Good news Old Lobo fans

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been tweeting to Cullen Bunn. and he does not even know if old Lobo will be coming back or not.

This tweet is legit.

elliot spencer@Spensere1

@cullenbunn

So is new 52 Lobo going to replace old Lobo? - 17 Oct

More Tweets

elliot spencer@Spensere1

@cullenbunn

So wait? Were going to be stuck with New 52 Lobo for good? No come back from the Old Lobo EVER? Just this thing? - 18 Oct

Cullen Funn-Size@cullenbunn

Follow

@Spensere1 I can't say what the future holds. Will you "ever" see him again? Probably. But he sure looks dead to me.

So keep up old Lobo fans. He will most likely make a come back. :)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

For the love of... it is Lobo, he is a parody. In any case who cares? Cullen Bunn is a fantastic writer.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty boy Lobo won't last long. Sales show other wise. If that Lobo is a parody then do explain how pretty twilight vampires are going to sell? Im more omega men Lobo. Yes he is a good writer but New 52 Lobo is going to fail.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ariesxmasters

@captainmarvel4ever: I agree with you I've never seen so much hate for a parody character holy cow.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Please tell me you didn't create an account just to complain about new Lobo.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Ironically, DC made this new Lobo because so many fans complained about the first Lobo we got in the New 52. After reading 1 issue of Cullen Bunn's series, I can already say I really like this new one.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the love of... it is Lobo, he is a parody. In any case who cares?

Lots and lots of people obviously. Deadpool is a parody and he's more popular than ever.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I agree with you I see a lot of potential for the series but of course only time will tell. He seems to be really mad about his appearance.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Lots and lots of people obviously. Deadpool is a parody and he's more popular than ever.

Deadpool is not a parody character, he is a comedy character.

@captainmarvel4ever: I agree with you I see a lot of potential for the series but of course only time will tell. He seems to be really mad about his appearance.

If you add a good writer to a series with potential, it means there are good comics ahead of us.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I did not create an account to talk about new 52 Lobo. First of all it does not take a genius to know the new 52 Lobo is going to take. I have been looking, talking to fans, and resacrching and talking to Cullen Bunn. Im just trying to get people informed. Why must we all be forced to be quiet and NOT say an opinion. So what voice it. I just want Old fans to know not to give up hope. Let them speak. Its better then having them to choke on a mess. I have seen to many people having to give up on stuff they love because of people like you and DC and Companies.

As for deadpool he stayed in character. Marvel did not step on the fans.

SO YEAH GO AHEAD HATE ME!!

You don't have to respond. I mean why do you care? You clearly have such good faith in the new 52 Lobo. So why attack the old fans? Afraid of being wrong.

In my eyes both of the fans are wrong. I could care less which Lobo wins. I will stick with the omega men.

The internet is big enough for all of us. So let people speak. I got nothing against your views. in fact I want a good debate.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faux-Bo isn't a parody, and if he's meant to be one, it's a bad take on it.

Parodies generally involve comedy and overexageration. Faux-Bo has neither.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I did not create an account to talk about new 52 Lobo. First of all it does not take a genius to know the new 52 Lobo is going to take. I have been looking, talking to fans, and resacrching and talking to Cullen Bunn. Im just trying to get people informed. Why must we all be forced to be quiet and NOT say an opinion. So what voice it. I just want Old fans to know not to give up hope. Let them speak. Its better then having them to choke on a mess. I have seen to many people having to give up on stuff they love because of people like you and DC and Companies.

You don't have to respond. I mean why do you care? You clearly have such good faith in the new 52 Lobo. So why attack the old fans? Afraid of being wrong.

In my eyes both of the fans are wrong. I could care less which Lobo wins. I will stick with the omega men.

The internet is big enough for all of us. So let people speak. I got nothing against your views. in fact I want a good debate.

No Caption Provided

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Devilhands

DeathpooltheT1000: Really? How immature. Im sticking for the first amendment and you bring out some girl?

THE INTERNET IS BIG ENOUGH LET PEOPLE SPEAK!!

But no you guys wanna bully people.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

Riiiight, and Lobo wasn't? Okay then.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

Lobo has been used for comedy, but that's a completely different subject.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For the love of... it is Lobo, he is a parody. In any case who cares? Cullen Bunn is a fantastic writer.

Miracle Man go home, you're drunk.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice shameless self-promotion there.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to be able to tell people what is going on. I can't stand bullies. I have been seeing new 52 fans pick on Old fans. And i can't stand a bully. More importantly immature ones.

Let people voice there opinion. Even if its wrong. You should respect them and be nice and tell em your point of view. No wonder why this world is so messed up. You can't say anything without being ganged up on.

I hope none of you guys ever have to be ganged up on like this. It saddens me today's world.

By the way I notice its the same people who responded to these Lobo post. Why can't you just respect a peoples opinion. You got to voice yours let others speak.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um... erg... this thread isn't for me.

- TAS

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never wanted to try to start a fight. All I wanted to do is tell people what is going on. I wanted this to be peaceful. Not have a all out war.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

@greatcaesarsghost said:

Lobo has been used for comedy, but that's a completely different subject.

How many pre Nu52 Lobo issues have you read that weren't comedy?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, you created like 3 consecutive posts stating your disapproval of the New Lobo, people are obviously gonna think something's up.

Also Deadpool didn't start out as a parody, he was a rip-off of Deathstroke. Then Joe Kelly got his hands on him and made him a comedic character.

You say you could care less which is better yet you say Omega Men Lobo is your pick. Yeah how the heck does that work?

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

@devilhands said:

Dude, you created like 3 consecutive posts stating your disapproval of the New Lobo, people are obviously gonna think something's up.

Also Deadpool didn't start out as a parody, he was a rip-off of Deathstroke. Then Joe Kelly got his hands on him and made him a comedic character.

He was always a Deathstrokeparody. He just went way off into lalal land and became a cheesy comedic parody.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Devilhands

First of all I have the post what I want. Im not hurting people. Im just stating my opinion. Im just sick and tired of seeing old Lobo fans being picked up so im standing up for them. I wanna neutral but every one is being a jerk so im going to stand up for them.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: I've only read a little bit of that, but what I'm saying (or meant to say but somehow forgot to type) is that the comedy is an extension of that parody, and for this new interpretation DC is choosing not to use the parody in that way. I did find it funny that in the first issue of this new series, there is a scene that is a very clear parody mocking some of today's more modern media in the scene when Lobo is a shirtless painting. Again, Lobo's comedic nature is another subject entirely, but if you like Lobo then this new series has plenty of Lobo, it's a parody, but at the same time Lobo is still violent, and as ever he's sorry, because he's not sorry :)

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

@devilhands said:

He was always a Deathstrokeparody. He just wen way off into lalal land and became a cheesy comedic parody.

You have to be actually be intentionally funny and comedic for that to work. Liefeld wrote him as a one dimensional guy just like every other character he made, except his one comes in assassin flavor. What was Deadpool making fun of about Deathstroke or anything about him in New Mutants 98'? Nothing he was a one dimensional character till Joe Kelly got to him.

First of all I have the post what I want. Im not hurting people. Im just stating my opinion. Im just sick and tired of seeing old Lobo being picked up so im standing up for them. I wanna neutral but every one is being a jerk so im going to stand up for them.

Yeah, I don't exactly see any posts saying Old Lobo sucks it's actually vice versa (You mean picked on right? Because picked up is a mostly used term for picking up women). Just because people like the other doesn't mean they think the rest are terrible you know.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean: I honestly much preferred Deadpool written by Liefield when he was just Deathstroke for Marvel.

As far as classic Lobo, I'd like to see him resurrected, maybe even have both Lobos exist at the same time.

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seen people post about the old Lobo and they got attacked plenty of times. and by the same people to.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean: I honestly much preferred Deadpool written by Liefield when he was just Deathstroke for Marvel.

As far as classic Lobo, I'd like to see him resurrected, maybe even have both Lobos exist at the same time.

.................................... yeah, I don't think we're gonna get along very well so let's just stop this debate. I respect that you liked him as a one dimensional rip-off. But I enjoy how the current run while keeping his comedic roots from Kelly and Way's run still manage to delve deep into his character..

Devilhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreatCaesarsGhost That a great idea. It would make ever one happy. Why can't we all find a happy middle and just have both.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

@greatcaesarsghost said:

.................................... yeah, I don't think we're gonna get along very well so let's just stop this debate. I respect that you liked him as a one dimensional rip-off. But I enjoy how the current run while keeping his comedic roots from Kelly and Way's run still manage to delve deep into his character..

We were debating?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

@greatcaesarsghost said:

We were debating?

Eh more like pointless arguing really :P LOL.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

/thread.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've liked both. Used to love the old school Lobo as a kid. But I also like this Lone gunmen, troubled, baby faced badass too.