#1 Posted by Jayze (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys I mostly read Marvel and am a big fan of Spider-man. But with all these new D.C. movies that are coming out and are out (Man of Steel, Dark Knight Rises) I'm looking to broaden my horizon with some D.C. novels. What would you guys most recommend ?

Thanks.

#2 Posted by Cap10nate (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayze: Personally, I am a fan of Swamp Thing, Batman, Nightwing, and Green Lantern. I was reading Hawkman and Deathstroke but dropped them both about two months ago because I didn't think they were very good. I am probably going to pick up Animal Man as well since it is about to tie into Swamp Thing.

#3 Posted by kamakazi152 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy Batman, Detective Comics, Action Comics, Green Lantern and Justice League. I have heard The Flash is amazing and I'm planning to pick up the TPB. I've also heard good things about I, Vampire, Nightwing (which I'm probably going to start getting), and Animal Man.

#4 Edited by The_Tree (7990 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd personally recommend the following titles:

• Red Hood & the Outlaws
  • Batman & Robin
  • Stormwatch
  • Earth 2
  • Dial H
  • Action Comics
  • All-Star Western
  • Green Lantern
  • Aquaman
  • Nightwing
  • Green Lantern Corps
  • Justice League Dark
  • Batman
  • The Flash
  • Swamp Thing
  • Animal Man
  • Grifter
  • Justice League
  • Batwing
  • I, Vampire
  • Wonder Woman

The bold titles are the ones I like the most.

#5 Posted by noj (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayze: Lets see Batman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Action Comics, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Justice League Dark, I Vampire, Demon Knights, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Batman and Robin, are all great. Batman The Dark Knight recently got a new writer and has really turned around for the better.Batman Incorporated is great but is a continuation of Grant Morrisons 6 year run and is a little hard for new readers to jump into(though if you start Morrisons run from the beginning its freakin amazing)

#6 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman.

#7 Posted by noj (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah! How could I forget! Earth 2 and Wonder Woman have been consistently amazing!

#8 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Batman and Robin
  • Green Lantern
  • Nightwing
  • Earth-2
  • Batman
  • Green Lantern Corps
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians
  • Justice League

Those are the series I read. They're sort of in order of enjoyment, but it changes a lot.

#9 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, Green Lantern, GL New Guardians, Earth 2 (it's good but unless you are familiar with the parallel universe concept and ok with it, better not take the risk), Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, Superboy, Supergirl. there are others but these are probably the ones I'm more into right now

#10 Posted by nickthedevil (13975 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash, Earth 2, Justice League, Batman, Nightwing, Aquaman.

#11 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

swamp thing and animal ma. the rest not worth it.

#12 Posted by Thaxus (53 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an opinion thing but it's fair to suggest anything you find interesting and fun to read. I would suggest books that offer the biggest bang for the buck.

1. Justice League Dark 2. Aquaman 3. Batman the Dark Knight 4. Teen Titans 5. Batwoman (opps, Vampirella & Pantha from D.E.) :)

#13 Edited by SHAZAM117 (3902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say pickup Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Detective Comics, Justice League (Shazam mini-series included, which is probably better than Justice League itself)...Now's a good time to get into to DCU, especially with the New52. Back issues aren't hard to get a hold of, if you're a collector. But trade paperbacks just came out for the 1st story arcs as well

#14 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

Dial H, Stormwatch, Animal Man.