Good Marvel Comic reads? (New to site...1st post)

JPlasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

OK so I' fairly new to comics (started late 2012) and I've been reading mostly DC's New 52 (mostly Batman). In my opinion I don't like the Marvel Now titles for the hero's that I like which are Wolverine, Captain America, the Avenger and the X-Men. Thor and Ind. Hulk are my only exceptions in Marvel Now.

I know marvel has produced some good reads in the past but I'm not sure where to begin. I will accept any recommendations even if the story arc isn't well known I just want it to be fun As for what I've read from marvel other than the NOW titles, it's been only Wolverine.

Wolverine (Claremont/Miller), Weapon X, Old-man Logan, Origin, Wolverine 1-4 (Black Blade arc), Incredible Hulk 180, 181

Like i said i would appreciate recommendations for Cap., Hulk, Thor, Avengers, and X-Men from any volume.

Thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

If you want to read a good current X-Men book, check out the adjectiveless series by Brian Wood. If you like the Claremont X-Men or the 90s animated series, you'll like this.

JPlasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is this from Marvel NOW? If so I'll take a pass. I was thinking more so along the lines of X-Men Vol. 2 w/ Jim Lee. I found issue 1 in abargain box at my comic shop but i just dont know what issues make up a good story arc within the series.