in the top alchemists with Philosopher's stones, and its still horrible spite. Realistically, FMA characters would match up better against street levelers like Spidey, Wolverine, Captain America, Batman etc.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronus: Oh but according to the FMA fans Wrath, Greed and Lust could cut through virtually anything. And that Pride can absorb anyone who touches his shadows. They think they are pretty bad ass.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronus: Oh but according to the FMA fans Wrath, Greed and Lust could cut through virtually anything. And that Pride can absorb anyone who touches his shadows. They think they are pretty bad ass.

That doesn't apply to any of those three, especially Greed who focuses on his carbon body. Wrath's eye would not help against Superman, Greed's carbon body would not help against Superman, and Lust...Lust couldn't even save herself from Mustang's flame alchemy.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@deaditegonzo: Yeah I wasn't happy with Brotherhood either. I did actually watch most of it though. What annoyed me is that the original was very complex in terms or morality and the concept of what makes you human. It was really just an amazing series with how complex it became especially with how the homunculus looked like those people who a most likely mourning person tried to bring back and then some of them having to face their creation who was now a twisted kind of human being. Where as brotherhood just can't hold up to that complexity, I will admit however that brotherhood has some truly epic fights that outdo the battles in the original but to me that's the only thing it's got over the original.