Good news

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I'd be so happy if they put Spider-Man as a half black half Puerto Rican in the MCU. (+)

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By makhai

pathetic

• Expain.

* I never mentioned whites so, thats a waste of an argument

• I never said you did. It was an opposing theoretical example in reference to your immediate fear of blacks. The fact that you didn't understand that makes me a bit sad.

* thanks for proving im not racist

• I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. If you are afraid of blacks just because they are black, you are racist.

* if youre as naive as you are now, theres a good chance

• You'll have to organize your thoughts much better if you want to debate me. Just because you are a child, doesn't mean you have to type like one.

* Talking to yourself? Since I never said that. Saying that would imply my own family are killers. And since you brought it up, you assumed i'd insult my own family, so f u

• Talking to myself? I have been sure to tag you in every reply I have made to you. You are the one that made reference to the drug cartel in Mexico and how the problem with it is a direct reflection on an entire people. If you didn't mean to make that connection, then I again recommend that you organize your thoughts better.

* talking to yourself again

• You'll have to do more than simply make vague, dismissive statements if you intend to 'hurt my feelings'. Sentence fragments don't hurt me at all.

* There is a corrlation. Never said they caused it, so once again talking to yourself

• I don't think 'talking to yourself' means what you think it means...

* I only exert force in my AP work, not in comic vine comments.

• AP courses, heh. Sure.

*As i said, if you feel nothing for them, not pity or anything else, that implies that you dont value them or their struggles. Pathetic. You are truly despicable

• This sentence makes no sense, no matter what context I try to view it in. Please explain yourself more clearly.

* I dont want people to make fun of spider-man. Being gay would give them a HUGE reason to make fun of him.

• Why?

Believe or not, most people in high school think being gay is bad,

• Having been in high school at one time, I can tell you that this is patently false. You just happen to associate with homophobes. Qui se ressemble s'assemble.

And since i have spidey socks, spidey backpacks, and spidey notebooks (LOL), theyre gonna give me hell saying im gay as well.

• Why does that terrify you?

Not only is that not true, there are true haters of gay people out there. Not to mention my big brother would tease me for it. i would have to tell my 8 year old brother that spider-man likes men and my dad and mom would question my own sexuality if i look up to a gay guy. Worst of all, theyre old timers, you know what that means

• You hang around and live with some questionable people if liking a comic book character that would have only one version that was gay could ruin your entire social life. You also put way too much stock in what others think of you.

gay=bad

• Again, why?

Don't reply if youre gonna suggest that im racist

• Don't make racist comments if you do not wish to be seen as racist.

ive lost so much trying to stand against racists

• Cliche.
RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'll huff. And I'll puff.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter to me whether Spider-man is gay or black as long as the mesg of the character stays in tact.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: if he is not defined by his 'straightness' then why does making him gay matter to you? These classic characters ARE NOT GAY! Go ahead and embrace the newer gay characters that have popped up lately. Leave the classic characters alone.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai:

Your sThere is no contradiction at all. I actually said I don't care about those changes, not that I disliked them. But even if I didn't care for them, it would have nothing to do with how they are different than the mainstream comics.implification is, simply put, nonsense. Movie versions are not mainsteam versions represented in a different medium.

Yes they are and to say otherwise is either ignorance or denial, you don't use well established characters for the name alone.

MCU Captain America is not a 'movie version' of 616 Captain America. MCU Captain America is Captain America from Earth 199999. It is a completely separate Earth from the 616 universe.

Your spouting this like it actually means anything to the fans, the 2 will never, ever meet or have there actions reflect one another.

Also you are still contradicting yourself when you admit that you get upset over changes to the character, effectively what it boils down to is that you only want changes that you want.

616 Spider-Man isn't gay. Unfortunately, Marvel subscribes to the theory of the multiverse so yes, there is a Spider-Man out there in the Marvel U that loves penis.

Your tactics are disgusting,

Yours are evasive. You refused to answer a single question.

F8cking right I didn't answer a question that is effectively agree with what I say or you have a problem with gays.

No, I am saying that if you think changing the sexuality of an alternate version is an insult to your fandom, you have a problem with gays, even if you are unwilling to admit to it. I highly recommend self-reflection.

Not alternative.

doesn't matter if there are other gays or original gay characters, this specific character must be changed.

Untrue. I never said Spider-Man's sexuality must be changed. I simply asked why not. Your answers indicate at best a poor understanding of how a character should be defined or even why said character should be liked and at worst, your answers indicate thinly-veiled homophobia. They made Alan Scott gay and he is arguably better written and more interesting than his Pre-Flashpoint counterpart ever was. His change in sexuality is not considered a slap in the face to fans. He isn't considered a mockery to gays.

Established character, what more needs to be said.

Yeah, people that don't appreciate racism and homophobia. F**k them gay lovers, amiright?

Get off your high horse. You want an established character to be changed, you have admitted that you are unhappy with character changes to movie characters that differientiate them from there comic book versions with the exception of what you want, the idea of different universes is geek sh*that has almost 0 baring on how most view movies which is what matters. The fact that you ignore or can't see the hypocrisy doesn't change that, your argument has about as much relevance as the fact that these characters are portrayed by actors.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Apart from few rumors there wasn't really any real chance of this happening this soon

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fictional characters are fake.It shouldn't matter if their race is changed because their still fictional characters,damn you nerds need to let it go.

Its not like its a real life historical character being falsely portrayed by someone who doesn't look like them.Have you nerds ever heard of alternate Universes? I'm sure you guys have.Get over it.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gambit474

@makhai said:
@gambit474 said:

Spider-man doesn't need to be gay because he's not gay. Anyone who justifies changing him that way doesn't know what they're talking about. It's laziness and pointless to change an established character instead of using a character that already represents that minority or simply making a new one.

"There are plenty of straight characters"..This isn't 1950 anymore, there's gay characters now in the comics. They should be used instead. Makhai sounds like a heterophobe if he's got this much of a problem with people not wanting Spider-man to be gay

I have forgotten more about Spider-Man than you will ever learn. I am saying there is no reason why he can't be gay. Let's see how well you do when you draw on me.

It is not laziness to create a different version of a character. It opens an entirely new world of potential story-telling. How is it lazy to explore that? You know what is lazy? Refusing to try something new because it has never been done before.

Sure, they can use a new character. But what is wrong with using an established character that people can rally around? It's an alternate universe. If you subscribe to the theory of the multiverse, there is a version of you (several versions of you, actually) that loves men. Why is it so hard to believe that there could be a version of Spider-Man that also is gay? Why is that so horrible?

Lol heterophobe. I love your line of logic. I ask the question on why it is a problem, I get no well-thought out reasoning or justification for this gay-hate, and your conclusion is that because I think gays are fine, I must hate straights. I can tell that I am going to have a lot of fun with you in this thread.

What's the matter princess, need a box of tissues? Sure there is a reason why he can't be gay, it's called continuity. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's absolutely no reason why Spider-man needs to be gay other than a poor politically correct stunt. Yes it is laziness because people will still recognize them as the same person, it's just you trying to make a dumb excuse to turn them gay. That's not laziness, that's just you being close minded and afraid of people not wanting someone to be gay..Oh the insecurities you seem to possess

Multiverse is irrelevant, as Marvel will go with what is most popular and a gay Peter Parker is definitely not such. Why is it so hard for you to accept Spider-man simply being straight the way he is in the books? Does it offend you that he likes women? Does it offend you for him to be with Mary Jane? Apparently it does since you seem to have a stick up your hind end about it. There is no gay hate, there's just some troll rambling about people wanting continuity to be respected. I can tell that I can expect more ridiculous posts like this from you in this thread

@emperorxhadesx420 Bud, you're on a forum about comic books and you want to call people nerds? I take it you're not the brightest bulb of the bunch

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@gambit474 said:

Spider-man doesn't need to be gay because he's not gay. Anyone who justifies changing him that way doesn't know what they're talking about. It's laziness and pointless to change an established character instead of using a character that already represents that minority or simply making a new one.

"There are plenty of straight characters"..This isn't 1950 anymore, there's gay characters now in the comics. They should be used instead. Makhai sounds like a heterophobe if he's got this much of a problem with people not wanting Spider-man to be gay

I have forgotten more about Spider-Man than you will ever learn. I am saying there is no reason why he can't be gay. Let's see how well you do when you draw on me.

It is not laziness to create a different version of a character. It opens an entirely new world of potential story-telling. How is it lazy to explore that? You know what is lazy? Refusing to try something new because it has never been done before.

Sure, they can use a new character. But what is wrong with using an established character that people can rally around? It's an alternate universe. If you subscribe to the theory of the multiverse, there is a version of you (several versions of you, actually) that loves men. Why is it so hard to believe that there could be a version of Spider-Man that also is gay? Why is that so horrible?

Lol heterophobe. I love your line of logic. I ask the question on why it is a problem, I get no well-thought out reasoning or justification for this gay-hate, and your conclusion is that because I think gays are fine, I must hate straights. I can tell that I am going to have a lot of fun with you in this thread.

no that's pretty lazy keep Spiderman whom he is. Make the stories on that do not make him another character for that is (another character) Pretty simply really. It is not being mean or anything Spiderman is Peter Parker the creator dreamed up the idea said. Peter Parker is Spidey. Then he went on from that point and made lots of money.

We have been given great stories with Peter Parker but they still have tons to tell. More Black Cat or more Gwen Stacy explore the world of could have would have more. So much more to be done with the character why would anybody want to change the core of the character and call that doing anything. You change where he is not how he is , you change whom he talks to and walks with not what makes the character tick and fight and work.

Imagine if they made Uncle ben a women and Aunt May gay? How far would that go?

The basics never change the basics so much you do not know whom the character is anymore.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: if he is not defined by his 'straightness' then why does making him gay matter to you? These classic characters ARE NOT GAY! Go ahead and embrace the newer gay characters that have popped up lately. Leave the classic characters alone.

If you think that is my position, then you aren't really reading the arguments that I have posted. I do not especially care if they make Spider-Man gay or not in some alternate iteration. What I care about is the people that say that he can't be gay. 616 Spider-Man isn't gay but I see no reason why Spider-Man from some other universe can't be. Sexuality is not some omniversal constant.

Yes they are and to say otherwise is either ignorance or denial, you don't use well established characters for the name alone.

I already proved how the movie versions are not the mainstream versions. No matter how much you wish this was not the case, it will not change. The only person posting in ignorance and denial is you. You must really hate gays to be this angry over the issue.

Your spouting this like it actually means anything to the fans, the 2 will never, ever meet or have there actions reflect one another.

I believe it should matter to anyone that cares about continuity at all. Besides, any fan that is so torn up over the sexuality of a character, to the point that they would be turned off by said character just because of their sexual orientation, must not be much of a fan at all.

Also you are still contradicting yourself when you admit that you get upset over changes to the character, effectively what it boils down to is that you only want changes that you want.

There is no contradiction. I actually said I didn't care about the changes you listed. What I see here is a failure of reading comprehension on your part.

Disgusting how? Stating that some version of a character in the multiverse disgusts you? If I were you, I would reflect on why you hold such prejudice towards gays.

F8cking right I didn't answer a question that is effectively agree with what I say or you have a problem with gays.

Well, you are the one that is making posts that suggest you have a critical character defect in your view on gays. I merely pointed it out.

Not alternative.

Yes, alternative. MCU characters are not 616 characters. Your argument is deeply flawed.

doesn't matter if there are other gays or original gay characters, this specific character must be changed.

Awwww, that's cute. Only if you had been paying attention (and your replies heavily indicate that you have not), then you would have seen that I never took up a position that required Spider-Man to be gay.

Green Lantern is an established character. There is nothing wrong with him.

Get off your high horse.

Make me.

You want an established character to be changed,

Lie. I asked why not and have yet to see an answer that isn't riddled with homophobia.

you have admitted that you are unhappy with character changes to movie characters that differientiate them from there comic book versions with the exception of what you want,

Lie. I have said or suggested no such thing. I specifically said I didn't care about the changes you had hoped I would have a problem with.

the idea of different universes is geek sh*that has almost 0 baring on how most view movies which is what matters.

Why does that matter? Are you suggesting that homophobes lack the intellectual maturity to understand the concept of the multiverse? I actually don't have a problem with this suggestion but it does appear to be self-defeating.

The fact that you ignore or can't see the hypocrisy doesn't change that,

You have yet to point out any valid hypocrisy in my arguments. The only one you have even attempted to point out was either a gross misunderstanding on your part or a strawman.

your argument has about as much relevance as the fact that these characters are portrayed by actors.

How? Alternate versions of characters can be radically different than the mainstream counterparts. We have a gay Hercules and Wolverine in one universe. We have a black Cyclops and Superman in others. Are you saying you would lose your mind if Cyclops showed up in a movie as a black man? You have to if your own argument is to be without hypocrisy. Though by doing so, you also deepen the exposure of your own prejudices.

What's the matter princess, need a box of tissues?

No, I think I'm fine.

Sure there is a reason why he can't be gay, it's called continuity.

There is no established continuity in an alternate universe where the character has not yet made an appearance.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

By that logic, no character development would take place for even established characters. It's a moronic phrase.

There's absolutely no reason why Spider-man needs to be gay other than a poor politically correct stunt.

There is no need, sure. But there is no reason why we can't in another universe either.

Yes it is laziness because people will still recognize them as the same person,

That seems to suggest the laziness is on the part of those that do not care to distinguish between the two universes, not the writers that would make Spider-Man gay.

it's just you trying to make a dumb excuse to turn them gay.

You seem to have also failed to understand my actual argument. I believe I have an answer as to why this is the case for so many people in this thread. I believe it is because you wish to argue with someone about this issue so badly, that you don't actually care to read the posts of the opposition. You merely recognized that someone shared your view and immediately responded to me without actually having read my arguments made thus far. That's kind of foolish.

That's not laziness, that's just you being close minded and afraid of people not wanting someone to be gay..

LOL yes, me not having a problem with a character being made gay in an alternate universe is ME being close-minded. Not you for reacting so abusively to someone thinking that a gay Spider-Man is okay with them.

Oh the insecurities you seem to possess

What insecurities are these? I have expressed complete comfort in the idea of a straight or gay Spider-Man. You have, without provocation, leapt to an emotional extreme for no other reason than that someone suggested a gay Spider-Man would be fine. Are you sure the one with the insecurities is me?

Multiverse is irrelevant,

It's really not. There are several alternate universe characters with an alternate sexuality.

as Marvel will go with what is most popular and a gay Peter Parker is definitely not such.

We actually don't know if this would be popular or not, as there has never been a gay Peter Parker to correctly estimate popularity.

Why is it so hard for you to accept Spider-man simply being straight the way he is in the books?

I actually do. If that is your only problem with me, then I suppose we have settled it as a misunderstanding on your part.

Does it offend you that he likes women?

No.

Does it offend you for him to be with Mary Jane?

No. But the idea of Peter being with Marty Jones clearly offends you.

Apparently it does since you seem to have a stick up your hind end about it.

Hind end? Again, no I don't. This like the arguments from other users, clearly demonstrates either a reading comprehension error or a strawman on your part. It also illustrates your need to vilify those that are sympathetic to gays.

There is no gay hate,

Based on your post, this is clearly not true.

there's just some troll rambling about people wanting continuity to be respected.

Yes, everyone that disagrees with you must be a troll. A bit of a desperate remark, wouldn't you say? Also, I have no problem with continuity being respected. If 616 Parker was suddenly made gay, I would think that is stupid. However, I have never once suggested that this should be what Marvel does. I respect continuity, I also happen to understand continuity better than you do.

I can tell that I can expect more ridiculous posts like this from you in this thread

I read this as, "I fully expect you to shut down my deeply prejudiced argument with ease". I'm glad I could meet your expectations.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@blackdog2009 said:

If you think that is my position, then you aren't really reading the arguments that I have posted. I do not especially care if they make Spider-Man gay or not in some alternate iteration. What I care about is the people that say that he can't be gay. 616 Spider-Man isn't gay but I see no reason why Spider-Man from some other universe can't be. Sexuality is not some omniversal constant.

I already proved how the movie versions are not the mainstream versions. No matter how much you wish this was not the case, it will not change. The only person posting in ignorance and denial is you. You must really hate gays to be this angry over the issue.

I believe it should matter to anyone that cares about continuity at all. Besides, any fan that is so torn up over the sexuality of a character, to the point that they would be turned off by said character just because of their sexual orientation, must not be much of a fan at all.

There is no contradiction. I actually said I didn't care about the changes you listed. What I see here is a failure of reading comprehension on your part.

Disgusting how? Stating that some version of a character in the multiverse disgusts you? If I were you, I would reflect on why you hold such prejudice towards gays.

Well, you are the one that is making posts that suggest you have a critical character defect in your view on gays. I merely pointed it out.

Not alternative.

Yes, alternative. MCU characters are not 616 characters. Your argument is deeply flawed.

Awwww, that's cute. Only if you had been paying attention (and your replies heavily indicate that you have not), then you would have seen that I never took up a position that required Spider-Man to be gay.

Green Lantern is an established character. There is nothing wrong with him.

Get off your high horse.

Make me.

You want an established character to be changed,

Lie. I asked why not and have yet to see an answer that isn't riddled with homophobia.

you have admitted that you are unhappy with character changes to movie characters that differientiate them from there comic book versions with the exception of what you want,

Lie. I have said or suggested no such thing. I specifically said I didn't care about the changes you had hoped I would have a problem with.

the idea of different universes is geek sh*that has almost 0 baring on how most view movies which is what matters.

Why does that matter? Are you suggesting that homophobes lack the intellectual maturity to understand the concept of the multiverse? I actually don't have a problem with this suggestion but it does appear to be self-defeating.

The fact that you ignore or can't see the hypocrisy doesn't change that,

You have yet to point out any valid hypocrisy in my arguments. The only one you have even attempted to point out was either a gross misunderstanding on your part or a strawman.

your argument has about as much relevance as the fact that these characters are portrayed by actors.

How? Alternate versions of characters can be radically different than the mainstream counterparts. We have a gay Hercules and Wolverine in one universe. We have a black Cyclops and Superman in others. Are you saying you would lose your mind if Cyclops showed up in a movie as a black man? You have to if your own argument is to be without hypocrisy. Though by doing so, you also deepen the exposure of your own prejudices.

What's the matter princess, need a box of tissues?

No, I think I'm fine.

Sure there is a reason why he can't be gay, it's called continuity.

There is no established continuity in an alternate universe where the character has not yet made an appearance.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

By that logic, no character development would take place for even established characters. It's a moronic phrase.

There's absolutely no reason why Spider-man needs to be gay other than a poor politically correct stunt.

There is no need, sure. But there is no reason why we can't in another universe either.

Yes it is laziness because people will still recognize them as the same person,

That seems to suggest the laziness is on the part of those that do not care to distinguish between the two universes, not the writers that would make Spider-Man gay.

it's just you trying to make a dumb excuse to turn them gay.

You seem to have also failed to understand my actual argument. I believe I have an answer as to why this is the case for so many people in this thread. I believe it is because you wish to argue with someone about this issue so badly, that you don't actually care to read the posts of the opposition. You merely recognized that someone shared your view and immediately responded to me without actually having read my arguments made thus far. That's kind of foolish.

That's not laziness, that's just you being close minded and afraid of people not wanting someone to be gay..

LOL yes, me not having a problem with a character being made gay in an alternate universe is ME being close-minded. Not you for reacting so abusively to someone thinking that a gay Spider-Man is okay with them.

Oh the insecurities you seem to possess

What insecurities are these? I have expressed complete comfort in the idea of a straight or gay Spider-Man. You have, without provocation, leapt to an emotional extreme for no other reason than that someone suggested a gay Spider-Man would be fine. Are you sure the one with the insecurities is me?

Multiverse is irrelevant,

It's really not. There are several alternate universe characters with an alternate sexuality.

as Marvel will go with what is most popular and a gay Peter Parker is definitely not such.

We actually don't know if this would be popular or not, as there has never been a gay Peter Parker to correctly estimate popularity.

Why is it so hard for you to accept Spider-man simply being straight the way he is in the books?

I actually do. If that is your only problem with me, then I suppose we have settled it as a misunderstanding on your part.

Does it offend you that he likes women?

No.

Does it offend you for him to be with Mary Jane?

No. But the idea of Peter being with Marty Jones clearly offends you.

Apparently it does since you seem to have a stick up your hind end about it.

Hind end? Again, no I don't. This like the arguments from other users, clearly demonstrates either a reading comprehension error or a strawman on your part. It also illustrates your need to vilify those that are sympathetic to gays.

There is no gay hate,

Based on your post, this is clearly not true.

there's just some troll rambling about people wanting continuity to be respected.

Yes, everyone that disagrees with you must be a troll. A bit of a desperate remark, wouldn't you say? Also, I have no problem with continuity being respected. If 616 Parker was suddenly made gay, I would think that is stupid. However, I have never once suggested that this should be what Marvel does. I respect continuity, I also happen to understand continuity better than you do.

I can tell that I can expect more ridiculous posts like this from you in this thread

I read this as, "I fully expect you to shut down my deeply prejudiced argument with ease". I'm glad I could meet your expectations.

I didn't even waste my time reading all of that since I know it'll be nothing but a bunch of whining and complaining as usual from you. Spider-man's not being gay, deal with it. The only possible reason why Peter would ever be made gay in the MCU would be to pander to the LGBT community, otherwise there is no legitimate reason why he needs to be that way. Multiverse crap does not justify a character being turned gay just because you think it'd be a good idea. We've got Hollywood screwing with enough of our comic book characters already, buzz off and leave Spidey alone, thanks ;)

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even waste my time reading all of that since I know it'll be nothing but a bunch of whining and complaining as usual from you.

Based on the fact that you failed to read my previous posts that you tried to argue with, I am not surprised. I never understood why some people admit to not reading the opposing arguments. If there was ever a way to both lose and have absolutely no class while doing it, this would be how.

Spider-man's not being gay, deal with it.

Spider-Man's what? If you meant that he is not gay, I understand this and actually don't have a problem with it. So there isn't really much of anything to deal with at all.

The only possible reason why Peter would ever be made gay in the MCU would be to pander to the LGBT community,

Or because the writers are not homophobes...

otherwise there is no legitimate reason why he needs to be that way.

No character's sexuality needs to be expressed. But if they do, why not change it up when making alternate versions?

Multiverse crap does not justify a character being turned gay just because you think it'd be a good idea.

It actually does. The Hercules and Wolverine pairing was actually fun to read and believe it or not, the world didn't end when it was published.

We've got Hollywood screwing with enough of our comic book characters already, buzz off and leave Spidey alone, thanks ;)

This again implies that making Spider-Man gay is some massive offense. It's not, except where there is prejudice.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

I didn't even waste my time reading all of that since I know it'll be nothing but a bunch of whining and complaining as usual from you.

Based on the fact that you failed to read my previous posts that you tried to argue with, I am not surprised. I never understood why some people admit to not reading the opposing arguments. If there was ever a way to both lose and have absolutely no class while doing it, this would be how.

Spider-man's not being gay, deal with it.

Spider-Man's what? If you meant that he is not gay, I understand this and actually don't have a problem with it. So there isn't really much of anything to deal with at all.

The only possible reason why Peter would ever be made gay in the MCU would be to pander to the LGBT community,

Or because the writers are not homophobes...

otherwise there is no legitimate reason why he needs to be that way.

No character's sexuality needs to be expressed. But if they do, why not change it up when making alternate versions?

Multiverse crap does not justify a character being turned gay just because you think it'd be a good idea.

It actually does. The Hercules and Wolverine pairing was actually fun to read and believe it or not, the world didn't end when it was published.

We've got Hollywood screwing with enough of our comic book characters already, buzz off and leave Spidey alone, thanks ;)

This again implies that making Spider-Man gay is some massive offense. It's not, except where there is prejudice.

Or because most popular Spider-man is known for being with women, aka Gwen, Mary Jane, and so on, and not men. There's literally no reason for him to be gay just because some random kid on the net thinks it'd be fine for him to be because of, omgz, alternate realities. Comic book readers are also a minority in this day and age so obviously Hercules and Wolverine isn't going to catch much notice, whereas you pull that stuff to the general public and you'll have a sh*t storm. If you think otherwise then you give the general public too much credit. Except it is an offense because it disrespects Spider-man's continuity. Marvel most of the time bases their film characters off 616, Ultimate, or a mixture of the two. There's no reason to make Spider-man an alternate versions because there's no reason that he needs to be changed at all. None of those changes would add anything relevant to his character and if people wanted a different Spider-man then it would be simply better to change it to a different Spider like Scarlet Spider, Spider-man 2099, and such. We can go on about this as long as you'd like but in the end you'll still be wrong

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By makhai

@gambit474 said:

Or because most popular Spider-man is known for being with women, aka Gwen, Mary Jane, and so on, and not men.

This makes no sense. You can't compare the popularity of one version of a character with 53 years of history against one that has not even been created yet. That is beyond stupid.

There's literally no reason for him to be gay

We have already gone over this. But since you seem to be that kind of person that needs to be told the same thing several times before understanding is reached... There are plenty of reasons for him to be gay. It is diversifying the character with an alternate version from an alternate universe. It allows the creative team to explore areas that they never have with Spider-Man before.

just because some random kid on the net thinks it'd be fine for him to be because of, omgz, alternate realities.

Believe it or not, that is not a bad reason. It shows that some people are not only okay and totally not threatened by Spider-Man having a gay counterpart, it shows that some actually would like to see it.

Comic book readers are also a minority in this day and age so obviously Hercules and Wolverine isn't going to catch much notice, whereas you pull that stuff to the general public and you'll have a sh*t storm.

You know, when Spider-Man unmasked, it received national attention from real life news stations? The same thing as when Miles Morales was created. When Batwoman turned out to be gay? Yup, national news attention. Your excuse is a little thin. What is more likely is either A) homophobes are rightfully dying out and/or B) characters from alternate universes don't bother most homophobes as much as homosexuality bothers you.

If you think otherwise then you give the general public too much credit.

Or I am an informed individual and you are merely trying to pass off personal bigotry as cynicism.

Except it is an offense because it disrespects Spider-man's continuity.

No. It really doesn't. Unless you are trying to make the argument that homosexuality is disrespectful. I mean, you basically are trying to make that argument, only without the balls to actually say it directly.

Marvel most of the time bases their film characters off 616, Ultimate, or a mixture of the two.

So what? Your argument is basically, "We have done things like this for X amount of years. Therefore we should never try something else". That's a logical fallacy. Look it up, it is called an appeal to tradition and it is fundamentally flawed.

There's no reason to make Spider-man an alternate versions because there's no reason that he needs to be changed at all.

No matter what, this Spider-Man is going to be an alternate version. Also, MCU Spider-Man can be based on 616 Spider-Man and still be gay. An adaption is not a literal translation. Your argument is redundant. Not only have you already made the erroneous claim that there is no reason to make him gay before in this very post, but you made it in previous posts as well.

None of those changes would add anything relevant to his character

If this is true, then we can logically deduce that being straight would add nothing relevant to the character...

and if people wanted a different Spider-man then it would be simply better to change it to a different Spider like Scarlet Spider, Spider-man 2099, and such.

Why is it not okay to make Peter Parker gay but it is completely fine to make Ben Reilly, Kaine, or Miguel O'Hara gay? LMAO Jesus it is like you don't even know what you are saying.

We can go on about this as long as you'd like but in the end you'll still be wrong

I would definitely like to keep this going. It seems as though you have some critical disconnect in differentiating between right and wrong. I don't mind going for the low-hanging fruit, really.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

comics these days

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

good news indeed

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mak, I really didn't waste my time reading all of that because it's pointless to read the argument of some kid who thinks turning Spider-man gay would be ok when it would cause quite the controversy if brought to the general public. There doesn't need to be diversity, he's Spider-man..Not some political tool to promote diversity. You want diversity? Try using a character that already represents such or make a new one, not screw around with established characters just because you foolishly think that "multiverse" crap can justify it. Trying to accuse me of being a bigot just because I like my characters the way they are makes you look like an even bigger fool. Shut up, accept that you're wrong, and get over it. Kids like you make me wish this site had an ignore option. You are literally the only one wanting Spider-man to be gay in this thread and then get butthurt about it when no one wants to agree with you. If I'm a "homophobe" for wanting continuity to be respected then I'm perfectly fine with that, mostly because a majority of trolls like you misuse the word and don't know what it actually means

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By makhai

@gambit474 said:

Mak, I really didn't waste my time reading all of that

You are so afraid of having your argument defeated, that you are just going to not read opposing ideas in order to protect your own? That is decidedly close-minded.

because it's pointless to read the argument of some kid who thinks turning Spider-man gay would be ok when it would cause quite the controversy if brought to the general public.

Since when was controversy automatically bad? Are we only supposed to hold ideals that make you comfortable?

There doesn't need to be diversity, he's Spider-man..

Yup. That right there sums it up. I bet you were one of those guys that was angry that a mixed race child wore the mask too. Is your mantra, "If it ain't white, it ain't right!"?

Not some political tool to promote diversity.

And why not? Spider-Man is capable of reaching millions. What better way to promote diversity than to share that idea with millions of people?

You want diversity?

Of course. I am not a hood-wearing bigot.

Try using a character that already represents such or make a new one,

Spider-Man already does represent diversity. Just not the diversity you are uncomfortable with. Besides, MCU Spider-Man WOULD be a new character. :D

not screw around with established characters

Since 616 would remain the same, no established characters would be messed with.

just because you foolishly think that "multiverse" crap can justify it.

Why doesn't it? It is an alternate universe. Until you can prove that sexuality is an omniversal constant, your counter argument is as flawed as it is homophobic.

Trying to accuse me of being a bigot just because I like my characters the way they are makes you look like an even bigger fool.

I am not trying to do anything. I successfully pointed out your bigotry. If I am a fool, what does that make you for getting crushed by one?

Shut up,

No.

accept that you're wrong, and get over it.

You cannot possibly assume you are right when you failed to even read my arguments in the first place. You have displayed ignorance, fear, bigotry, and pig-headedness. Yet I am the one that is wrong? That is rich.

Kids like you make me wish this site had an ignore option.

Once again, showing that you fear opposing opinions. Without an ignore function, there is an alternative left open to you. Simply ignore my comments. Since you claim to not be reading them anyway, I don't see this as a strenuous process for you.

You are literally the only one wanting Spider-man to be gay in this thread and then get butthurt about it when no one wants to agree with you.

There has only been a small handful of people that even commented on this thread. This is hardly a reliable statistic to base an opinion on and it is also an argumentum ad populum anyway, which is another logical fallacy. Furthermore, you are making a strawman. I never said I wanted him to be gay. I said I don't see a reason why he can't that isn't riddled with homophobia and suppressed sexual insecurity. His sexuality doesn't bother me one way or another. I just think it is hilarious how a comic character that is progressive in every sense of the word has so many bigoted fans.

If I'm a "homophobe" for wanting continuity to be respected then I'm perfectly fine with that,

You are and I already explained how continuity would be respected. I also proved that you have no idea what continuity even means. The continuity for MCU Spider-Man has not even been created yet. They can literally do anything and still respect continuity, so long as it is consistent with the rest of his appearances in the MCU.

mostly because a majority of trolls like you misuse the word and don't know what it actually means

I know what a homophobe is. A person that fears gays. You lack the confidence to admit to this is all but you do fear gay representation. If you hate a Miles Morales because he is black, you are a racist. Likewise, if you hate Spider-Man in a universe where he is homosexual, then you are a homophobic person. It is not trolling behavior to point this out and if any of my posts were trolling, I am sure that a moderator would have intervened.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how this was even a discussion. It saddens me.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

Mak, I really didn't waste my time reading all of that

You are so afraid of having your argument defeated, that you are just going to not read opposing ideas in order to protect your own? That is decidedly close-minded.

because it's pointless to read the argument of some kid who thinks turning Spider-man gay would be ok when it would cause quite the controversy if brought to the general public.

Since when was controversy automatically bad? Are we only supposed to hold ideals that make you comfortable?

There doesn't need to be diversity, he's Spider-man..

Yup. That right there sums it up. I bet you were one of those guys that was angry that a mixed race child wore the mask too. Is your mantra, "If it ain't white, it ain't right!"?

Not some political tool to promote diversity.

And why not? Spider-Man is capable of reaching millions. What better way to promote diversity than to share that idea with millions of people?

You want diversity?

Of course. I am not a hood-wearing bigot.

Try using a character that already represents such or make a new one,

Spider-Man already does represent diversity. Just not the diversity you are uncomfortable with. Besides, MCU Spider-Man WOULD be a new character. :D

not screw around with established characters

Since 616 would remain the same, no established characters would be messed with.

just because you foolishly think that "multiverse" crap can justify it.

Why doesn't it? It is an alternate universe. Until you can prove that sexuality is an omniversal constant, your counter argument is as flawed as it is homophobic.

Trying to accuse me of being a bigot just because I like my characters the way they are makes you look like an even bigger fool.

I am not trying to do anything. I successfully pointed out your bigotry. If I am a fool, what does that make you for getting crushed by one?

Shut up,

No.

accept that you're wrong, and get over it.

You cannot possibly assume you are right when you failed to even read my arguments in the first place. You have displayed ignorance, fear, bigotry, and pig-headedness. Yet I am the one that is wrong? That is rich.

Kids like you make me wish this site had an ignore option.

Once again, showing that you fear opposing opinions. Without an ignore function, there is an alternative left open to you. Simply ignore my comments. Since you claim to not be reading them anyway, I don't see this as a strenuous process for you.

You are literally the only one wanting Spider-man to be gay in this thread and then get butthurt about it when no one wants to agree with you.

There has only been a small handful of people that even commented on this thread. This is hardly a reliable statistic to base an opinion on and it is also an argumentum ad populum anyway, which is another logical fallacy. Furthermore, you are making a strawman. I never said I wanted him to be gay. I said I don't see a reason why he can't that isn't riddled with homophobia and suppressed sexual insecurity. His sexuality doesn't bother me one way or another. I just think it is hilarious how a comic character that is progressive in every sense of the word has so many bigoted fans.

If I'm a "homophobe" for wanting continuity to be respected then I'm perfectly fine with that,

You are and I already explained how continuity would be respected. I also proved that you have no idea what continuity even means. The continuity for MCU Spider-Man has not even been created yet. They can literally do anything and still respect continuity, so long as it is consistent with the rest of his appearances in the MCU.

mostly because a majority of trolls like you misuse the word and don't know what it actually means

I know what a homophobe is. A person that fears gays. You lack the confidence to admit to this is all but you do fear gay representation. If you hate a Miles Morales because he is black, you are a racist. Likewise, if you hate Spider-Man in a universe where he is homosexual, then you are a homophobic person. It is not trolling behavior to point this out and if any of my posts were trolling, I am sure that a moderator would have intervened.

No Caption Provided

The fact that you try to treat Spider-man as a political tool instead of a comic character defeats anything you have to say. If you want to live with your delusion that Spider-man should be turned gay in the MCU then by all means..Keep living in fantasy land, but fact is it's not going to happen. I know it hurts your little liberal feelings to be told that but you'll survive. You want a gay Spider-man? Go make a new one.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By makhai

The fact that you try to treat Spider-man as a political tool instead of a comic character defeats anything you have to say.

How? Comics are used as political tools all the time. I suppose they are just too subtle for that finely honed intellectual mind of yours. In the 80s, the struggles of blacks were heavily represented in comics. Does reading through those issues make you so upset as well?

If you want to live with your delusion that Spider-man should be turned gay in the MCU then by all means..Keep living in fantasy land,

Once again, I never said that he should. I just don't understand why you are so troubled by the idea of a gay Spider-Man from an alternate universe. It impacts 616 Spider-Man not one iota. It is definitely not a logical insecurity you have here.

but fact is it's not going to happen.

Not yet. I'm sure if and when it does happen though, you will launch into another bigoted tirade. We might even see you come up with ludicrous ideas like putting gays on an island or something.

I know it hurts your little liberal feelings to be told that but you'll survive.

Considering I am completely at ease with a straight Spider-Man, just as much as a gay one, my feelings are doing just fine. Actually, I'm feeling pretty awesome considering I have exposed your true gay-bashing colors. You are forever going to be that guy on CV that hates gays.

You want a gay Spider-man? Go make a new one.

I don't work at Marvel. If I did, we may very well have seen one by now.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, they're used as political tools here lately because we live in a more politically correct age, that doesn't mean it's right that they do so. I don't see why you're so troubled with someone liking Spider-man just the way he is. God forbid someone might not want a character that's known for being with women to be gay just because some "multiverse" logic would "justify" it. Might as well turn them all gay by your logic. If I'm insecure then I'm perfectly fine with it, because I much rather see established characters stay just the way they are instead of having lazy changes made to them instead of using a character that already represents that minority or creating a new one. I hate gays now because I stand against your idea? Boy, no wonder the LGBT community gets crap when they've got people like you representing them.

Just because I don't accept the idea of Spider-man being gay doesn't mean I hate gays you goof. You're just another one of those over-sensitive obnoxious crybabies who cries foul the moment someone says even the slightest thing about a character being changed based on their gender, skin color, sexual orientation, or whatever else. Judging by your comments, you sound like the only one who's bigoted here if you can't handle opposition and cry homophobe any time someone's against a character being turned gay. If it does happen it won't be with Peter Parker and if you think otherwise then you obviously don't know comics very well. I'm glad you don't work at Marvel, I'd hate to see them go under if people like you were in control

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By makhai

@gambit474 said:

No, they're used as political tools here lately because we live in a more politically correct age,

How do you explain all the uses of comics as political tools that came before 'recent examples'? When exactly is the start of this so-called politically correct age? I ask because I plan to show you evidence of comics as political tools prior to whatever date you say.

that doesn't mean it's right that they do so.

Why isn't it right to show readers the issues that society is currently dealing with?

I don't see why you're so troubled with someone liking Spider-man just the way he is.

Strawman. I explained several times, in detail, that I am fine with his sexuality. I am challenging your homophobia, not the current status quo. It is a question of why it is wrong and so far, you are failing to provide a decent explanation. It is nice that you are reading my replies though. I suspected you were lying about that.

God forbid someone might not want a character that's known for being with women to be gay just because some "multiverse" logic would "justify" it.

Except the Spider-Man in question has not been with anyone yet, man or woman. So your argument makes no sense. If you are only reading Spider-Man for the women he is dating, I question whether or not you are really a fan of Spider-Man at all. I am still waiting for your evidence that sexuality is an omniversal constant though. Assuming string theory is correct, there is a universe out there where you are openly gay. How does that make you feel? There is also another one out there where you don't hate gays.

Might as well turn them all gay by your logic.

Sure, why not? Why is their heterosexuality so very important to you? Are you living your sexual life vicariously through comic heroes? Is your sexual life so inactive that you require Spider-Man of all fictional characters to satisfy your... appetites? Is that why the idea of Spider-Man being gay upsets you so?

If I'm insecure then I'm perfectly fine with it,

Okay.

because I much rather see established characters stay just the way they are instead of having lazy changes made to them instead of using a character that already represents that minority or creating a new one.

MCU Spider-Man isn't established yet though.

I hate gays now because I stand against your idea?

My idea being to ask the question of why not and your response being, essentially, "Gays are eeewwwy!".

Boy, no wonder the LGBT community gets crap when they've got people like you representing them.

Well to be fair, you were not-so-subtly bashing said LGBT community by saying a gay Spider-Man is offensive, which kind of reinforces my assumption of you.

Just because I don't accept the idea of Spider-man being gay doesn't mean I hate gays you goof.

Yes it does. In Marvel, there is a multiverse. That much is factually true. With that in mind, there would have to be several universes out there with gay Spider-Men. That much is also fact. Why can't one of those versions of Spider-Man be the MCU Spider-Man? I mean, other than your discomfort with gays, of course.

You're just another one of those over-sensitive obnoxious crybabies who cries foul the moment someone says even the slightest thing about a character being changed based on their gender, skin color, sexual orientation, or whatever else.

Or maybe I am just fine with these superficial changes and welcome diversity in comics? You are the only one crying foul anyway. I am using logic and reason and pointing out the bigotry in your arguments.

Judging by your comments, you sound like the only one who's bigoted here if you can't handle opposition and cry homophobe any time someone's against a character being turned gay.

I am less inclined to enjoy the company of those that hate people based on race or sexuality, sure. If you would hate MCU Spider-Man just because he was gay, then you are a very specific kind of bigot. What you are saying now is that I am a hypocrite because I am intolerant to your gay-bashing. But by doing so, you have inadvertently admitted that you are a gay-basher. Intolerance for intolerance is not hypocrisy. Furthermore, unlike you I am not trying to silence opposing arguments. I welcome them because I want to challenge opposing ideas regarding gay issues. You are the one that says all views must be similar to your own or you won't hear them. You are the one telling people with opposing arguments to shut up, so you don't have to plug your proverbial ears in terror. I believe that the sexuality of Spider-Man is less important than his character development. You on the other hand require straightness for you to even begin to evaluate the other qualities of the character's depiction. How can you possibly be so lacking in self-awareness to not see your bigotry? I don't have any trouble handling your hate-speak. Lies and diversion tactics here, nothing more. I point out the logical fallacies in your argument and you simply jump to a new one. Quite the cowardly stratagem, the route you are now taking.

If it does happen it won't be with Peter Parker and if you think otherwise then you obviously don't know comics very well.

What does this even mean? I have shown that I know far more about comics than you do already. I never said that Peter will be made gay in comics. Furthermore, there is no reason at all to believe that there will never be a published gay Spider-Man. That is quite the short-sighted dream you hold.

I'm glad you don't work at Marvel, I'd hate to see them go under if people like you were in control

LOL so you think Marvel would tank if there was a gay Spider-Man in comics? Believe it or not, not everyone hates gays as much as you do.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Gambit474

@makhai said:

No, they're used as political tools here lately because we live in a more politically correct age,

How do you explain all the uses of comics as political tools that came before 'recent examples'? When exactly is the start of this so-called politically correct age? I ask because I plan to show you evidence of comics as political tools prior to whatever date you say.

that doesn't mean it's right that they do so.

Why isn't it right to show readers the issues that society is currently dealing with?

I don't see why you're so troubled with someone liking Spider-man just the way he is.

Strawman. I explained several times, in detail, that I am fine with his sexuality. I am challenging your homophobia, not the current status quo. It is a question of why it is wrong and so far, you are failing to provide a decent explanation. It is nice that you are reading my replies though. I suspected you were lying about that.

God forbid someone might not want a character that's known for being with women to be gay just because some "multiverse" logic would "justify" it.

Except the Spider-Man in question has not been with anyone yet, man or woman. So your argument makes no sense. If you are only reading Spider-Man for the women he is dating, I question whether or not you are really a fan of Spider-Man at all. I am still waiting for your evidence that sexuality is an omniversal constant though. Assuming string theory is correct, there is a universe out there where you are openly gay. How does that make you feel? There is also another one out there where you don't hate gays.

Might as well turn them all gay by your logic.

Sure, why not? Why is their heterosexuality so very important to you? Are you living your sexual life vicariously through comic heroes? Is your sexual life so inactive that you require Spider-Man of all fictional characters to satisfy your... appetites? Is that why the idea of Spider-Man being gay upsets you so?

If I'm insecure then I'm perfectly fine with it,

Okay.

because I much rather see established characters stay just the way they are instead of having lazy changes made to them instead of using a character that already represents that minority or creating a new one.

MCU Spider-Man isn't established yet though.

I hate gays now because I stand against your idea?

My idea being to ask the question of why not and your response being, essentially, "Gays are eeewwwy!".

Boy, no wonder the LGBT community gets crap when they've got people like you representing them.

Well to be fair, you were not-so-subtly bashing said LGBT community by saying a gay Spider-Man is offensive, which kind of reinforces my assumption of you.

Just because I don't accept the idea of Spider-man being gay doesn't mean I hate gays you goof.

Yes it does. In Marvel, there is a multiverse. That much is factually true. With that in mind, there would have to be several universes out there with gay Spider-Men. That much is also fact. Why can't one of those versions of Spider-Man be the MCU Spider-Man? I mean, other than your discomfort with gays, of course.

You're just another one of those over-sensitive obnoxious crybabies who cries foul the moment someone says even the slightest thing about a character being changed based on their gender, skin color, sexual orientation, or whatever else.

Or maybe I am just fine with these superficial changes and welcome diversity in comics? You are the only one crying foul anyway. I am using logic and reason and pointing out the bigotry in your arguments.

Judging by your comments, you sound like the only one who's bigoted here if you can't handle opposition and cry homophobe any time someone's against a character being turned gay.

I am less inclined to enjoy the company of those that hate people based on race or sexuality, sure. If you would hate MCU Spider-Man just because he was gay, then you are a very specific kind of bigot. What you are saying now is that I am a hypocrite because I am intolerant to your gay-bashing. But by doing so, you have inadvertently admitted that you are a gay-basher. Intolerance for intolerance is not hypocrisy. Furthermore, unlike you I am not trying to silence opposing arguments. I welcome them because I want to challenge opposing ideas regarding gay issues. You are the one that says all views must be similar to your own or you won't hear them. You are the one telling people with opposing arguments to shut up, so you don't have to plug your proverbial ears in terror. I believe that the sexuality of Spider-Man is less important than his character development. You on the other hand require straightness for you to even begin to evaluate the other qualities of the character's depiction. How can you possibly be so lacking in self-awareness to not see your bigotry? I don't have any trouble handling your hate-speak. Lies and diversion tactics here, nothing more. I point out the logical fallacies in your argument and you simply jump to a new one. Quite the cowardly stratagem, the route you are now taking.

If it does happen it won't be with Peter Parker and if you think otherwise then you obviously don't know comics very well.

What does this even mean? I have shown that I know far more about comics than you do already. I never said that Peter will be made gay in comics. Furthermore, there is no reason at all to believe that there will never be a published gay Spider-Man. That is quite the short-sighted dream you hold.

I'm glad you don't work at Marvel, I'd hate to see them go under if people like you were in control

LOL so you think Marvel would tank if there was a gay Spider-Man in comics? Believe it or not, not everyone hates gays as much as you do.

No Caption Provided

Do you have fun wasting your time mouthing off when I have no intention of reading it? I have no time for someone who thinks I'm some gay hating homophobe all because I'm against the idea of a gay Peter Parker in the MCU. You're nothing more than a insecure crybaby who can't handle it when someone tells you you're wrong. For someone who keeps bitching about hate, you sure do seem to love downgrading me and making ad hominem attacks on me all because I disagreed with you.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By makhai

Do you have fun wasting your time mouthing off when I have no intention of reading it?

I am amazed that you have to even ask the question. Though, if I am enjoying myself, it is hardly wasting time. I happen to enjoy dismantling arguments so completely, that my opponent lacks the courage to even read his proverbial spanking.

I have no time for some fool who thinks I'm some gay hating homophobe all because I'm against the idea of a gay Peter Parker in the MCU.

What do you mean? You attacked my assumed political affiliation and the LGBT community because I am in support a gay Spider-Man. You have already admitted to hating gays, albeit indirectly. You lack the stones to admit to it openly though, which is disappointing.

You're nothing more than a insecure crybaby

an*

who can't handle it when someone tells you you're wrong.

I debate, yes. That's what a forum is for. To challenge ideas. It seems to me that the person that refuses to even read arguments that he isn't comfortable with, yet still bickers with said person he is in disagreement with (you) would more appropriately fit the description you have tried to attach to me.

For someone who keeps bitching about hate, you sure do seem to love downgrading me

Downgrading? LOL

and making ad hominem attacks on me all because I disagreed with you.

I haven't actually. I shot down your ideas and when you refused to expand on them, the only thing left was your own bigotry. I only pointed it out and explained my reasoning. You failed to defend yourself against the reasoning. Heck, you didn't even deny my reasoning, you only called me names over it.

Get over yourself little boy, though it is reassuring to know that goofs like you are few in number.

Sorry to tell you this but those that are fine with gays are actually a growing number, not a number in decline.

Newsflash kid, X-men already accomplishes what you want.

Awesome. Why can't we branch out into other teams though? Aside from your discomfort with it, of course.

McMuffin_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: cause i dont want to see spiderman making out with guys. Most spidey fans are STRAIGHT MEN

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: cause i dont want to see spiderman making out with guys. Most spidey fans are STRAIGHT MEN

I am also straight. Being straight does not mean you have to be uncomfortable with gays. You are not a Spider-Man fan if you need him to bang women to like him.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

Do you have fun wasting your time mouthing off when I have no intention of reading it?

I am amazed that you have to even ask the question. Though, if I am enjoying myself, it is hardly wasting time. I happen to enjoy dismantling arguments so completely, that my opponent lacks the courage to even read his proverbial spanking.

I have no time for some fool who thinks I'm some gay hating homophobe all because I'm against the idea of a gay Peter Parker in the MCU.

What do you mean? You attacked my assumed political affiliation and the LGBT community because I am in support a gay Spider-Man. You have already admitted to hating gays, albeit indirectly. You lack the stones to admit to it openly though, which is disappointing.

You're nothing more than a insecure crybaby

an*

who can't handle it when someone tells you you're wrong.

I debate, yes. That's what a forum is for. To challenge ideas. It seems to me that the person that refuses to even read arguments that he isn't comfortable with, yet still bickers with said person he is in disagreement with (you) would more appropriately fit the description you have tried to attach to me.

For someone who keeps bitching about hate, you sure do seem to love downgrading me

Downgrading? LOL

and making ad hominem attacks on me all because I disagreed with you.

I haven't actually. I shot down your ideas and when you refused to expand on them, the only thing left was your own bigotry. I only pointed it out and explained my reasoning. You failed to defend yourself against the reasoning. Heck, you didn't even deny my reasoning, you only called me names over it.

Get over yourself little boy, though it is reassuring to know that goofs like you are few in number.

Sorry to tell you this but those that are fine with gays are actually a growing number, not a number in decline.

Newsflash kid, X-men already accomplishes what you want.

Awesome. Why can't we branch out into other teams though? Aside from your discomfort with it, of course.

No Caption Provided

Bud, you accuse me of hating gays or making anymore attacks on my character one more time and I will be reporting you into a mod. I have no desire to see a gay Spider-man because Peter Parker has never been known for being gay, and his most famous relationships are with, omgz, women. From Mary Jane all the way to Black Cat..The guy is as straight as you can get. Nobody here has said that they're against gays, you're just being a douche all because people don't want to see Spider-man be gay. This isn't a debate, this is just you trying to force your opinions on others and if they don't agree then you accuse them of being homophobes.

"You are not a Spider-Man fan if you need him to bang women to like him."

Are you serious? You're in no place to be telling others they're not fans of Spider-man if they don't support or believe the same things you do.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By makhai

Bud, you accuse me of hating gays or making anymore attacks on my character one more time and I will be reporting you into a mod.

The ironic thing about your post being that you post a picture claiming that I am butthurt, then immediately follow the picture with an announcement that you are offended. If you hate Spider-Man simply because they make him gay, then you do hate gays. Reporting me to a moderator will not change that fact. I highly recommend you evaluate this hate. Report me. I see more than enough evidence in this thread of you name-calling. Were I to get in trouble for pointing out homophobia (I won't), then you would be in even more trouble for all the name-calling you have done.

I have no desire to see a gay Spider-man because Peter Parker has never been known for being gay,

Alternate universe. By definition, they are not bound by the same rules of the mainstream universe.

and his most famous relationships are with, omgz, women.

Those same relationships can still be explored with same-sex counterparts.

From Mary Jane all the way to Black Cat.. The guy is as straight as you can get.

Yes, 616 Spider-Man is straight. It is a very good thing that I am not talking about 616 Spider-Man then.

Nobody here has said that they're against gays,

Yes, I know. Passive-aggressive and veiled expressions of hate riddle this thread though.

you're just being a douche all because people don't want to see Spider-man be gay.

I am challenging your ideas and they are failing to stand up to that challenge. If that makes me a douche, then so be it. It is common for people to hate those that beat them.

This isn't a debate,

It sure is.

this is just you trying to force your opinions on others and if they don't agree then you accuse them of being homophobes.

Again, I am challenging your position and yes, when you express homophobic ideals, I point them out. If that makes you upset, change your position to something that is not anti-gay.

Are you serious?

Yes. Thanks for reading my posts after all. Why were you lying about it though?

You're in no place to be telling others they're not fans of Spider-man if they don't support or believe the same things you do.

Sure I am. If you depend on his sexuality in order to like a character, then you don't really like the character at all. Peter's sexuality offers no depth to the character and if sexuality is all you are after, there are thousands of comic characters that are straight. One character representing the gay community is not going to scar you for life, nor would it turn you gay for finding something relatable to said character.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

Bud, you accuse me of hating gays or making anymore attacks on my character one more time and I will be reporting you into a mod.

The ironic thing about your post being that you post a picture claiming that I am butthurt, then immediately follow the picture with an announcement that you are offended. If you hate Spider-Man simply because they make him gay, then you do hate gays. Reporting me to a moderator will not change that fact. I highly recommend you evaluate this hate. Report me. I see more than enough evidence in this thread of you name-calling. Were I to get in trouble for pointing out homophobia (I won't), then you would be in even more trouble for all the name-calling you have done.

I have no desire to see a gay Spider-man because Peter Parker has never been known for being gay,

Alternate universe. By definition, they are not bound by the same rules of the mainstream universe.

and his most famous relationships are with, omgz, women.

Those same relationships can still be explored with same-sex counterparts.

From Mary Jane all the way to Black Cat.. The guy is as straight as you can get.

Yes, 616 Spider-Man is straight. It is a very good thing that I am not talking about 616 Spider-Man then.

Nobody here has said that they're against gays,

Yes, I know. Passive-aggressive and veiled expressions of hate riddle this thread though.

you're just being a douche all because people don't want to see Spider-man be gay.

I am challenging your ideas and they are failing to stand up to that challenge. If that makes me a douche, then so be it. It is common for people to hate those that beat them.

This isn't a debate,

It sure is.

this is just you trying to force your opinions on others and if they don't agree then you accuse them of being homophobes.

Again, I am challenging your position and yes, when you express homophobic ideals, I point them out. If that makes you upset, change your position to something that is not anti-gay.

Are you serious?

Yes. Thanks for reading my posts after all. Why were you lying about it though?

You're in no place to be telling others they're not fans of Spider-man if they don't support or believe the same things you do.

Sure I am. If you depend on his sexuality in order to like a character, then you don't really like the character at all. Peter's sexuality offers no depth to the character and if sexuality is all you are after, there are thousands of comic characters that are straight. One character representing the gay community is not going to scar you for life, nor would it turn you gay for finding something relatable to said character.

If I get in trouble for name calling then sure..I'm ok with that, because I'm not going to sit here and be insulted by some jerk who gets whiny over being told that someone doesn't want Spider-man to be gay. I have not once said I hate gays, were against them, or crap like that..You made those assumptions all because I refuse to accept an unnecessary gay Spider-man in the MCU. You're in no place to be telling people how much of a fan they are of a character. You're about as ridiculous as the people who cry racist when someone doesn't want a character's skin color changed on the big screen.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#84 vance_astro  Moderator

Anything else posted in this thread is to be specifically about the topic. No personal statements made about any other users. Anyone caught doing anything other than that is getting banned.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything else posted in this thread is to be specifically about the topic. No personal statements made about any other users. Anyone caught doing anything other than that is getting banned.

Noted.

If I get in trouble for name calling then sure..I'm ok with that, because I'm not going to sit here and be insulted by some jerk who gets whiny over being told that someone doesn't want Spider-man to be gay. I have not once said I hate gays, were against them, or crap like that..You made those assumptions all because I refuse to accept an unnecessary gay Spider-man in the MCU. You're in no place to be telling people how much of a fan they are of a character. You're about as ridiculous as the people who cry racist when someone doesn't want a character's skin color changed on the big screen.

Your original argument is that we can't change Spider-Man's sexuality because of continuity. I have already proven that to be a fallacious position by simple virtue of the MCU Spider-Man not being the 616 Spider-Man. Continuity remains intact. It is clear that whatever your reasons are for not wanting Spider-Man to be gay on screen, they definitely aren't because of the reasons you have provided. What then, I wonder, is the true reason behind your opposition?

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I know things like race and sexual preference aren't supposed to mean anything, but they do. If you change these things in a character you're creating what is in effect a new character, a straight white male isn't going to have the same background and won't be treated the same as a person with any one of those descriptors changed. Thus changing who the character grows to be, and leaving you with a different character.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By makhai

@mth_ said:

Now I know things like race and sexual preference aren't supposed to mean anything, but they do. If you change these things in a character you're creating what is in effect a new character, a straight white male isn't going to have the same background and won't be treated the same as a person with any one of those descriptors changed. Thus changing who the character grows to be, and leaving you with a different character.

I disagree. President Superman was every bit as Superman as Post Crisis. In fact, I would go as far as to say he was more Superman than New 52 Superman is. Hercules and James Howlett were still the same characters, however brief their appearances were. The only reason I have found why people care and vehemently oppose such changes with new interpretations and adaptions is because of their own overt or suppressed bigotry. Once you cut away all the excuses, all the poor logic behind their fronts, it's always the same. Ignorance and bigotry. When Miles came out, people lost their minds because he was black even though he was an entirely separate character. If he was an entirely separate character, why did they care that he was black? Will Smith in I Am Legend? Black. Same person as Superman? Black. The new Wally West? With how people reacted, you would think that the creative staff was murdering reader's loved ones and it was all before the character even had a canon appearance. This was just promo material that caused people to foam at the mouth.