#1 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to keep asking for recommendations but I just picked up the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro Series Raphael and liked it and want to read more. I don't know what to read so can you tell me some good ones.

-jonEsherfey

#2 Posted by danhimself (22623 posts) - - Show Bio

if you're looking for current books then the IDW series is currently running

my first foray into comics with the Archie's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures and I loved it though it could easily be taken as a kids book since it started out as an adaption of the 80's animated series but quickly started off into it's own direction and got significantly darker as the series progressed

the best of all of them though is the original Mirage series that started it all...I loved that book and will frequently reread the series...the only problem is it's availability...it's really hard to find these days...though IDW has taken steps to fix that problem by reprinting the series in color

#3 Posted by danhimself (22623 posts) - - Show Bio

also the Raphael book that came out this week was a reprint from the Mirage books

#4 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I just picked it up. I really like it.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22623 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonEsherfey: then you should check out the other Mirage reprints that IDW is doing...they're only a few issues in

#6 Posted by supercool117 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@supercool117 said:

There's also the Ultimate Collections that IDW has been putting out. Pretty good discount on amazon, though depends how fast you want to get at it. Those books are all the original black and white and oversized. I think the 3rd one is coming out shortly. http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Collection/dp/1613770073

I'd get these. Any TMNT comic written by Kevin Eastman or Peter Laird are good honestly.

#8 Posted by Replicant0658 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize this post is a month too late, but I HIGHLY recommend the current IDW series. I just started reading it recently and I am officially obsessed! I've been a long time turtle fan and this series is so freaking awesome, it's basically a love letter to fans of all ages.