Good Punisher Stories?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I want to read mainstream 616 Punisher, I want to make sure it's canon.

I have a list made out below, tell me what you think, and if there is anything I should add/take off.

Punisher: Year One

Punisher: Circle of Blood

Punisher War Journal Classic - Volume 1

Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank, Punisher: War Zone - The Resurrection of Ma Gnucci, The Punisher Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, Vol. 4, Vol. 5, Vol. 6. Garth Ennis (run). I am confused on Welcome Back Frank and Volume 1, they seem like the same thing? Also when does "The Resurrection of Ma Gnucci" take place?

The Punisher Vol. 1: Dark Reign: Rick Remender. I heard to only read this, as his later stuff, sucks.... Frankein Castle....

The Punisher, Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, and Punisher: Enter the War Zone. (Greg Rucka's run)

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@allstarsuperman: Looks like a solid list so far. Go through all of that first then there might be something left for you to read lol. I still need to pick up a lot of those stories but some of them are tough to get online for a normal price for some reason..

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: okay thanks, I though i did pretty good, but I want someone to clear up Ennis runs question for me.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@allstarsuperman: pretty sure the resurrection of Ma Gnucci happened in Punisher War Zone 6 issue mini.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: pretty sure the resurrection of Ma Gnucci happened in Punisher War Zone 6 issue mini.

yeah, where do I read it in order, after Ennis complete run, of somewhere in between the 6 volumes?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@allstarsuperman: Concerning welcome back Frank that is what Volume one of Garth Ennis run is. I believe resurrection of ma gnucci takes place after welcome back Frank and before volume two all though I am unsure.

You seem to have a pretty good list. All though just a heads up with Garth Ennis run you will see certain characters appear and get down played because Ennis does have a bit of a bias. Just be mindful of that when reading his run.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@jashro44 said:

@allstarsuperman: Concerning welcome back Frank that is what Volume one of Garth Ennis run is. I believe resurrection of ma gnucci takes place after welcome back Frank and before volume two all though I am unsure.

You seem to have a pretty good list. All though just a heads up with Garth Ennis run you will see certain characters appear and get down played because Ennis does have a bit of a bias. Just be mindful of that when reading his run.

Okay thanks, so of the 2 links they're just different printings of the same thing, okay the helps a lot. And thanks for saying when the resurrection book is.

So I have heard, and seen scans of him owning the likes of Wolverine and Spider-man. I think I will read Rucka's run first as it will be easily obtainable, and won't require any prior knowledge from what I can tell. Then go back and read the rest of my list in order.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jashro44

@allstarsuperman said:

@jashro44 said:

Okay thanks, so of the 2 links they're just different printings of the same thing, okay the helps a lot. And thanks for saying when the resurrection book is.

So I have heard, and seen scans of him owning the likes of Wolverine and Spider-man. I think I will read Rucka's run first as it will be easily obtainable, and won't require any prior knowledge from what I can tell. Then go back and read the rest of my list in order.

No problem. I hope you enjoy the stories.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Punisher MAX.

Just... Punisher MAX. All I need to say. Canon or not, it's good.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: okay thanks.

@jedixman said:

Punisher MAX.

Just... Punisher MAX. All I need to say. Canon or not, it's good.

I already found that on the internet..............

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Pokeysteve

@allstarsuperman:

Nice list! I think I have a few you can add in order.

Punisher Born

We get to see Frank where it really all began. Vietnam.

Punisher Volume 2

I'm least experienced in this run but it's what put him on the map and spun off War Journal and then War Zone.

Punisher War Zone (War Zone with Ma was the 2nd war zone).

I guess this would be War Zone classic haha. I prefer this over War Journal classic as this is a bit more gritty and closer to the brutal Punisher we all know.

I can help with Ennis' stuff too. The volume 1 you have listed is Welcome Back, Frank. Great read. The volume 2 you have listed is really volume 1 of Ennis' Marvel Knights Punisher which is a continuation of Welcome Back, Frank. He loves to humiliate Wolverine so don't use anything in there as feats other than prep feats lol. With Ennis' Marvel Knights run I'd definitely try to find the actual comics. They'll be cheaper and easier to find than the trades.

Resurrection of Ma Gnucci, I think, can be read anytime after Welcome Back, Frank.

It might be just me but I found Rucka's run to be really boring and uneventful.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: thanks, I'll update my list, and I was contemplating getting issues over trades, because it would probably be cheaper.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By Pokeysteve

@allstarsuperman:

When I was looking for that Marvel Knights run years ago it was hard to find for cheap. Don't even want to think about looking now. It's not that many issues anyways. I wanna say 37.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@pokeysteve: alright, just to make sure. Marvel Knights is the Ennis ongoing right?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers