GOTG cast think they can take on The Avengers

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tyrus

At the SDCC '13 Press conference for Guardians of the Galaxy, Zoe Saldana expressed her views on the shared Universe and mentioned, "We're different than the Avengers," insists Zoe Saldana. "The Guardians have much 'bigger' powers. We could totally kick Thor and Captain America's ass."

No Caption Provided

Dave Bautista agreed in a later interview stating, "Drax could definitely beat up Hulk and Thor." Seemingly in an effort to differentiate his warrior character and the Hulk, Bautista adds, "Drax is an interesting creature. He's full of rage and he's full of honor. But the best thing about Drax is he's hysterical, without really meaning to be."

Honestly, I think Zoe and definitely Dave have not picked up a comic at all. I do however agree with Zoe's comment on how the Guardians powers are very different (even Joss Whedon agrees that The Avengers powers are too 'punchy'). Although we haven't seen any feats of movie Drax, I still think Thor and Hulk (alone) can hammer him down as they can/should in the comics. Zoe's comment was completely off as well. The Guardians can beat Cap for sure but let's say Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora, Groot and Rocket Raccoon went up against the Avengers (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk)? Drax is the only real threat but Hulk would still smash him, Thor would have to be careful to NOT kill Gamora, Cap and Star-Lord is a tricky one as it could go either way with or without weapons, Iron Man could laser Groot, Groot could smother Iron Man's armor, who knows. Rocket Raccoon is just another pain in the ass, Hulk could easily take a second out of beating Drax to smash Rocket. Hulk and Thor are the big-shots here so I hope Zoe and Dave rethink what they said. I hope the Avengers cast responds to this.

No Caption Provided

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=84064

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

I think he was just joking.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tyrus

Zoe wasn't, Dave wasn't either. Saw the interview... I can see why they would say this stuff but nonetheless it bothers a fanboy like me :P

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess they want to come off more interesting. The ultimate threat is Groot of course. He solos.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny...

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its not entirely fair, we have no idea what the power levels of GOTG are yet so its just them making bold statements.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I think so,as well.

I guess they want to come off more interesting. The ultimate threat is Groot of course. He solos.

And possibly this

@tyrus said:

@wolverine08 said:

Zoe wasn't, Dave wasn't either. Saw the interview... I can see why they would say this stuff but nonetheless it bothers a fanboy like me :P

How can you tell?

Anyway,I think they were just joking to promote their movie.

If that is not the case,then zoe and dave need to educate their ignorant a$$es before they speak out of it. Because it's painful

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not entirely fair, we have no idea what the power levels of GOTG are yet so its just them making bold statements.

Oh yeah..I also didn't take into account that,if they are talking movie versions,then they may not be wrong.

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

I just realized that the shadows are different than the characters pose for GotG. *facepalm*

I wondered if they were going to leave out Drax using knives, but it seems he is wielding a knife in each hand with his shadow.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized that the shadows are different than the characters pose for GotG. *facepalm*

I wondered if they were going to leave out Drax using knives, but it seems he is wielding a knife in each hand with his shadow.

One of the comic con pics has both of his knives..

and what's wrong with the shadows....

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Veshark

Take it with a grain of salt, they're actors and actresses, not comic-book fans.

Doctor_Divine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Doctor_Divine_

Zoe is just really enthusiastic, Dave is... Whatever. You have to accept to hear this from all of The Avengers rivals, Hugh Jackman said he wants to kick Iron Man's/Robert Downey Jr's ass when he knows he can't :P

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoe is just really enthusiastic, Dave is... Whatever. You have to accept to hear this from all of The Avengers rivals, Hugh Jackman said he wants to kick Iron Man's/Robert Downey Jr's ass when he knows he can't :P

In all fairness to Hugh Jackman, he probably COULD kick Robert Downey Jr.'s ass.

Doctor_Divine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Doctor_Divine_

@jonsmith: Oh yeah I know THAT, I just meant Hugh's Wolverine couldn't whoop RDJ's Iron Man.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Oh yeah..I also didn't take into account that,if they are talking movie versions,then they may not be wrong.

Thats what I'm hoping they mean because comic Avengers should win.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

Yup, cause nothing strikes fear into peoples' hearts like a racoon with a jetpack and a talking space tree.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think movie Drax could take on movie Thor since Thor is nerfed.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

Maybe Dave was totally talking about real life fighting :P? I'd imagine a cosmic sized Batista bomb/ newly named Drax driver through a moon would take out Thor.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The shadow effect is deliberate....

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Seems like a lot of people who are involved with comic book movies have never picked up a book. Tim Burton made the first Batman movies. GOTG could not take out the Avengers IMO. Cool picks though, looks dope.

Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

@fallen_crippled said:

Nothing. I have looked at that picture plenty of times and just now noticed the shadows. So it's a facepalm for myself.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEGRAAF

I didnt think the shadows were supposed to actually be of the characters shown as they are standing

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well maybe they have feats in their movies that they already read about that put them above hulk and thor.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hopefully that means we'll get to see Drax vs Hulk in Avengers 3

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

Wat!?!--- No waaay Cap gets beat- he beats em all without breakin a sweat.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@fallen_crippled said:

Nothing. I have looked at that picture plenty of times and just now noticed the shadows. So it's a facepalm for myself.

Ah,okay lol